how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2012 Apr 20, 2012 9:18:36 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Cam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink?

How do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? I am using a lighter color as the first ink layer and a top black ink layer is covering sections of the buttom. I get shadow immage wher the images overlap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2012 Apr 20, 2012 9:24:32 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink?

What are you printing, give more info to help.

Old April 20th, 2012 Apr 20, 2012 9:40:24 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Cam

Default Re: how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink?

I'm printing a yellow swirl with water base ink and a silhouette of a person in black on top. using 110 screen.

Old April 20th, 2012 Apr 20, 2012 11:34:27 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Richie Rich
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greattees411
How do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? I am using a lighter color as the first ink layer and a top black ink layer is covering sections of the buttom. I get shadow immage wher the images overlap.
I assume you are printing 2 colours, right?

When you print off your positives onto a transparent film, if you put the 2 images on top of each other, do they overlap?

I think that you need to separate the artwork into spot channels, so that there is only ever only 1 ink colour printed in 1 area.

Try looking at this tutorial by @MentinkiZM

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphic...lp/t55585.html

and see if it helps your problem. If it does......give him a "thanks"

Or are you trying to cover a colour with a black outline? If so, maybe print the black, then flash it and then print the black again to give it a solid print

EDIT: just saw you are waterbased - ignore me completely. Except for the bit about spot colour separation
Richie

This is a discussion about how do I stop the button ink from showing through the sections where the top layer of ink cover the button layer of ink? that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in