[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Convert to DuPont ink - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Sawgrass
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Sawgrass series of DTG printers.

[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Convert to DuPont ink

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 9th, 2013 Feb 9, 2013 5:07:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Ben
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Convert to DuPont ink

I have recently been given a Direct Advantage machine that has not been used in a while. The machine seems to work mechanically and am about to change out the print head in order to get the printer completely up and running.

I am running out of the sawgrass naturalink and am considering a change to DuPonts ink.

Has anybody tried this? If so, feedback would be appreciated.

BG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2013 Feb 9, 2013 5:39:51 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Default Re: Convert to DuPont ink

If you plan on keeping it CMYK only then I suggest the Sawgrass ink. I have a DTG, Tjet3, that I have running Sawgrass. Prints wash better. It seems they have a bit of dye sub ink in there, colors stay brighter, cure temp is higher 385 for 25 sec. It would like 400 but the cotton scorches. If you go to dupont it will be 335-350 for 1 min. So production speed. How about cost well buying either in carts is expensive. But Sawgrass really takes you the cleaners. However the Natralink was available in bulk at a much lower price. You can buy refillable carts from inkjetcarts. Com. Refill your own same with dupont. If you decide to swap out 4 to white then stick with sealed carts on white. If it has been sitting for a while you probably need head, capping station, lines, and dampers.
Dupont ink has better pricing, a lot more competition!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

Old February 9th, 2013 Feb 9, 2013 6:42:00 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgphoto100
I have recently been given a Direct Advantage machine that has not been used in a while. The machine seems to work mechanically and am about to change out the print head in order to get the printer completely up and running.

I am running out of the sawgrass naturalink and am considering a change to DuPonts ink.

Has anybody tried this? If so, feedback would be appreciated.

BG

You can switch out your ink. However, you have to keep in mind that the RIP software that came with the printer was probably color profiled to the Sawgrass ink. If you switch to another ink brand you may find that the color output of your prints may be different.

Harry

Old February 9th, 2013 Feb 9, 2013 6:56:37 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

True Harry. But in the past they did not use a true rip. Just a print driver on steroids. When I switched mine from dupont to Sawgrass I did not have much of a color issue, if any. But I was using a true Rip and adobe rgb setting seemed to work. Obviously if you want to add white capability to it you need a good rip and I am not sure of the Sawgrass capability with white ink. In that case use dupont for both. My suggestion is stick with dual cmyk!

This is a discussion about Convert to DuPont ink that was posted in the Sawgrass section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in