[Anajet] Anajet Sprint - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Anajet Sprint

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 22nd, 2010 Mar 22, 2010 9:53:51 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anajet Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieM
Why not buy it from the real people who make it for a lot less here.

UN-TS-M10(A2 White Ink Printing),custom t-shirts,t-shirt printing,t-shirt design,t-shirt printer,screen printing,t-shirt screen printing

Looks like they make a lot of the t shirt printers on the market in the us with just different us brand names on them.

They have lots of cool printing systems some starting at only $1500
DO YOU RESEARCH EDDIEM. Don't post false information and links to dodgy suppliers that will potentially lead people down the wrong track.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2010 Mar 22, 2010 11:38:29 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Eddie

I just chated with them for a long time over the net.
They have a new system out now they sent me this photo of it.

This cost $4500 and has a 1 year warentee cost $400 to ship to the US.
Full printing on black shirts,

They tell me they make them looking them up in the net you can find lots of websites showing a lot of their other products and good reviews.

This only makes a lot of sence the DTGs are just inkjet printers and a inkjet dose not cost all that much.

I can not see why adding a flatbed to a low cost inkjet would cost many thousands.
I am a photographer as well and have run many photo printers way back from the first epson inkjets and a good 13 in wide printer with pigment inks only cost in the 4 to $600 range.
How much can it really cost to turn one into a DTG printer not $20,000 they might have $200 in parts at the most.
I think it is just a matter of time till Epson comes out with one for around $3000 that will put all the other to shame just for the price.

Look at the most high end Epsons they do not come close to the price people are selling Epson fitted DTG printers for.

you can buy a Epson 3880 for 17 inch wide prints for only $1300. Or a 24 wide for $2900 so why would a DTG verson cost so much.. it should not.
Epson also already sells a printer that uses HDR White Ink. All they need to do is make a flat bed version for t shirts and the game is over for all the DTG printer sellers.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 12:15:47 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Go and buy it. Don't listen to us. Post back when you receive it and have it running.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 4:15:48 AM -   #34 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

EddieM, there are so many warning signs about this. We sell Direct to Garment machines and I can tell you, when done right, they cost a lot more than you can imagine. There are so many custom parts that cost hundreds of dollars that go above and beyond a typical Epson printer. In addition, you are paying for support, those costs are built into the overall price. If companies started to drop their prices, there would not be margins for support. Taking phone calls still requires people to be paid. Parts that are under warranty still have to be paid for by someone.

This company has already proved itself shady and there have been many complaints with purchases being made and the equipment is junk and doesn't work. If this is a 13" wide printer, even the picture of the person wearing the shirt has an image much much larger than that. The printer looks like a badly done Photoshop file, the printer sitting on top of the structure isn't even dimensionally correct, and if it is, then it's a very flawed design.

If you feel you must buy this machine to "save" money, my suggestion to you is, when you get burned, swallow your pride and come back on here and warn people of your terrible experience. I am not saying this because we sell printers, the reality is, if you are blinded enough to believe $4500 will get you a working printer from a company known for it's shady products, I know you would never buy one from me. So my effort here is not to sell you a printer, but to save you $4500. You would have better success with DIY.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 6:24:24 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
If this is a 13" wide printer, even the picture of the person wearing the shirt has an image much much larger than that.
The practice of showing samples that are much larger or outside of the capabilities of the machine even happens with some of the more "reputable" companies. If you look at their sales materials, some of the samples are showing larger prints than their machine is capable of, or a model will be wearing a garment that is supposedly printed on their machine. In reality the images are digitally manipulated onto the product portraying a result that is much more desirable than the real results.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevrokr For This Useful Post:
yassin_casa (April 8th, 2011)
Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 7:06:36 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I just chated with them for a long time over the net.
They have a new system out now they sent me this photo of it.

They tell me they make them looking them up in the net you can find lots of websites showing a lot of their other products and good reviews.

Ed, I have "Chatted" with them also. Ask them for a contact near you so you can go see the printer in action..... or just place an order for sample shirts from a local user. Ask them, if you can view a video of the printer in action. They claimed to have sold hundreds(thousands?) in the US, but cannot provide any people who can vouch for them. Also, they claim to be able to provide ink and supplies, but will not give specifics. This should be a big red flag for any buyer.

PS, Look at the photo. specifically the scale. the thickness of the metalwork, drilled holes, etc. and the t-shirt

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 11:12:11 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Susan

I wish somebody would have warned me 3 years ago....
Of course it sounds tempting....

If it were all true - then there should be thousands of these
machines around....

Feel free to send them your money !

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 11:29:23 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chuck

Looks to me like they printed across the shirt and not down the length as you would normaly do. If thats the case than that shirt on the platten is one large shirt. Not that you cant do it but not what you usually see in DTG printers.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 3:16:32 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I have no plans to buy any time soon.
This was just more of a asking about it ? to see what others think.
I would not spend that much on something i can not see working in person,

I do think the DTG printer are way over priced for what they are.
Even if the parts cost many hundreds and you have to cover support it still should not cost many thousands.

Epson sells printers at a fair price and offers support on them even on low cost printers.

How much can this really cost the Epson system in a big metal box with a rolling tray for the shirt and some plastic large ink tanks.

Maybe with all the hundreds in parts it might come out to $3500 and that is a lot $ in parts.
Still should not sell for the amounts they are selling for.
When you think about it you can buy a 44 inch wide full color printer with full support for less then half the cost of a DTG printer.

This is why i was saying if Epson, HP or Canon ever build one it should cost less then a 44 inch wide printer and then things will change for the good.
I could see buying 4 or 5 of them for what it cost for one now.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 4:35:54 PM -   #40 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
This is why i was saying if Epson, HP or Canon ever build one it should cost less then a 44 inch wide printer and then things will change for the good.
I could see buying 4 or 5 of them for what it cost for one now.
I am not going to saying you are wrong on this statement... as their level of manufacturing and distribution exceeds most of the dtg manufacturers. But there is also a reason why those three companies are not in the business right now. They are all aware of the technology...especially Epson, but yet they have not entered the market for some reason. One could argue that the market is not large enough for them and I would tend to agree with this. But anyone with a good business sense will know when the market is smaller, you have to recoup your R&D and thus, would need to charge more for the equipment. It is important to understand that dtg printing is still a very young decorating process. As the process matures and the ink chemistry gets better (i.e. less clogging, better washability, easier methods to apply pretreat fluid,...), I am sure that the need for a higher priced printer will decrease and other manufacturers will get into the market. But the current technology is not there yet.

Personally, I think if you spent 30 days with a dtg printer... you would come away with a completely different perception. In the time being, you are going to have your beliefs and that is fine. But I am sure that other new people would appreciate that you put comments like "I would not spend that much on something i can not see working in person" as it almost sounds like you are encouraging people to purchase from companies like the one you posted a link to that you yourself have not done business with. This forum has a lot of new people to the industry that have limited funds and even a $5,000 chance on a printer can lead to a business closing in this tough economy. I don't believe this was your intention, but everyone should be aware the effects there comments can have on people that are new and don't know the industry. In the end, I do think this thread will provide a positive message to people thinking about getting into dtg printing to do their research on the company behind the dtg printers as well.

Just some things to consider in the future.

Mark

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 7:27:03 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: mark

Quote:
How much can this really cost the Epson system in a big metal box with a rolling tray for the shirt and some plastic large ink tanks.

Maybe with all the hundreds in parts it might come out to $3500 and that is a lot $ in parts.
Still should not sell for the amounts they are selling for..
Hi EddieM
I am glad you posted the photo
If you examin it you will see it is just a bunch of metal piled up to look like a tshirt printer.
The carriage does not extend through the printer, it is two pieces, there is 1 inch drop from one side to the other, The main support beam stops half way
There is no printer inside the box, which doesn't actually fit on the frame properly either
I reckon what you see is worth about $200 the freight would be $1000,

Yes all your other arguments about Epson making a machine which would be cheap are correct, when someone orders about 100,000 (minimum build for inkjet companies) of them I am sure they will get one into the market after about 4 to 5 years and I am sure everyone will be happy to pay $500 a litre for epson ink

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 7:41:13 PM -   #42 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jerid
Thanked 1,122 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc
I am sure everyone will be happy to pay $500 a litre for epson ink
Excellent Point!

It is known that Epson sells machines for less than they cost to manufacture. They make their money in inks.

Our machine starts out as an R1800/R1900. Epson cartridges are $17 for 13ml. 1000ml / 13ml = 76.92 cartridges x $17 each = $1307.69 for what we sell for $280, and this is Epson's pigment inks which are not garment inks. Not sure how much those would cost.

Sure, you can buy it in bulk, but you are not buying it from Epson that way. So, when you claim Epson can support the printers, etc for so little money, now you know where the real money is coming from.

So, let's see, if a large size print on a tshirt cost $0.28 in ink, that is 1000 shirts for a full liter. So that same shirt would cost $1.31 in the Epson equivalent, that's over 4.6 times the cost of our inks. Looks like Epson is making money on the backend and Direct To Garment manufacturers are making it on the front end. With those prices, it wouldn't take long for Epson to make as much as dtg manufacturers and then some.

This might be why Epson most likely would never create a tshirt printer. They would be crazy to try to sell textile inks for that amount. They won't make anywhere near the money on textile ink, they would never be able to sell their machines.

Old March 23rd, 2010 Mar 23, 2010 8:24:30 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeridHill
Excellent Point!

It is known that Epson sells machines for less than they cost to manufacture. They make their money in inks..
Very good point . This is true with HP, Cannon, Lexmark. Because we as printers of shirts for clients (not personal use), the price point would be too high, if the mfg tried to use that business model on us. If one looks at any equipment (embroidery, screenprinting etc.) DTG is a little steep, but not overly so...for the amount of money that can be made.

Ian

Old March 24th, 2010 Mar 24, 2010 11:39:47 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

All points taken.

I do plan on buying a DTG printer at some point but can not justafy the price right now just for a black shirt printer.
I would have to go with a Black shirt printer the white shirt printer would not save me much $$ at all or time..

I am using Dye Sub and Vinyl right now. I love the look of Dye Sub.
We sell 90% to girls, Lady's Women and girls cotton shirts cost as much as a girls version of the Dye Sub shirt making that very close in cost when using a good girls shirt. Some even better girls cotton T shirts cost more then the Dye Sub versions.

So DTG on a good girls cotton white shirt will not save all that much or anything over using Dye Sub on a white shirt.
DTG would be a little less for each shirt only when using a lower end girls shirt but even then not much like if you are using cotton basic Ts. The cost to pay off the DTG white shirt printer system vs the dye sub is to much. If you are doing only basic white low cost Ts then DTG would be great.

For black and darker color shirts we are using vinyl right now with more basic designs.

A lot of DTG sellers list on their website how much you can make using the DTG system but that is based on using the lowest quality basic shirts. What if you want to use a better quality shirt that cost more.. Then Dye Sub can cost less on white.
When you use a higher quality lady's shirt they can cost cost 2 to 4 times as much as the basic T just for the shirt.
When you compare the cost of using cotton lady's fitted white shirts You can make a Dye Sub white lady's fitted shirt that is much better quality of a shirt and much better printing (Dye Sub) for less then using a DTG printer. The Dye Sub shirts are very nice every girl loves them we have found.
Time to produce the shirt is less then a DTG printer as well. Print the design on the paper - takes very little time with a GX7000 up to 12 1/2 wide by 18 1/2 print area and then press and your done. Could easy do two Dye Sub shirts in the time it takes to do one DTG shirt on white.

Old March 25th, 2010 Mar 25, 2010 6:22:47 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Eddie's post just shows how diverse customers can be. We used dye sub for many years before the first Tjets came out. We were using ink jet and carrier sheets on the Hanes poly/cotton T's. Most of our customers did not like how hot the garment was, and preferred the cotton fitted T's we airbrushed on.

As far as cost is concerned, the dye sub costs must have come WAYYY down in the last 5-6 years. There is no way we could print a 12 x 18 dye sub for $0.50-$0.60, which is what it would cost on a DTG using a price of $299 a liter. I am amazed that you can print that cheaply now.

As far as speed, we were using ink jet, so it was slow. Laser is obviously much faster.

This is a discussion about Anajet Sprint that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in