4 color 1 station Screen Printing Press Help - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Screen Printing Equipment
Discuss the different types of equipment needed for screen printing. Topics include manual screen printing presses, automatic presses, dryers, folding machines, starter kits and high end machines.

4 color 1 station Screen Printing Press Help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 6:42:24 AM -   #1 (permalink)
P4P
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default 4 color 1 station Screen Printing Press Help

I run a small non profit charity and for a few years we have been printing our own single color shirts on a homemade DIY press to save some money or hiring a printer to do our larger runs we need. Over the last month or so we have decided to expand our t-shirt line to include designs with more colors and are looking to purchase a low cost 4 color press as money is always tight.

I searched and found this 4 Color 1 Station Screen Printing Press Four Machine Equipment The Springer SP | eBay on ebay but am unable to find any reviews or info on it and was wondering if anyone has any input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 6:48:02 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matthew

Default Re: 4 color 1 station Screen Printing Press Help

You get what you pay for. Atleast it uses springs on the arms instead of magnets lol. You will wish you had micros. I have an oddysey 4 color that I purchased used as part of a package. I really like It. I will soon upgrade to a 6-6 using the 4 arms from my current machine.

Sent from my LTEvo.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 6:59:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
P4P
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I agree with the you get what you pay for approach, I was just unable to find anything good, bad, or indifferent in reviews about it. I was looking at the Silver Press from Ryonet which I can get Micros for

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 7:10:44 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matthew

I would look at the most expensive manuals you can get and the one for $300 side by side. Most of the differences will be obvious. The less obvious will be weld quality, all the tolerances will be tighter, better materials, ext, ect. On the other hand, my dad would always remind me that no matter how nice of a racket I bought, he would still whoop my *** anyday with his old wooden one(on the court ofcourse). The only other person besides myself that uses my press doesn't even use the micros, old school I guess.

Sent from my LTEvo.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 7:57:14 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You dont need micros. Yes if they are good ones they are nice to have. Your talking about the silver press (which I have) don't waste your money on the micros. By the time you have spent $800 you could probably find a good used 4c/4s for just a bit more.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 8:19:31 AM -   #6 (permalink)
P4P
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

mmonk, how do you like the silver press? Pros? Cons?

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 8:31:33 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mikel
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

My silver 4/2 is exactly what I needed. I don't have the micros and I register and hold reg just fine. Well made sturdy and a good price for the budget minded. Free shipping on it. Bonus. Pays for itself really quickly. It's well thought out.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 11:46:51 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What Mikel said. I have 4/1...I got it used for like $150 bucks. The pros are as Mikel said above. I have no complaints. I hold reg very well. I only do 4 color spot obviously. But havent had registration problems like some do. the one thing I would change is that I would get the 2 station upgrade. with plastisols it helped speed production. But I would like the 2nd station because I am now getting into water based inks and 1 platen gets 2 hot and slows down production, which is OK except my inks keep drying in screen on me. now most of that is on multi color H2O jobs but I dont have a conveyor and cure on my heat press...till tax refund comes in...lol.

I need the dryer more than a new press so I may just do the 2 station upgrade.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 11:52:08 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Sean

Go for more stations, we started with a 6color 4 station sounds like for what your doing you should buy a entry level press that you can grow into, or maybe one that will grow with you, there's presses you can buy that will allow you to add colors/stations in the future. I like our Riley Hopkins starting line 6/4 manual press we got 9 years ago its still a champ, it has printed 1,000's upon 1,000's of tshirts and we just upgraded to an automatic after 9 years of printing manually. Hopkins isn't dirt cheap but they are definitely affordable cheaper than some others

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 1:31:02 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mikel
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Yes. At minimum two stAtions? My heart dies a little thinking about working with one station.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 1:34:00 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hahaha yeah 1 station would suck, as if screenprinting big runs on a manual wasn't slow and boring enough as it is, to be limited to 1 station would really drag.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 1:46:31 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

The best advise I can give you is don't get in a rush to buy something that your going to out grow quickly. Do a fund raiser or just save your money until you can afford to spend enough to get a press with more than 1 station, you won't regret buying a press with more stations I guarantee it. Having more stations means you don't stop production while flashing you will be printing the next shirt, and the next shirt and so on while your flahing your colors probably doubling your output. If it were me I'd go 6 color with 4 colors you can only do process prints on white, if you have 6 colors u can use 5 of the 6 colors for process prints on dark colors. You would have (1) white underbase (2) cyan (3) magenta (4) yellow (5) black not necessarily in that order but you get the idea 4 color process on dark colors 90% of the time is gonna require 5 colors. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it forcing you to abandon your operation to have someone else print a job that your press will not allow you to print.

Old February 5th, 2013 Feb 5, 2013 2:04:37 PM -   #13 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Thanked 1,585 Times in 1,471 Posts

Look here on classifieds, digitsmith, google screen printing classifieds. You can find some nice used press that will be light years ahead of that press.

The silver press is a nice press but I out grew it very fast I had a 6/2 I know you said you were a non profit but with a 4/4 you can do your own larger runs. I've seen some nice 4/4 listed at $500 so usually their willing to take less and if you find the right company the may be willing to donate in exchange for a receipt.

Old February 6th, 2013 Feb 6, 2013 4:26:49 AM -   #14 (permalink)
P4P
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You all bring up great points, I will definitely look into more than one station, I hadn't thought about slowing the process down with flashing and over heating.

Thank you all for the advice, we aren't in a huge rush to purchase one so we will definitely be scouring classifieds to purchase a press that we can expand or grown into.

Old February 6th, 2013 Feb 6, 2013 7:57:03 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Good luck to you.

This is a discussion about 4 color 1 station Screen Printing Press Help that was posted in the Screen Printing Equipment section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in