T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

Good Printer?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 4 Days Ago Sep 2, 2019 12:00:02 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Good Printer?

Just wondering if anyone has used the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wide-format Printer and if it is a good one for making film positives? I've heard lots about the Epson 1400 but am wondering if the wide format for this would be good?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Days Ago Sep 3, 2019 12:32:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Good Printer?

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/printe...s/t839010.html

Covered recently in a posty on the forum - link above. The 1400 was the predecessor of the 1430, the only difference being wifi and a different plastic casing. Neither the 1400 or 1430 are available anymore - hence people using the XP15000.

A year ago there were issues with the availability of refilable carts or Ciss, and the inkset included red and grey. You would need to see if these issues have been resolved or you will be stuck with expensive Epson ink.

Old 2 Days Ago Sep 4, 2019 9:46:51 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: WZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock
Just wondering if anyone has used the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wide-format Printer and if it is a good one for making film positives? I've heard lots about the Epson 1400 but am wondering if the wide format for this would be good?
I don't believe it's compatible with Accurip, if you'll be using that software. So be careful and check the compatibility list.

Also, you can still get the 1400 and 1430 used online. Look in the Facebook marketplace in your area. I purchased one of each from there, as backups; $50 and $75, respectively. Just make sure they let you print an image and run a clean nozzle check, before handing over any money.

I just removed the CISS's they had on them, popped in and ran some cleaning cartridges and stored them until needed.

Old 23 Hours Ago Sep 5, 2019 6:44:59 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,477 Posts

The 1430 is still available refurbished from Epson. https://epson.com/Clearance-Center/I...p/C11CB53201-N Some are trying to charge big $$$. I don’t use a RIP so can use about any printer that I can get refillable carts of a CISS and use all black.

Old 9 Hours Ago Sep 6, 2019 8:31:26 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: WZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
The 1430 is still available refurbished from Epson. https://epson.com/Clearance-Center/I...p/C11CB53201-N Some are trying to charge big $$$. I don’t use a RIP so can use about any printer that I can get refillable carts of a CISS and use all black.
No it's not. Been 'out of stock' for like over a year now. Believe me, I had been looking on the Epson site for a while. LOL It used to be available refurbished and I was about to pull the trigger, then a week later when I was about to purchase it, it was sold out and has been ever since. I check here and there and it still shows out of stock. Unless I'm catching it at the wrong time, which would be my luck.

Old 1 Minute Ago Sep 6, 2019 6:00:04 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingZombie
No it's not. Been 'out of stock' for like over a year now. Believe me, I had been looking on the Epson site for a while. LOL It used to be available refurbished and I was about to pull the trigger, then a week later when I was about to purchase it, it was sold out and has been ever since. I check here and there and it still shows out of stock. Unless I'm catching it at the wrong time, which would be my luck.
You have to check all the time and there is a ton of Facebook groups that the min someone sees then it’s posted. I bought on about 6 weeks ago and at the time I posted there was a add to cart button.

This is a discussion about Good Printer? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in