[Anajet] Just been approved for purchase of Anajet MP5i but not sure if i want this printer or Neoflex. Any suggestions anyone? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Just been approved for purchase of Anajet MP5i but not sure if i want this printer or Neoflex. Any suggestions anyone?

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2013 Jun 24, 2013 12:56:54 PM -   #46 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Just been approved for purchase of Anajet MP5i but not sure if i want this printer or Neoflex. Any suggestions anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirslickenstein
Just bought a MOD1 from Jerid at Belquette. Went to the Indy show and took 2 days of watching Neo, Anajet, Kornit and the MOD1. The neo was too slow but great prints and people. The Kornit too expensive and the MP5 well...you can read it in all the other posts. I had an issue with loading the software (my fault) and on Sunday Jerid emailed me back and I shared my desktop so he could check my install. He fixed the problem and I was running my 1st tees. Almost all my t shirts are done on black, charcoal gray, green and red....I need a good white underbase and many of my designs have just black and white in them. Fast and bright. I am still learning all the setting and features to dial in my designs on the different tee colors. Running at the default setting it had great white ink coverage on a red tee...always needs a second pass when running my old tjets. So far so good and price at just under $17k with shipping.
It's a great product and there aren't anyone with issues. The old days of the T Jets is long gone now. The new generation of printers are here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 24th, 2013 Jun 24, 2013 1:00:04 PM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Just been approved for purchase of Anajet MP5i but not sure if i want this printer or Neoflex. Any suggestions anyone?

I have been keeping an eye on the Mod1, especially since hearing the Job Vault software will be out soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to BandPrints For This Useful Post:
kevrokr (June 24th, 2013)
Old June 24th, 2013 Jun 24, 2013 1:05:45 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandPrints
I have been keeping an eye on the Mod1, especially since hearing the Job Vault software will be out soon.
Job Vault software?

Old June 24th, 2013 Jun 24, 2013 1:08:34 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Garrett

It's software they are developing to help move a job through the production process.

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 12:29:08 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: G.D.

The mpower is not a good thing, I been reading the forums online, people are losing money and not gaining any profit but lots of problems.

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 7:41:33 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: cedric

Thanks for replying G.D. i put the DTG on hold for now until i build my customer base. If i decide to get one the Neoflex is top of my list but it seems that Anajet has improved on its system with the i series look around the forums yes their have been lots of complaints and i am aware of that but since the upgrades it seems their are lots of happy customers

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 7:53:33 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Chuck
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The new i series Mpowers are awesome. Great print quality, fast print speed, and very resonable ink costs. Many of the Epson based printers or modifed Epson paper printers take five to seven minutes to turn out print. The end result is OK, it just takes to long. In the real world I cant make any money on a printer that takes five to seven minutes per print. The Mpower are significantly faster than the Epson based printers. The new i series, or rev C, is a major leap forward.

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 8:10:05 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: cedric

Thanks Chuck i notice you are a big fan of the Mpower machines. I was wondering do you have any photogaphic prints using the Mpower that you could post because i never seen any printed on the machine i have only seen vector base art prints.

Thanks

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 8:55:03 AM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigiguy
The new i series Mpowers are awesome. Great print quality, fast print speed, and very resonable ink costs. Many of the Epson based printers or modifed Epson paper printers take five to seven minutes to turn out print. The end result is OK, it just takes to long. In the real world I cant make any money on a printer that takes five to seven minutes per print. The Mpower are significantly faster than the Epson based printers. The new i series, or rev C, is a major leap forward.
Are you saying that you get better print quality from your mPower than an Epson based model? Are you also saying that you do not make any money on your Sprint or your FP-125? Or, are these machines exempt? I think that these claims are biased and misleading.

You may not be employed by Anajet, but you work in their booth at many of the tradeshows, so I think it's safe to say that you have some type of vested interest in Anajet. Your "review" of their products is nothing more than promotion.

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 9:04:22 AM -   #55 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Kevin,

I am not an employee of Anajet nor have I ever been. I am sorry that as an employee of Belquette you feel that I am self promoting.
I have made a lot of money on my Fp125 and my sprints. At the time they were the best printers on the market. My production times with them were standard for the industry and I could charge accordingly. As with most things times brings improvement in technology. The Mpowers are a much more robust, and industrial printer than previous generations. The increased speed and reliability of the Mpower with the Ricoh gen 4 heads make it a much better choice for an in house full production printer. The sprint and the fp125s have become our road show or traveling machine due to the ease of transport.
I have always had a good working working relationship with your company and hope to continue that in the future.

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 10:21:07 AM -   #56 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
I am not an employee of Anajet nor have I ever been. I am sorry that as an employee of Belquette you feel that I am self promoting.
It is true that you work in the Anajet booths at trade shows though. To keep things transparent when you're posting glowing reviews, it is probably best that you disclose your relationship to the company so people get the full picture.

A glowing review from a regular customer and a glowing review from a customer that may get extra perks from the company can read 2 different ways

I'm sure you've had great experience with the machines (as have others I've talked to at trade shows), it's just good to know where people are coming from in their posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
Dono (July 22nd, 2013), marinot (January 26th, 2014)
Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 10:39:54 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

[QUOTE=Rodney;1301679]It is true that you work in the Anajet booths at trade shows though. To keep things transparent when you're posting glowing reviews, it is probably best that you disclose your relationship to the company so people get the full picture.

A glowing review from a regular customer and a glowing review from a customer that may get extra perks from the company can read 2 different ways

I'm sure you've had great experience with the machines (as have others I've talked to at trade shows), it's just good to know where people are coming from in their posts.[/QUOTE

I never claimed I didn’t participate as an on sight at the show customer referral. Many potential customers understand the difference between a salesperson selling a printer and someone who is making their living using the printer. All I do in the booth or on the phone is provide information about how much I like the Anajet line of printers and to discuss ways of increasing market share and profitability. Has my association with Anajet worked well for me? Yes! Have I made a lot of money using Anajet printers? Yes! Do I think the mPower i series is a superior product? Yes! Do I feel the need to bash by name another company, or person on the forum, or question someone’s credibility? No!

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 10:54:20 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric67
Thanks Chuck i notice you are a big fan of the Mpower machines. I was wondering do you have any photogaphic prints using the Mpower that you could post because i never seen any printed on the machine i have only seen vector base art prints.

Thanks
Here is one of my favorites. I use this as a test print. The graphic can be downloaded from Anajet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (229.4 KB, 45 views)

Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 1:38:46 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin

Quote:
Many of the Epson based printers or modifed Epson paper printers take five to seven minutes to turn out print...In the real world I cant make any money on a printer that takes five to seven minutes per print.
Quote:
I have made a lot of money on my Fp125 and my sprints.
Questioning these types of conflicting statements has nothing to do with BelQuette since our machines have different print times than you mentioned, nor should it affect your working relationship with us (I dunno what that means...I didn't realize that you were a BelQuette customer?). I'm just looking at your posts for their face value. Why even bother to transport the older models if you cannot make money on them? How were you able to weather the storm of "slow printing" with the Epson-based Anajets before your newer purchase since you said that you cannot make any money on these types of machines?

Unfortunately, the direct-to-garment industry is rife with shills that go on these types of forums and promote a product under the guise that they are "someone who is making their living using the printer" when in reality they are aligned with the manufacturer and their rhetoric. As we have seen in other manufacturer sections of these forums where a "happy customer" gleams with pride about their machine and then a short time later are distributors of those machines. I'm sure that this is not the path that you are on, but to someone who is not familiar with your relationship with Anajet, they do not know that you are "an on sight at the show customer referral".

The Following User Says Thank You to kevrokr For This Useful Post:
nadiboy (July 27th, 2015)
Old July 3rd, 2013 Jul 3, 2013 2:12:23 PM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

I make money at the shows because the shirts I sell have a much higher price point. The sprints and fp125 are very easy to transport. With advances in technology the mPower i series is faster, and more cost effective ( profitable ) in my shop environment. You are correct, I am not a belquette customer. I do have many belquette customers who purchase from me as we'll as many other brand Dtg customers so I try maintain a good working relationship with all of them. I have been in the belquette both at many shows both learning and sharing tips and information. As the market grows and expands it is ultimately good for everyone involved. FYI I also speak highly of Sanmar, delta apparel, Ids foil, and several after market parts suppliers and am not employed by or distribute for them either.

This is a discussion about Just been approved for purchase of Anajet MP5i but not sure if i want this printer or Neoflex. Any suggestions anyone? that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in