Additional Lighting for exposure - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Screen Printing Equipment
Discuss the different types of equipment needed for screen printing. Topics include manual screen printing presses, automatic presses, dryers, folding machines, starter kits and high end machines.

Additional Lighting for exposure

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 11th, 2019 Apr 11, 2019 12:11:57 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Additional Lighting for exposure

3 Times trying to burn a screen has been a failure. Each time my screen will wash off beautifully, But will blow out only at the bottom portion. I think my light 500 wt is not actually burning the whole area. I added another 500 wt light to the unit to cover the entire area.

1. question do you think the problem is coverage by the single light ?

2. How will the additional 500 wt effect burning time? I was doing 5 minutes with the single bulb

3. Is underexposed make it harder for clean the screen ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2019 Apr 17, 2019 6:18:07 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Additional Lighting for exposure

Buy a real exposure unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old April 19th, 2019 Apr 19, 2019 10:32:13 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Additional Lighting for exposure

Either as you said the issue is with the light or you apply emulsion unequally (its thicker on the bottom). I started with a homemade exposure unit. It was working perfectly, took a bit longer (4-7min range) than professional powerful exposure units, but very reliable. therefore, either you have to build a better one, but one, but first make sure you apply emulsion uniformly everywhere. Hope this helps.

This is a discussion about Additional Lighting for exposure that was posted in the Screen Printing Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in