[Anajet] anyone have their inks sucked out without using it - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] anyone have their inks sucked out without using it

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2009 Aug 30, 2009 6:38:33 PM -   #91 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: anyone have their inks sucked out without using it

I had the same issue with my Anajet sprint. But what I do is I do not leave white ink in my system, so every time I do a white ink job I suck the white ink to the print head with a syringe, then I took a break without doing a print head clean. While I was taking a break I had created droplets on the printhead, in turn the droplets created a suction on the maintenance station, which sucked two of my white inks out. So if you were using a syringe to suck inks in, make sure you do a printhead clean immediately after.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2009 Aug 30, 2009 7:30:22 PM -   #92 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: anyone have their inks sucked out without using it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger West
Shake Rotate and the shake some more. Then head clean then ink test pattern then ink charge then we might get 4 to 5 good shirts....
I agree that this sounds like an environmental issue. I have the old machine with the new head and firm/software. I learned early on that humidity and frequency of use had an impact of ease of use. New ink (V3)and pretreatment made things much better. I'm sure that they're working on improvements, but in my experience, there is more of an issue from the ink line to the head in the damper, than the actual lines. The damper itself is the area that needs to be improved before adding a circulation system on these machines IMHO.
..... anyway, back to the topic at hand. I would check the humidity in the print area. At my location, if I can keep my humidity level above 33-35, I can print all day long, get below and I will start to see banding. The head will dry out, especially on white and on any color that has less flow on a particular design. From looking at posts, I believe that people at higher elevations need to keep their relative humidity at a higher level. Get a hygrometer and humidifier going and keep any AC, heating, fans etc away from the printer. Above all, use good printer hygiene and things should work well for you from the printing standpoint.

Ian

This is a discussion about anyone have their inks sucked out without using it that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in