Best 4/4 or 6/4 manual press for an entry level printer - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Screen Printing Equipment
Discuss the different types of equipment needed for screen printing. Topics include manual screen printing presses, automatic presses, dryers, folding machines, starter kits and high end machines.

Best 4/4 or 6/4 manual press for an entry level printer

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 2nd, 2014 Sep 2, 2014 12:39:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Best 4/4 or 6/4 manual press for an entry level printer

Hi, I am relatively new to the screen printing industry and have only been printing on my own at home for a few months. I learned how to print at school on a Vastex 2000hd and really really liked it. My price range is not that high though unless I can find one used. I was wondering what people thought was the best printer for someone who wants to grow their business and get better and better at printing. Anything is better than the kicker 4x4 printer I am on now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2014 Sep 2, 2014 4:42:11 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,475 Posts

Default Re: Best 4/4 or 6/4 manual press for an entry level printer

M&R Kuzer is around $3000, 6/4 side clamps. has low profile platens, I can fit youth md-adult sizes on the M&R. The vastex is a tight squeeze for youth large and stretches more then a youth small on my M&R. I have the sidewinder but had the Kruzer been available I would have bought it. I have a sidewinder 6/6 with rear clamps for the same money as the Kruzer.

Old September 14th, 2014 Sep 14, 2014 10:27:27 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Can't speak to other brands, only for Vastex. I love my Vastex 2000HD and I don't know about the other presses like I said, but with the Vastex you can buy a 2000HD one station, one color bench top model = the lowest config'd 2000HD available, and over time build it out to a floor standing 10/10.

I purchased the 2000HD in a 4 color/ 2 station config and just recently ordered two more platen arms. I mostly do 1 or 2 color prints. But I can and will eventually build it out to an 8/6 at least when I move into a bigger space. Which will hopefully be really soon.

Old September 14th, 2014 Sep 14, 2014 10:45:28 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Have used M & R and loved them. Long time ago I used a Workhorse and it was very good as well

Old September 14th, 2014 Sep 14, 2014 11:55:09 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Do you really need a 4-station press? RH makes one and two station presses that cost around $1100 and $1500 new (the jr model, you need to provide your own table/stand for the press). For around $500 Ryonet has a 4/1 press that is probably the best bang for the buck at the entry level.

If those won't cut it for you, then having the patience for the right piece of used equipment to come along is the only affordable alternative.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 5:24:22 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

bwm Hopkins starting line press. Is what I would buy. Or the Riley Jr.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:37:33 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Que
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just brought a new riley hopkins 4 color 2 station press. it all depends on how many colors you are doing all the time. I was go get the 4station 6 color press but the guy was like how many colors are you doing now. I barley do 2 colors but at lease I do have the 4 color capability to do 4. if I run into more than I will than made enought money to upgrade .

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 6:53:42 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I will be buying the BWM/HOPKINS startingline 6/4 I been looking at the JR model but I think for just a little more money I can get what I think is a better press but let me know how you like the JR I might buy the JR but Ryonet was being pricks the other day. So they might loos all my business. If they didn't own Riley Hopkins presses. They would loose all my business. But I think I will be getting the BWM/HOPKINS from Mclogan Supply

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 7:34:08 PM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCT
I will be buying the BWM/HOPKINS startingline 6/4 I been looking at the JR model but I think for just a little more money I can get what I think is a better press but let me know how you like the JR I might buy the JR but Ryonet was being pricks the other day. So they might loos all my business. If they didn't own Riley Hopkins presses. They would loose all my business. But I think I will be getting the BWM/HOPKINS from Mclogan Supply

They are becoming very cocky and have forgotten all the people that helped then to where they are today. The riley jr is well ok, got my hands on one last week. The BMW/Hopkins is a much better choice. Getting a 6 color now even if only doing 1-2 color jobs you can leave 6-1color jobs or 3-2color jobs on press or a mix of jobs. I don't know how many times I've gotten a call, hey can we get 1 or 12 more shirt calls within a day or 2 after printing. I'll leave the last few jobs on as long as I can.
maykelcj likes this.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 7:44:46 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
They are becoming very cocky and have forgotten all the people that helped then to where they are today. The riley jr is well ok, got my hands on one last week. The BMW/Hopkins is a much better choice. Getting a 6 color now even if only doing 1-2 color jobs you can leave 6-1color jobs or 3-2color jobs on press or a mix of jobs. I don't know how many times I've gotten a call, hey can we get 1 or 12 more shirt calls within a day or 2 after printing. I'll leave the last few jobs on as long as I can.
Yeah they are I sent a shirt I think it was last yea when Ryan was going to "wear your shirt" They never did they donated it. but they wear the big companies shirts.But the small garage shops like us build companies like that but they are getting very cocky!! and they lost my business. Mclogan supply and Catspit has my business. Anthem is cool guys too. But I think the BWM presses are better too. After Ryonet got Riley Hopkins they changed the press. And the base looks a lot like BWM. And the Convertible model is way better the Riley WIN for the same price!

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 8:23:14 PM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Plus the fact in several videos they have I can positively show lies they are publishing just to sell product. I have named them Lionet. Sick of all the bs they are spreading.

Old November 20th, 2014 Nov 20, 2014 7:55:12 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

We have used Vastex 2000HD and M&R equipment. Vastex makes heavy duty and quality products, they're just a much smaller company than M&R. We've had great customer service and tecnical assistance from Vastex when we've needed it and the equipment has no issues. We highly recommend Vastex manual presses and we may have a 6-color 4-station press available early next year as we grow into our automatic press

Old November 22nd, 2014 Nov 22, 2014 9:26:54 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sben763
Plus the fact in several videos they have I can positively show lies they are publishing just to sell product. I have named them Lionet. Sick of all the bs they are spreading.
Haaaa-haaaa-haaa!!!! Lieonet??

Guess I should be careful what I say. I don't want to be

"Lie-geron".

Yeah, I've watched a few videos. Some straight, good

info. Some too 'sales-pitchey'. I'm wary of folk who do

info videos and sell merchandise/product.

Best to talk to real users and test drive first hand.
PatWibble likes this.

Old November 23rd, 2014 Nov 23, 2014 6:47:19 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brandt

Do you need something brand new? My used Rototex 6/4 was less than a new 4/1 tabletop setup. Check local Craigslist listings or call local shops and ask of they have anything for sale.

Sent from my SM-N900T using T-Shirt Forums

Old November 23rd, 2014 Nov 23, 2014 9:10:13 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Andy
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Ha-ha! Lionet! I LIKE IT!

I've said my share about them in the past and I still stand by it. Always will.

I would NEVER, go to them for a major purchase like a press or conveyor. NEVER. I don't even want to go to them for general supplies. Just weird stuff going on there to me.

Having said that though, I do buy their Green Galaxy WB white ink. It's pretty good. I've posted my thoughts on the ink, and my feelings on what is going on there with it, in other posts here, so I won't go into it. But it is a good WB ink for hoodies.

Having said that, they just expanded the color line of the GG WB line, and none of them are high opacity inks? That is a real head scratcher right there to me.

Dunno though, but again, I would implore anybody to go elsewhere for a major purchase like a press, conveyor, etc.

This is a discussion about Best 4/4 or 6/4 manual press for an entry level printer that was posted in the Screen Printing Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in