[Anajet] Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5 - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5

Like Tree34Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 22nd, 2014 Nov 22, 2014 2:26:08 PM -   #91 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5

Update. While I had no problem with the white ink when I installed the cmyk I printed some photos on the shirts with settings very fine on photo mode. After the first print the printer began printing very very slow as if the print head was over heating after it finished I turned the printer off and when I turned it back on it was stuck in error service without the ability to get out of that mode regardless of what I did. Anajet attempted to help me out cleaning the encoder strip taking over my computer checking the drivers etc and ended up giving me a way to by pass it and I then had 8 lights on the board. I have a blown print head and mainboard fuse.

I would not recommend anyone that is using the Anajet sprint to use the Firebird CMYK or any other ink period. Stick to what the printer was intended to use. This has cost me to miss out on lots of sales and is a very costly repair.

After replacing the printhead with a old one that came with printer that was clogged I now have 4 lights but it is still stuck in auto maintenance mode.

I still recommend the new fire bird pre-treatment to all with epson based printers. It works good even with dupont ink.

Last edited by tchandler52; November 22nd, 2014 at 02:33 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2015 Apr 24, 2015 1:17:54 AM -   #92 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: alex
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We bought Firebird Inks last year (Jan-Feb 2014) and we had no problem for few of months. Then we decided to buy more inks and in total it cost us thousands of £££. After 6-7 months we saw drops under the print head and with the time the drops were getting bigger and bigger and eventually they ended onto the t-shirt while the mp5 it's still printing the image. Furthermore after every few prints we had to clean the print head because it builds up a lot of ink which clogs the print head. The bottom line is we had to replace 3 print heads (£1200 GBP each), a lot of waste ink and many other bottles with ink which we don't want to use it any more. So the total cost of this "experiment" is about £8000 - £10000, a lot of issues and waste of time. We have 6 years of experience with Anajet FP-125 and 2 years with MP5. When the technician came to replace the print heads he knew that we used a copy ink, because he had to replace other print heads for the same reason. Now our MP5 sits in the corner, flushed with cleaning fluid, waiting for better times. At the end of the day if you want to use FireBird inks it's up to you, but we will never use it again. Good luck, folks
luklehel likes this.

Old June 3rd, 2015 Jun 3, 2015 12:19:29 PM -   #93 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I was impressed with firebird inks when i started printing dtg on an epson based printer. It was the first ink I tried. I Liked the website and read. a bunch good reviews in these forums. Not to mention the videos were awesome.

HOWEVER...

2 printhead later i switched Dupont. Dupont white is amazing. No clogs and bright opaque prints all The time. So last weeki ran out of Dupont white and had half of 1000 ml bottle of firebird ink silk soi shook it and flushed it thru. I was nervous but figured it would just be untili can order another bottle of Dupont. Less than 10 shirts later. My printhead is gone. I have orders souring on hold anda new account thati could possibly lose due to timing.

Old June 7th, 2015 Jun 7, 2015 8:30:11 AM -   #94 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Tony

CHILLAHTEEZ, Was just curious about your comment.

Did you use the leftover "epson printhead compatible firebird ink" on MP series?
If yes, there is MP series compatible version and yes it will clog your system if you use epson based ink on Mp series.

If No, Can you tell me how long you had that white ink sitting for?

Old October 8th, 2015 Oct 8, 2015 2:55:28 PM -   #95 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i have been told firebird ink will destroy your printhead over time? from a reputable source

This is a discussion about Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5 that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in