Vacuum blanket - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Screen Printing Equipment
Discuss the different types of equipment needed for screen printing. Topics include manual screen printing presses, automatic presses, dryers, folding machines, starter kits and high end machines.

Vacuum blanket

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 6 Days Ago Jun 25, 2020 7:59:18 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Susan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Vacuum blanket

Hello! I replaced an old vacuum blanket on a older atlas exposure unit. I kinda feel like I didn’t leave enough slack or I have leaks as it’s not sucking it down. I just now literally took off the old seal around it and gonna put a new one. I got a roll of rv foam seal stuff at Lowe’s to put on, my question is does it go in the metal over the screws only or does it go half way on metal and half on blanket? Thank you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E6FE2659-4D32-4719-80BA-938E7F18177C_1593143949868.jpeg (831.8 KB, 4 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago Jun 25, 2020 8:02:21 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

More pics that didn’t load right

Old 5 Days Ago Jun 26, 2020 2:21:00 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Vacuum blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusinSusan
my question is does it go in the metal over the screws only or does it go half way on metal and half on blanket?
It should go on the metal, but may have to seal the glass too

Old 4 Days Ago Jun 27, 2020 4:37:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

So on top of the screws you think? I’ve been looking at Lowe’s online for like 1-1 1/2 wide strip to kinda cover the screws and all the metal haha.. So you think ok top of screws or go thinner and maybe In front of them closer to glass? I ordered some felt tape stuff to replace the ones the glass is sitting in cause it looks pretty compacted. Seal the top of glass? Thank you so very much !! I’m lost lol!!

Old 4 Days Ago Jun 27, 2020 8:01:13 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusinSusan
So you think ok top of screws or go thinner and maybe In front of them closer to glass?
It's hard to tell from the photo what type of screws these are, or where the glass ends.
I've never seen an exposure unit that doesn't seal directly over the glass, so I did a google search and found this https://www.reddit.com/r/SCREENPRINT...eeling_off_on/
Looks like you have the same type. There is no easy fix for this. I'd probably modify the frame, making it wider so I can use a regular seal.

Last edited by TABOB; 3 Days Ago at 02:24 PM..

Old 3 Days Ago Jun 28, 2020 12:07:16 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Hero

seal then metal. slack or not it will form itself. when it goes bad do it all over again. you've reached a level many fear or are not willing to learn to do. well done

Old 3 Days Ago Jun 29, 2020 11:06:55 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Sorry for the bad pics here’s more. The screws are the are hex head so they protrude a bit. I guess I could switch them all out with the pan head? When you guys say seal the glass would the felt be sufficient or I need to do like a bead of silicone around it? If that’s so I assume I have to scrape the caulk off to change A lightbulb or anything? Second if I put the stripping over the rubber and metal where yellow square is do you think it would pull on the stripping when the blanket gets tight? Thank you all for the help, this thing is driving me nuts lol!

Old 2 Days Ago Jun 29, 2020 1:44:30 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

The point is to make something that will last more than a couple of times. As shown in the link I've already posted, these have a moulded seal over the blanket. Probably dome on purpose to make repairs difficult.

I can think a number of alternative ways to fix this, but none of them is quick and easy.

How about sticking the seal directly on the glass? This should work, as it would seal when the blanket is lowered on top of it.

Old 2 Days Ago Jun 29, 2020 9:28:59 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Gotcha, well I’m game for fixing it to work right in the long run. Dont need quick and easy 🙂 so whatever you got for an idea is welcome! I was thinking about getting another piece of the neoprene rubber (Taking the other off) and wrapping it up top on the frame? Use the metal strips to attach to top? And maybe fill the holes with sealant of some sort. I’ll seal the glass as well as you suggested. Actually as I just thought about it that probably wouldn’t work wrapping it cause the hinges on the back. Well there went that lol! I did get some pan head screws they won’t stick out as much as the hex head.

Old 2 Days Ago Jun 29, 2020 11:04:15 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

How about raising the glass so it can seal directly with the blanket?
This should work.

This is a discussion about Vacuum blanket that was posted in the Screen Printing Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in