T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

Screen Printing Kit????

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2006 May 9, 2006 1:27:46 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Keely
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Screen Printing Kit????

I'm looking to purchase a screen printing kit and I'm wondering which one? There are tons out there and I'm not really sure where to start. I'm looking for a 4 color 4 station and I'm looking to spend (as little as possible) around $3,000. Anyone have suggestions? Where did you get yours from? Any place you know of that I should stay away from? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2006 May 9, 2006 1:34:21 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Screen Printing Kit????

I found this old topic about a good screen printing startup kit:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014

Old May 9th, 2006 May 9, 2006 1:55:22 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks, I actually saw that too, but was looking for more information...thats just one idea...I was looking to get a few more.

Old May 9th, 2006 May 9, 2006 9:38:00 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Nick

Although I'm loath to buy anything for over $200 on eBay, there are actually some great deals there on pro-level multi-stationed rigs.

Old May 10th, 2006 May 10, 2006 9:01:44 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I tried searching also from google for screen printing kit. And i found this one http://www.dharmatrading.com/screenprinting/. There are variety of screen printing essentials.

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 12:19:11 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Does anyone have any thoughts on this kit?

http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.com.../product/ent44

So confusing.

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 1:08:52 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,031 Times in 3,228 Posts

What part is confusing? Is there a specific question you had about that unit?

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 1:28:03 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Confusing was the wrong word....overwhelming would be better. Trying to pick out equipment to purchase....ugh...so much out there. I'm not totally sure what I need. I have never screen printed before. I'm looking to get started and I'm not sure which kits is the best for my money.

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 1:31:27 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: omar

start out with something cheaper. waaay cheaper if you're not sure about what to get. if you get something basic and you think you might need more, it would be easier to upgrade than if you spent $3000 on something you dont need. i'm sure you can find a good kit, everything you need to screen with, and bunch of shirts for less than $600

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 1:33:53 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Really??? I guess my thought was I don't want to turn around and buy all new stuff. I already own a store and I out source a ton of orders to a screen printer. I am looking to keep all those orders in house. And I'm also looking to print my own shirt to sell in my store. Do you think I can do all that for $600?

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 2:07:30 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Fluid's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Richard
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

also you mentioned you outsource printing already. Do you do any multi colored jobs more than 4-clrs? If so you might need to rethink your plan on purchasing a 4-clr press. this will limit you to only a 3-clr print on darks as youll loose a station from the get go with a white underbase. Just a thought

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 4:23:15 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

Smile Re: Screen Printing Kit????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusBlindfold
start out with something cheaper. waaay cheaper if you're not sure about what to get. if you get something basic and you think you might need more, it would be easier to upgrade than if you spent $3000 on something you dont need. i'm sure you can find a good kit, everything you need to screen with, and bunch of shirts for less than $600

Hi there...I was just told about this thread and thought I would weigh in with my two cents. I have been in the biz for 20 years this August. I have to say that you are NOT going to be able to get started for $600. I can think of at least 20-30 things you will need to even start. The "screen printing unit" is only the beginning. My guess is that you will need at least $600 in just chemicals to start your shop. Here is great site for a straight forward approach to getting started. Click on "how to screen print" on the left navigation and then on "Supplies needed to start printing" I haven't even mentioned the technical information or the learning curve. I would start slowly buying the supplies and equipment using the profits from your current situation. Start experimenting in your garage with no mission critical jobs. After you read about the supplies explore the other topics (mesh tips, Emulsion tips, and frame tips) and you will start to understand what I'm trying to get across. It's not impossible, not even close. But it’s no walk in the park either. If you have technical questions as you go I will be happy to throw you my direct number and private e-mail.

Old May 12th, 2006 May 12, 2006 9:02:47 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: omar

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplej
I have been in the biz for 20 years this August. I have to say that you are NOT going to be able to get started for $600.
hmm, that's strange, because for $480, I got a single screen press, three inks, two screens, all my supplies and chemicals, AND 40 black hanes t-shirts. I learned how to use it within a matter of two weeks and began selling after, so I don't know what's considered getting started in your opinion. now i'm not filling up cases of t-shirts weekly, but for that price, I'm able to make one color shirts and buy chemicals as need from profits. For someone who doesn't know what they want, why would they dish out a ton of cash if it's not what they want/need?
my advice: If you're just experementing, DO NOT spend a lot of money. (especially $600 just for chemicals). that's rediculous.

Old May 14th, 2006 May 14, 2006 1:19:57 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

Smile Re: Screen Printing Kit????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusBlindfold
that's strange, because for $480, I got a single screen press
Single screen meaning one station? So you can't do multi color runs? I guess we "do" have a different idea of what starting up means. As I said...Those were my two cents...take it or leave it

Old May 15th, 2006 May 15, 2006 7:26:40 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I am definately looking at doing muli-color jobs. One color, one station wouldn't really work for me. I realize I am just starting out and pretty unsure of what I need, but I do know I am going to jump right in. I have a huge space in the back of my store the the equipment. I appreciate everything everyone has said. I was really looking to find out if one brand or company is better then another? I'm looking to purchase soon. Thanks again to everyone.

This is a discussion about Screen Printing Kit???? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in