[Anajet] Waste Ink count reset? Will not Initialize. Help! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Waste Ink count reset? Will not Initialize. Help!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2009 Sep 6, 2009 4:02:31 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Waste Ink count reset? Will not Initialize. Help!

I've downloaded the Epson Adjust program to perform the Waste Ink count reset, but when choosing the "Initialization" button, the progress bar doesn't come up. If I choose "Get Status", it gives an error that says "Communication error occurred. Check the I/F cable connection and power of printer."

It appears that the computer isn't detecting the Anajet, but we've tried powering on/off the printer, removing the usb cable, removing the power cable, etc. Each time the Initialization button does nothing.

Anyone run into this? Please help!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 6:25:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Waste Ink count reset? Will not Initialize. Help!

Are you running a Vista computer? If so, you need to make sure that the Adjustment wizard is setup to run on Vista. BobbieLee just made a post within the last week under the dtg area that explains how to do this. This is the most common problem with the results you are describing.

If you are running an XP system, then you might just want to double check that the cord is plugged in properly. In rare cases, you could have an issue with your computer not recognizing the port.

Just some things to consider. Best wishes,

Mark

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 10:28:16 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yea we were actually thinking it may be some problem with vista but weren't entirley sure. I have been looking for that post you were talking about but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas what it was called or when it was posted.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 10:33:20 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Let me look for the post where I give instructions on how to change your operating platform on vista. It sounds like this could be your problem due to you getting the communications error.

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 10:38:06 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

That would be AWESOME!!! Thanks! : )

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 10:40:13 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Ok you want to go into your programs in your C drive, or where ever you have your maintenance program installed. Look for the folder for the program (mine has a little wrench icon, not sure about yours) and right click on the folder, select run as administrator.
Then go back to that same folder right click, and click on Properties, then click Compatibility.
Once you have that window open on the windows platform dropdown menu, select Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Once you have changed this setting, restart your computer and your machine. Then try your maintenance program again. If this is the problem, it should work now

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 11:19:04 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank You, Thank You, 1000 X Thank You! It worked! Now we don't have to listen to that awful beeping anymore. : )

Old September 7th, 2009 Sep 7, 2009 11:28:03 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Yay I am so glad it worked I was not sure since I have not ever heard of it on the Anajet, but apparently it has the same issues Good thing for you huh haha

Old September 8th, 2009 Sep 8, 2009 8:34:43 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yea we were stressing about it for a while there...we are still pretty new to using the anajet so we really appreciate your help!

well since you seem to know a whole lot about the anajet I was wondering if you might know what to do in this other situation we are having? When doing a nozzle check the yellow ink isn't coming out at all. We did printhead cleans, ink charge, printhead purge and nothing is really making it better. any ideas?

Old September 8th, 2009 Sep 8, 2009 10:38:46 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Two things can be happening. The common problem is the damper (which is a small reservior directly above the print head that has a filter sponge in it) is clogged or has come unseated with the print head. I would check first to make sure that there is a good connection by pushing on the top of them first. Then you can try and put a syringe to the top of the yellow damper and see if you can suck backwards any ink (and hopefully anything that could be clogging the filter). If that does not work, it could be the damper needs to be replaced.

The other problem that arises from time-to-time with the Anajet cartridges is an air bubble gets created inside the ink bladder in the cartridge and creates back pressure preventing the ink from flowing through the print head. If you pull the yellow cartridge out, do you see the yellow ink line get air pockets? If so, you might need a new yellow cartridge.

The other thing that comes up seldom are an air leak or crack in the ink line. Hope that helps.

Mark

Old May 25th, 2010 May 25, 2010 11:23:13 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: missy

I feel so dumb--i can't find the epson waste ink pad program to load -how do i find the program-anajet told me to go to anajet.com and load it from here-

This is a discussion about Waste Ink count reset? Will not Initialize. Help! that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in