SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Sawgrass
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Sawgrass series of DTG printers.

SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 7th, 2018 Nov 7, 2018 4:41:11 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: NK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink

Hello - I just purchased a SG400 used that has original ink cartridges. This was advertised and sold as a "Sublimation" printer but after trying mug after mug found out that the printer has Chromablast HD for COTTON and not sublimation inks.

That said, I need to do sublimation - Can I just buy sublimation cartridges for this and start sublimation. If so, what is the best way to remove all ink in the system. ANy help greatly appreciated as I need to get mugs done ASAP! Thanks much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2018 Nov 7, 2018 5:13:32 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mad Scientist
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink

You'll need to flush the lines with cleaning solution cartridges before switching over to sublimation ink. Sawgrass or a Swagrass dealer should be able to get you the cleaning solution and procedures.

Old November 7th, 2018 Nov 7, 2018 7:06:34 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,112 Posts

Yes. And you can only make the switch one time. Suggest contacting Sawgrass support for assistance.

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 7:36:17 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thanks so much! I will contact Sawgrass ASAP!

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 7:37:11 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you - I hoped this would be possible and will contact Sawgrass right away.

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 8:23:07 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Well I called Sawgrass and they do not offer any cleaning solution or cartridges and really are no help with this. Sounds like customer service thought there were cartridges and solution when left on hold so perhaps they just stopped offering this.

Only direction they pointed me was to buy NEW sublimation ink cartridges, replace the old cotton chromablast HD (this is a new printer still on first set of ink cartridges) and start printing full color sheets. They thought I would probably burn through a entire set of new cartridges and then still won't guarantee that i will be free of residual that may impact printing...

Very disappointing and now have to weigh my options with ink costs... honestly makes me want to go AWAY from sawgrass ink completely and purchase a good quality but lower cost ink - any suggestions?

Would need to give Sawgrass a thumbs down given this is almost a new printer and was ready to purchase their ink and paper as well.

Old November 8th, 2018 Nov 8, 2018 3:21:55 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I tried Sawgrass and they aren't able to help me.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Nov 18, 2019 9:22:28 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: carolynn

I'm in same situation as you and I'm just wondering if you ever found a solution to the problem, converting SG400 to sublimation?

Old 3 Weeks Ago Nov 18, 2019 9:35:51 AM -   #9 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,112 Posts

I am contacting Sawgrass on your behalf and will let you know the results.

The Following User Says Thank You to proworlded For This Useful Post:
classyhair1 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago Dec 10, 2019 12:15:35 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Ivie

Post Re: SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink

I am having the same issue, actually took me months to figure out what was going wrong with my sublimation printer. Wrong ink and paper. Seriously makes me hate sawgrass. They should be a little more transparent on this. They told me to buy a second printer. I was like HELL NO. I am going with epson. What good is chromablast even for really. Totally waste of my money and tons of substrate, time and so frustrating!

If anyone has a way to "flush out lines, please post here. would love to know before throwing that piece of garbage where it belongs. In the garbage.

Thank everyone.

rant over.

This is a discussion about SG400 SWITCH Chromoblast HD Cotton Ink to Sublijet Sublimation Ink that was posted in the Sawgrass section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in