[Anajet] SGIA Expo 2013 Orlando - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] SGIA Expo 2013 Orlando

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By EricDeem
  • 1 Post By StoneEyes
  • 2 Post By StoneEyes
  • 2 Post By StoneEyes
  • 1 Post By NZACO
  • 1 Post By allamerican-aeoon
  • 1 Post By MZDEELO

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2013 Oct 10, 2013 10:13:21 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default SGIA Expo 2013 Orlando

Just want to invite everyone to attend the DAP Zone educational seminars at SGIA Expo in Orlando. October 23-25, Wednesday through Friday.

The DAP Zone sessions are free because they take place in the exhibit hall! SGIA Expo 2013

Send me a PM if you want to schedule a meeting with one of our techs. Tim and Deana are staffing the show.

Also this is the chance to see the products going head to head with a fixed graphic - meaning, that they can't sweeten the image before they RIP and print it. Tomorrow is the deadline for SGIA to receive the submissions. There's a video of the process from RIP to ship that we took yesterday. SGIA Orlando 2013 POTY Contest Entry from AnaJet - YouTube

If you agree that having a panel of objective judges is a good way to evaluate quality, it's worth noting. We hope to do well. I'm a little anxious.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2013 Oct 11, 2013 2:48:06 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: SGIA Expo 2013 Orlando

I welcome everyone to come by and geek out with me.

Old October 18th, 2013 Oct 18, 2013 7:18:09 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Has anyone other than Anajet owners signed up for this? Anxious?!? I would be worried I were you.

Past print contest winners:

2011= ISS/DTG
1st- StoneEyes-NeoFlex
3rd- StoneEyes-NeoFlex

2012= ISS/DTG
1st- StoneEyes-NeoFlex
2nd- StoneEyes-NeoFlex
3rd- G.lupo-NeoFlex

2013= ISS/DTG
1st- G.lupo - NeoFlex
2nd-G.lupo - NeoFlex
3rd- G.lupo- NeoFlex
=======================
TSF DTG Battle Royale- 2011
1st- Justin Walker- NeoFlex
2nd- Vintagetee - NeoFlex

TSF DTG Battle Royale II- 2012
1st- G.lupo - NeoFlex
2nd- 3 way tie (2 NeoFlex /Mod1)
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to EricDeem For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 21st, 2013)

Old October 21st, 2013 Oct 21, 2013 1:44:56 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLongtin
Also this is the chance to see the products going head to head with a fixed graphic - meaning, that they can't sweeten the image before they RIP and print it.
Greetings Joe, Thanks for the like on my previous post on the NeoFlex thread as I enjoy a good discussion that can benefit all parties. I do have a couple questions regarding your comment that I selected to quote in my response.

I am whole heartedly in agreement by doing a fixed graphic print off between multiple vendors, however unless everyone agrees to have a specific image pulled from a sealed plastic CD case, from a known graphic vendor i.e Great Dane Graphics as an example as they have multiple catalogs to select an image from. One cannot perceive to have a unfixed graphic. Do you agree?

Quote:
meaning, that they can't sweeten the image before they RIP and print it.
My interpretation to this comment would mean absolutely any alteration of the image is forbidden. I in turn am in agreement with you, however by your own written statement you are contradicting your video post for the SGIA print. On the video from section 0:21 to 0:23 of the 4 minute video you call out the fact that a tweak was done to the contrast settings. Don't you agree?

I believe this is in itself contradicting your comment of going head to head with a fixed graphic, as you have now manipulated the graphic from it's original settings. This can then be viewed that you (Anajet) did sweeten the image to provide a better picture.

Quote:
you agree that having a panel of objective judges is a good way to evaluate quality, it's worth noting. We hope to do well. I'm a little anxious.
Joe, I'm not sure how after posting a video of your product being printed, with a tweaked image, can be viewed as creating an impartial environment though as is duly noted, was not your intention to.

The information is already out there and by this action alone it belies any impartiality to any judging.

Let's face it, we all believe in our product and yes I do agree an impartial challenge is a great way to gauge our products and the end user/owners print capability. From a marketing perspective that was a great entry way to the consumer base, but having experience in the DTG and graphics arena I would state let's maintain a level of truth in lending here when making a comment such as head to head print challenge and yet calling out your tweaking an image. Just my opinion.

Side note: Sorry if there's no one to compete, then it's not a challenge.

A forfeit may work in sports, but in the DTG arena it's apples and oranges. By this I mean if your saying your top dog and your prints are the bomb diggity, and no one brings a print to the table because impartiality is out the door your the winner?

So by posting your video, and the lack of participation from other vendors really translate to a win for Anajet? Highly doubtful, but as noted this is just my perception. I'm not questioning the integrity of any of the judges however the impression has been made that it is no longer impartial. Thereby allowing a foul to be contested by any entry
my intention is not to be confrontational but to clarify and discuss sportsmanship in a head to head print off. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.
allamerican likes this.

Last edited by StoneEyes; October 21st, 2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Corrections to tags for Bold, and civility

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneEyes For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 21st, 2013), NZACO (October 22nd, 2013)
Old October 21st, 2013 Oct 21, 2013 8:50:34 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneEyes
[B]

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.
We were cautious about doing this since we counted on a few people on TSF to pick it apart. I'm happy to provide fodder because occasionally it actually results in constructive dialogue.

The market for DTG buyers is far from saturated and the competition between manufacturers is driving improvement and innovation all over.

Here are the POTY relevant rules for output:

"New-Output Data Requirements: Please manually record the amount of time it took to make print.
Bi Directional printing is mandatory
No color correction or manipulations of files in Photoshop are allowed before output."

We did not mod the source graphic in PS or any other graphic design software. We altered a contrast setting in the RIP which we interpreted as kosher. If this disqualifies us then shame on me and Tim, I'm sure we'll catch hell.

I would love it if some AnaJet owners would cut their teeth in the DTG Battle Royale, and at ISS because we can't do it ourselves. I'm going to ask some members of our customer advisory board because I think that AnaRIP combined with a rich black ringspun shirt delivers really good quality for almost any source image.

On another note... It bums me out that ISS attendance seems to be flattening out. We're going back to Atlantic City in 2014!

There's a question that still hangs in the air. How important a factor is production capacity, and what if output capacity and quality are not mutually exclusive.

Old October 22nd, 2013 Oct 22, 2013 6:06:11 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Joe, I appreciate the dialog. I'm unable to function off of quotes as I'm operating off a phone offsite but wanted to provide my comments to your post.

I try to look at information posted by a company representative from a consumers perspective, in the same token you presents the matter of the challenges a shop owner may encounter when provided with a unique image with multiple color schemes which the DTG environment is able to address.

I say this because in most aspects we are all consumers in some perspective if your a shop owner vice a company manufacturer, so when I heard the comment about the tweak I wanted to address it for clarification. Knowing there would be a logical explanation for the action, though an alteration of an image is still an alteration. However as you noted the rules is the rule for the SGIA, but I still believe it is not an original image. So we can agree to disagree as some RIP are very powerful. However I do appreciate your feedback and dialog.

In perspective to the market I whole heartedly agree with you as the advance in capabilities and technology is a benefit to the entire DTG community as a whole.

For the last item I think it still remains with the end user I.e what are the entry/exit criteria for the shop. What are the requirements as well as their business needs. Productivity is defined by quality and output for my
View point, and I have to allot the appropriate time frame for a project based on my customer needs and our performance output. This is just my viewpoint as there were definite details that needed to be captured on the image they would present.

As for AnaJet users cutting there teeth, it is a nerve racking experience to be judged by your peers in any event. I entered because we were new and we wanted to gauge ourself within the industry, and fortunately we were able to present prints that were worthy of recognition by our peers. It was a great learning experience to say the least and it brought a level of camaraderie within our office.

We were actually the first within the NeoFlex community to win the DTG contest at the ISS Show so were very pleased in that accomplishment as a new start up. I highly recommend your end users participate as it is a great experience. I would also encourage their entry into the DTG battle Royale, as it is also a great challenge that not only tests the machine but the person behind it as we'll. the wash test is the make or break for any entry so with that I will close the break and return to chairing this meeting. Thanks for your time.

The Following User Says Thank You to StoneEyes For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 28th, 2013)
Old October 22nd, 2013 Oct 22, 2013 3:35:41 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneEyes
Joe, I appreciate the dialog. I'm unable to function off of quotes as I'm operating off a phone offsite but wanted to provide my comments to your post.

I try to look at information posted by a company representative from a consumers perspective, in the same token you presents the matter of the challenges a shop owner may encounter when provided with a unique image with multiple color schemes which the DTG environment is able to address.

I say this because in most aspects we are all consumers in some perspective if your a shop owner vice a company manufacturer, so when I heard the comment about the tweak I wanted to address it for clarification. Knowing there would be a logical explanation for the action, though an alteration of an image is still an alteration. However as you noted the rules is the rule for the SGIA, but I still believe it is not an original image. So we can agree to disagree as some RIP are very powerful. However I do appreciate your feedback and dialog.

In perspective to the market I whole heartedly agree with you as the advance in capabilities and technology is a benefit to the entire DTG community as a whole.

For the last item I think it still remains with the end user I.e what are the entry/exit criteria for the shop. What are the requirements as well as their business needs. Productivity is defined by quality and output for my
View point, and I have to allot the appropriate time frame for a project based on my customer needs and our performance output. This is just my viewpoint as there were definite details that needed to be captured on the image they would present.

As for AnaJet users cutting there teeth, it is a nerve racking experience to be judged by your peers in any event. I entered because we were new and we wanted to gauge ourself within the industry, and fortunately we were able to present prints that were worthy of recognition by our peers. It was a great learning experience to say the least and it brought a level of camaraderie within our office.

We were actually the first within the NeoFlex community to win the DTG contest at the ISS Show so were very pleased in that accomplishment as a new start up. I highly recommend your end users participate as it is a great experience. I would also encourage their entry into the DTG battle Royale, as it is also a great challenge that not only tests the machine but the person behind it as we'll. the wash test is the make or break for any entry so with that I will close the break and return to chairing this meeting. Thanks for your time.
Absolutely, and congratulations for earning such recognition for your efforts. I just had one of our top customers message me on Facebook - Sue Asplin, Color Image Design, who said she was interested in pitting her skills against the other entrants.

So keeping my fingers crossed... as we spread the word with the AJ community.

I'm bummed because I just heard, after setting up our big booth in Orlando, that AnaJet was beaten out in the Product of the Year.

We stuck our neck out and we lost! My mission in life now is to find out how we lost and on what criteria, then produce a follow-up video. We are going to come back wiser and more determined to earn recognition for a quality print.

AND we are going to encourage our owners more to throw their hats in the ring along with the AA community and other printers at ISS and HERE with Rodney's Battle Royale.

So watch this space, either with schadenfreude or with grace as you like, as Tim and I eat a little crow and then go to work along with the AnaJet community to learn how we can show up and start to earn some recognition.

AnaJet has traveled light years in the past 8 months with the help of some extremely dedicated and talented engineers and quality assurance experts.

I have mostly held back from "blowing smoke" as a "MARKETING EXECUTIVE" because I believe a product should speak for itself. This product line has the goods but we need to find a way to better engage our owners out there and get them into the spirit of pushing their machines to the utmost.

Old October 22nd, 2013 Oct 22, 2013 5:50:53 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Absolutely, and congratulations for earning such recognition for your efforts.
Thank You Joe, coming from a competitors senior staff we appreciate that very much as it was definitely a humbling experience for us.

Quote:
I just had one of our top customers message me on Facebook - Sue Asplin, Color Image Design, who said she was interested in pitting her skills against the other entrants.
That's great Joe, I'm sure she will enjoy the contest as it is a great way for multiple challengers to interact and develop new contacts and networking.

Quote:
I'm bummed because I just heard, after setting up our big booth in Orlando, that AnaJet was beaten out in the Product of the Year.
Nothing to be bummed about, being a finalist is an accomplishment in itself.

Quote:
We stuck our neck out and we lost!
Okay so you lost, but if you don't compete you'll never know if you could win. Like the lottery, you can't win if you don't get a ticket.

Quote:
AND we are going to encourage our owners more to throw their hats in the ring along with the AA community and other printers at ISS and HERE with Rodney's Battle Royale.
The more the merrier as they say, and it's a great experience to say the least.

Quote:
So watch this space, either with schadenfreude or with grace as you like, as Tim and I eat a little crow
There appears to be some misinterpretation. Das ist nicht mein Bier, und Ich bin dankbar, etwas Deutsch lernen. Ja Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.

I don't think anyone has or would gloat over whats transpired, its the realm of business and how big companies compete against each other. You stepped to the ledge as a marketing Director and things didn't quite go accordingly. Ok we have all fallen, and we have all had to dust ourselves off.

Quote:
AnaJet has traveled light years in the past 8 months with the help of some extremely dedicated and talented engineers and quality assurance experts.
No company can exist without quality, and dedicated staff. Take care of your people, as loyalty is a BIG thing. Burn a person and the staff will remember that incident like an elephant, and when you need them most, you won't find them.

Firm believer in praise in public, condemn in private. Leadership doesnt' come from sitting in a chair but from working the front lines.

Best of luck, and like the writing goes. In nature nothing is rushed but yet it becomes. Enjoyed the dialog.

The Following User Says Thank You to StoneEyes For This Useful Post:
Old October 28th, 2013 Oct 28, 2013 12:16:21 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Just love this line from Joe:

"I have mostly held back from "blowing smoke" as a "MARKETING EXECUTIVE" because I believe a product should speak for itself."

just because Anajet need to do so much marketing.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to NZACO For This Useful Post:
Old October 28th, 2013 Oct 28, 2013 4:06:00 AM -   #10 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

I don't know about others think but looks like Joe is losing battle here. Come on cheer up.
StoneEyes you should think about get Executive job somewhere.
Joe, you started this Threads as marketing here and NeoFlex area but it doesn't look like going well as you planned. Basic never change "do not count money in others pocket". Now you showed us what you have in yours. Doesn't look like good marketing Executive will do.
I hope you had great show. I saw you at McDonald at breakfast time. I could not stop ing.
At least I witnessed frugal in you. One good thing so far.
EricDeem likes this.

Last edited by allamerican; October 28th, 2013 at 07:31 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to allamerican-aeoon For This Useful Post:
NZACO (October 28th, 2013)
Old October 29th, 2013 Oct 29, 2013 2:04:35 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I personally prefer to sleep in and a eat a quick and cheap breakfast before a show. Just saying.
allamerican likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to MZDEELO For This Useful Post:
allamerican (October 30th, 2013)
Old October 30th, 2013 Oct 30, 2013 5:26:49 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: NeoFather Peter
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZDEELO
I personally prefer to sleep in and a eat a quick and cheap breakfast before a show. Just saying.
I have to watch out what I am saying to ladies here. I was scolded by someone who thinks we don't know each other enough for little joke. LOL.
I saw you and Joe together . I was so close to walk over say hello to you but I didn't want to ruin Joe's appetite.
You look younger everyday.
Cheers! I still owe you best glass of wine. Right?

Last edited by allamerican; October 30th, 2013 at 05:32 AM..

Old October 31st, 2013 Oct 31, 2013 2:46:36 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican
I have to watch out what I am saying to ladies here. I was scolded by someone who thinks we don't know each other enough for little joke. LOL.
I saw you and Joe together . I was so close to walk over say hello to you but I didn't want to ruin Joe's appetite.
You look younger everyday.
Cheers! I still owe you best glass of wine. Right?
well... putting me out there like that WAS a bit embarrassing. but thank you for your kind words.

This is a discussion about SGIA Expo 2013 Orlando that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in