[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work part ti - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Sawgrass
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Sawgrass series of DTG printers.

[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work part ti

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 26th, 2011 Oct 26, 2011 10:06:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work part ti

I was sold a white ink printer that wont print white ink. I have been lied to by sawgrass tech support many times. Have you had the same experience too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2012 Jan 26, 2012 4:14:21 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work par

I cannot tolerate the Sawgrass company. I absolutely feel deceived both by Sawgrass AND their co-horts, Digital Arts.
The DA was a complete rip off. We sent the thing back to South Carolina for repairs only 6 months after it was fitted for the white. It lasted another 2 years, with minimum use. The monster is now sitting on our counter, I am unable to fix it myself and they won't send the parts they say I need.
Their "customer service" is crap, their machines are crap and I will never ever ever work with them again.
I wish I could get the weasels from Digital Arts out of my shop, as well, but my partner likes the software.
I registered for this site, just to share in your misery.
I wonder, have you moved on? What do you use, now?

Old January 27th, 2012 Jan 27, 2012 6:41:49 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tom

Default Re: Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work par

I have the same feelings toward Sawgrass….They will give you the run around. With that said, you don’t have to get you DA parts from Sawgrass. If you really want to fix your DA, I can get you to the companies that will sell you anything you need to fix your DA. I can also give you all the tech support you need to fix it. Because of all the short comings of the DA, I have a lot of experience fixing DA’s and I am free of charge.
I have moved on!! I use a Brother 541 with Brother ink and will never go back to a Epson print engine again. One of the things I don’t like about the Epson is the print head nozzles are so small “3.5 Pico liter to 5pl, compared to brothers 45pl to 50pl that’s 10X bigger than the Epson” so the viscosity of the ink has to be much thinner for the Epson stuff. Thin ink is not as opaque as the brother’s and does not cover as well.
With all the new printers coming out you can pick up a used Brother on eBay at a good price. There is usually many to choose from. Soon after all hype over the new brother is over. I will be looking for Brothers new graffitee DTG.

Old January 27th, 2012 Jan 27, 2012 4:09:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

We would very much like to purchase the new Grafitee machine or whatever they're calling it, but we cannot track one down to see it. We cannot afford to close up shop and go half way round the world, missing kids' games and losing biz, just to make a huge purchase, and Brother doesn't seem to have one of these set up anywhere.
We need to move on from the 250lb paperweight, (DA), and are turning away business until we find the new DTG from Brother. We need to see it for ourselves before making another purchase.
I think the distribution and sales and service of these machines is an archaic and outdated system.
Sign me,
FRUSTRATED!!!

Old January 27th, 2012 Jan 27, 2012 5:44:32 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

ZiSissy,

Where are you located? USA or another country?

One thing to know about the new Brother GT printers is they will not arrive in the USA till the end of March. So the only place to see the printers are at the upcoming trade shows. Just did Long Beach. There is a show in CT next week. Two weeks later in Orlando, FL. Three weeks later in Atlantic City, NJ. Once the distributors get their demo printers, then the availability to see one will be easier.

Best wishes,

Mark

This is a discussion about Does any one feel deceived By sawgrass? By that I mean selling white ink printers that wont print white inks?? And or dual cymk that only work part ti that was posted in the Sawgrass section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in