Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Sawgrass
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future owners of the Sawgrass series of DTG printers.

Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 12:37:29 PM -   #1 (permalink)
HGE
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Orion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

Where is the encoder wheel located? This is a Epson 4800 based printer.
Thanks...!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 1:04:35 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default re: Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

It is a clear disc that will be visible when you take off the tan left-hand side cover.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevrokr For This Useful Post:
HGE (August 5th, 2010)
Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 1:38:09 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default re: Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

If you are talking about the Direct Advantage and if I remember correctly, they moved the encoder wheel to the base of that printer. Might want to check there if it is not in the usually location as Kevin mentioned above.

Best wishes,

Mark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAGuide For This Useful Post:
HGE (August 5th, 2010), kevrokr (August 5th, 2010)

Old August 5th, 2010 Aug 5, 2010 2:57:52 PM -   #4 (permalink)
HGE
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Orion

Default Re: Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

Well I think I found it, it is the clear plastic ring with numbers on it. It was in the base of the printer(Sawgrass DA Printer). I have cleaned it but it did not appear to be dirty. This did not correct the issue!
I have also cleaned and flipped the encoder strip to see if that was the problem.
Yet I keep getting the 0001001E Error everytime I print. It is not in the same place, it varies with each print. I am at a loss, this is the second time this has occured, it started a few weeks ago but when I cleaned the encoder strip and blew out all the sensors on the machine it started printing again. Now it has started again and I went throug the same process and extras this time, ie flip the encoder strip and clean the encoder wheel.
Any other ideas that might cause this?
I use the proper platten size in my programs and also have double checked this. It also occurs on all designs I try to print, it is not one paticular design.
Like I stated I am at a loss. I will be contacting Sawgrass again tomorrow but they take quite awhile to get ahold of, so I thought if anyone had any other input I'd appreciate it.
Thanks...

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 7:16:24 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Dave

Default Re: Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer

This is the exact same problem I am having right now. Did you ever get this resolved and if so what did you do?

This is a discussion about Encoder Wheel Location on an Epson 4800 based printer that was posted in the Sawgrass section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in