[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Sawgrass
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Sawgrass series of DTG printers.

[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2011 Jun 4, 2011 7:55:54 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing

Anyone in this forum using Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2011 Jun 5, 2011 4:36:29 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing

Bora,

This printer has not been sold for at least two years and only a smalll % of them were ever sold with white ink. It is my understanding that Sawgrass does not support this printer any more. Not even sure if Sawgrass still makes the white ink for this printer either. You might want to look at another dtg printer at the upcoming NBM Indy Show (The NBM Show |) this week.

Good luck with your research.

Mark

Old June 5th, 2011 Jun 5, 2011 8:01:16 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGuide
Bora,

This printer has not been sold for at least two years and only a smalll % of them were ever sold with white ink. It is my understanding that Sawgrass does not support this printer any more. Not even sure if Sawgrass still makes the white ink for this printer either. You might want to look at another dtg printer at the upcoming NBM Indy Show (The NBM Show |) this week.

Good luck with your research.

Mark
Thanks Mark.
I own a 2009 sawgrass DA 1.5iw (white ink with precision printing) firmware version 6.6.5, PowerRip 7.4.4N , but never been used. It got cleaning solution cartridges in it.
I just wanted to be touch with people who experienced with this printer before I start using it. Nobody is talking about it in this forum and if you google it, almost nothing will come up. It has been removed from Sawgrass website, Signwarehouse, Barudan, Digital Art Solution etc... wondering what's reallty happened...

Old June 5th, 2011 Jun 5, 2011 9:40:02 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Well, the last company selling the Direct Advantage was Digital Art Solutions, but they refused to sell the white ink version because of the patent issues with Kornit. They might be able to help you out if you just want to run it Dual CMYK as they sell the Sawgrass CMYK ink only - no white ink. You could talk to them at the show as they will be there.

I know the two main Sawgrass DTG tech guys are now at other companies and am not sure if anyone there has the ability to support it. Bigger issue is whether they are even making the white ink / pretreatment for that printer. Unfortunately, Sawgrass is not exhibiting at the show so you can ask them. Might try and call their tech support # to see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Mark

Old June 5th, 2011 Jun 5, 2011 10:56:48 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That really sucks. They sold a printer and will no longer support ink/ pretreatment. That is why I would never ever ever support/purchase any product where sawg*** is involved.

Last edited by stix; June 5th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: edit

Old June 6th, 2011 Jun 6, 2011 9:49:36 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Josh

I believe Digital Art Solutions still claim to sell the same basic printer, but in Dual CMYK as Mark stated. I've posted the link below, check it out to see if it is similar:

Digital Art Solutions: Direct To Garment Printing, Smart Garment Printer

Old July 8th, 2011 Jul 8, 2011 7:24:32 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It doesn't seem like sawgrass offers white ink anymore under their naturalink line: NaturaLink-E for Epson - Buy Direct to Garment Inks for Brother and Epson-based printers for less!

Old February 11th, 2017 Feb 11, 2017 6:04:39 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Lloyd

I know this post is ancient, but we were a white ink beta tester for Sawgrass and still have the DA printer... It's for sale along with every accessory made for it and all the little tweaks we came up with... we used the cleaning solution to store it... I'm retired now and trying to sell everything off, just thought I'd at least let the world know that someone was successfully using Sawgrass's white ink... And that we had pretty much worked the majority of the bugs out with 2 visits from factory reps and a ton of homework and experimenting... but it was all new and the RIP was insanely advanced... Anyway, point is you've now heard from one of the few that actually got to use the Sawgrass Direct Advantage with White Ink in all it's glory...

This is a discussion about Direct Advantage White Ink with precision printing that was posted in the Sawgrass section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in