[Anajet] Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5 - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5

Like Tree34Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 12:35:33 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5

And I see that in other post MP5hacker are bashing Image armour. So he bash two products that makes Anajet loose their sales. Fishy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 12:48:01 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalzstein
And I see that in other post MP5hacker are bashing Image armour. So he bash two products that makes Anajet loose their sales. Fishy.
Your more than welcome to call me to discuss this matter. If you want to run the firebird, go right ahead. Those Ricoh heads need dupont ink. Im have my reason why I dont just blast everything on the forum. As for the image armor, we have encountered many different issues with it. When you go through gallons and gallons a week you have time to inspect every angle of the product. We use DTGprinterparts pre-treatment now and it works great for us. One of the main reasons for not liking the pre-treat is, as soon as you treat the shirt you have to press it right away or you will have the big square stain. Also after you print the shirt you sometimes have the pre-treat square left to steam out. When doing high volume these little things can turn into a time consuming job for someone to tackle.

The Following User Says Thank You to MP5Hacker For This Useful Post:
Outlier (August 3rd, 2014)
Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 12:54:05 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

BTW,
I spend hours out of my week making sure Mpower owners get issues resolved. Ive helped out numerous people get back up and running when the Tech line had no clue how to fix issues. If you think im not on your side on this issue, think again. I could give a crap about sales on which products to buy from which company. Im telling you what my experience is and how to avoid costly mistakes.

The Following User Says Thank You to MP5Hacker For This Useful Post:
NZACO (April 23rd, 2014)

Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 1:31:49 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Ron

Exclamation Re: Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5Hacker
BTW,
I spend hours out of my week making sure Mpower owners get issues resolved. Ive helped out numerous people get back up and running when the Tech line had no clue how to fix issues.
It is good to have reliable information come from others with experience and I appreciate the effort those that have shared their knowledge. Thank you. If I have any issues with the MP5i that I run, I will definitely give you a jingle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5Hacker
Im telling you what my experience is and how to avoid costly mistakes.
...but you haven't explained your statement as to why. That's all we'd like to know.

@Smalzstein ~ I seriously doubt that Anajet is loosing any sales because of one person or statements made. If anything, they are loosing sales because their support products (ink, cleaning solutions, replacement parts, etc...) are overpriced and people are looking for alternatives.

~

If Anajet were to develop a bulk inking system for just the white, most MPx owners would jump at the product and not seek solutions elsewhere.

Later
mgondas likes this.

Old April 23rd, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 1:48:12 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Getlost. Please pm me, I will call you.

Old April 25th, 2014 Apr 25, 2014 5:43:29 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jay

OK, reporting back in on our total change to FB ink. So far, so good except that I've run into a problem and trying to narrow it down. The claims are that we can print on shirts down to 50/50 but on a recent job we didn't have good results.

We used Image Armor PT via wagner sprayer (sorry don't have an auto PT machine yet), pressed, then printed our images. We noticed that on certain areas of the logo, there was pooling of the white ink, but on the rest of the logo, the white ink laid down fine. That particular area had PT laid in the areas where it pooled...and of course when the color was laid, it looked like mixed color soup. Just guess...it didn't look better after putting it in the heat press, the color was a lot duller than it was right after printing.

So, I'm thinking, either too much PT, in the areas where the white ink pooled, even though we use a squeegee to spread evenly. IA PT is much more forgiving on 100% cotton. Because, we did a small job yesterday, using the same method, on 100% ringspun cotton, and we had great vibrant results!

So I'm not confident in the claims that we can print down to a 50/50 substrate. Pictures to come soon.

Old April 25th, 2014 Apr 25, 2014 8:50:02 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Here are the images that i promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red_blue sleeve.jpg (1,018.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg pitted white underlay.jpg (1.07 MB, 108 views)

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 2:25:22 AM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrisson
Here are the images that i promised.
FB Pretreat works better with FB inks, you might want to give it a try too if you already haven't. The pretreat is tailored to the chemical makeup of the ink.
ogrisson likes this.

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 2:55:22 AM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Oh man, I haven't been on the forums for a while because I've been so busy but I saw this can of worms. I am mid way through giving my Firebird portion of our company to one of my trusted employees that is moving with his family elsewhere and will be carrying only Epson based FB. I know he is going to do well with it. He is only going to carry the Epson based one. It just seemed like too much to handle for me right now because we are swamped and thanks for everyone for supporting us, plus being a good boss is letting your workers grow too. You always want the best for your people.

I had some competition too talking trash and telling all my customers that I don't carry DP but anyone who's dealt with us knows what we carry and our office is open to our customers to visit any time and see what we're using in their bags and bottles so to my competition I say do you offer that? I have not spent $1 on advertisement EVER so all the business we get is from word of mouth, so trash talking competitors go do your little Google adwords campaigns because we don't need them. Service should speak for itself in this market and if you aren't already known then you aren't doing a good enough job to make noise.

I take ink very seriously and unlike some competitors that have mixed ink brands to save a buck, I don't because 3 main reasons:
1. The reason I got in biz was to help others to get an honest product because my first machine I paid 40K for, opened it up from the crate and never turned on, ripped it apart and learned how the machines work and help others now when I can (sums up 8 years of my life in a short paragraph lol)

2. Mixing ink from 2 different companies is playing with fire, NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEY BOTH ARE because chemicals from one ink and the other mixed can cause a reaction in your printer.

3. My DP volume is so high I would be losing $$ to mix.

FB seems to do very well with Epson based printers and I like the way the whites come out. I have a few Epson based printers we did testing on before we carried it (about one year). CMYK's are very vibrant, 60 second cure time is a plus too. The prints look like they are screened. The quality keeps improving.

I have not tried FB on any Mpower users because I don't have an Mpower machine to test here at my office and my testing would be extensive. If I was going to bring something to market I would test for a year before giving it to a customer or selling it. The Mpower is a whole different monster and very expensive so it would be a very expensive test to do and I just didn't want to do that.

I hope it does well though because it has potential. I just can't risk giving ink to someone that I couldn't test on my machine because if it went south, I could ruin a machine, livelihood and dream in one shot. I would rather run tests on a machine I owned rather than a customers.

This would not sit well with me.

On another note, banding can occur with any ink on Mpower because it depends on who is filling the bag. The person filling needs to take out as much air as possible because its a pressure sensitive printer and doesn't like air AT ALL. It could also happen if the ink is low in the cartridge. Loss of pressure = Less vibrant prints.

Everything should be cleaned out daily too, wiper, capping station and some cleaning solution should be thrown in the capping station while running the machine daily.

Hope this clears a lot of air for everyone.

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; May 2nd, 2014 at 03:05 AM..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DTGPRINTERPARTS For This Useful Post:
HobbyPrint (May 3rd, 2014), Smalzstein (May 2nd, 2014), StangStuff (August 25th, 2014)
Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 3:54:30 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
FB Pretreat works better with FB inks, you might want to give it a try too if you already haven't. The pretreat is tailored to the chemical makeup of the ink.
I am ordering FB PT on our next order, hopefully this solves our issue even though this seems to be an isolated incident so far. I thought that the problem might have been the 50/50 material. Thanks for the info!

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 7:40:53 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Firebird PT is great stuff and I'm sure that you'll love it. Make you love your prints even more
ogrisson likes this.

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 7:42:50 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Anthony,

Presuming your guy taking over FB distribution is going to be on the west coast. Please make sure I get all his contact and ordering info and he has my info from you system.

Thanks
Dave

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 7:44:59 AM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbone
Anthony,

Presuming your guy taking over FB distribution is going to be on the west coast. Please make sure I get all his contact and ordering info and he has my info from you system.

Thanks
Dave
Yes and don't worry you'll be taken care of as always. BTW did my girl help you on live chat to answer all your questions the other day?

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 7:45:42 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Yes as usual you guys rock. Allessandra was very helpful

Old May 2nd, 2014 May 2, 2014 7:48:42 AM -   #45 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw

Your're the best Anthony!

This is a discussion about Total transfer to Firebird Ink in MP5 that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in