T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing

Screen Printing Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of screen printing. Inks, speciality printing, print locations, durability, etc.

general question about printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2005 May 5, 2005 10:12:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default general question about printing

(I posted this message in the "heat press" forum too, because I wasn't sure where it belongs)

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a general question about printing. I have a vintage t-shirt iron-on that I would like put on a t-shirt. The iron-on is in excellent shape but it is probably more than 10 years old. Do you think this will transfer okay to a t-shirt, even if I have it done professionally? Can anyone tell me the best way to get this iron-on onto a shirt? I am worried that if I try to iron it on myself, I will ruin it. I really love this iron-on and want to get it on a shirt.

I called a printing company and the lady told me that it wouldn't transfer very well because it's old. It looks to be in great shape, though. I thought someone on this forum would have an opnion. Thanks for your help!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2005 May 12, 2005 11:28:09 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

Default Re: general question about printing

My suggestion would be to spend 10 bucks on some iron on transfer paper at Office Depot or someplace that sells the stuff. Scan your image and print it to the newer transfer paper. I agree with the lady that you called. I think the older paper will disintegrate even with a professional quality heat press. This way you and your iron could play with the design without ruining the original.

Old May 16th, 2005 May 16, 2005 12:29:06 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

What would cause the paper to disintegrate? I will try what you are saying. Other people have told me the same thing. It's just that the iron-on has a lot of neat glitter colors. Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2005 May 18, 2005 10:42:29 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangl
What would cause the paper to disintegrate? I will try what you are saying. Other people have told me the same thing. It's just that the iron-on has a lot of neat glitter colors. Thanks.
When I'm playing with heat transfers I use 250-350 degrees with my heatpress. The level of heat and the age of the transfer just makes me nervous.

Old May 18th, 2005 May 18, 2005 12:46:53 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Once you have a copy of it, feel free to try it. It may turn out just fine; but if you like the design, definately get a good copy of it before you risk it.

This is a discussion about general question about printing that was posted in the Screen Printing section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in