[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 9:42:31 AM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

pretorians, if you figure out a way to get AnaJet to return your money, PLEASE let me know what you did. I've been trying for a long time now and haven't come close. They are all about making the sale and don't really care that their product sucks...which is a real shame because when it does print, it does a great job.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2013 Dec 21, 2013 7:28:47 PM -   #77 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The mp5 takes a ton of knowledge to get it to print great and great all the time. You have so many areas where you can screw something up. I'd be happy to email anyone to see if I can help them out with their Mp5s. I'm about to purchase my second one. Once you understand the printer you have to work with it. I've learned about 90% of my methods different than the "book" tells you to do. It's working for me, and it does a really sharp job. I pre-treat, heat press, all in the same small space, that I call my sweatshop! Be on the lookout for the bulk ink system, it's in beta testing now, it will soon be here. if you like saving money, you will like this system!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MP5Hacker For This Useful Post:
ArtisticTeez (March 13th, 2014), Karl T (February 20th, 2014)
Old February 19th, 2014 Feb 19, 2014 9:22:50 PM -   #78 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Scary thread for sure.

All I see with DTG is doom and gloom..

Old February 19th, 2014 Feb 19, 2014 9:26:05 PM -   #79 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,113 Times in 847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by openvms
Scary thread for sure.

All I see with DTG is doom and gloom..
then you haven't seen much!

Old February 20th, 2014 Feb 20, 2014 8:29:03 AM -   #80 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

A DTG purchase can be your best or worst experience. Never buy a machine when it just comes out. Wait until it gets better and maintain it well and never heat press or pretreat in the same room. This is the best advice

Last edited by DTGPRINTERPARTS; February 20th, 2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old February 20th, 2014 Feb 20, 2014 9:10:14 AM -   #81 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGPRINTERPARTS
A DTG purchase can be your best or worst experience. Never buy a machine when it just comes out. Wait until it gets better and maintain it well and and heat press or pretreat in the same room. This is the best advice

Assuming you meant to say to NEVER heat press or pretreat in the same room as the printer.

And no matter what they tell you, plan on wasting A LOT of ink to keep the printer printing without problems.

Old February 20th, 2014 Feb 20, 2014 9:28:14 AM -   #82 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

LOL yeah that's what I meant, just edited. I must be tired. Yeah depends on where you get the ink from too.

Old February 20th, 2014 Feb 20, 2014 9:46:07 AM -   #83 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Your right ^^^ I have an a portable AC, matched with the roof unit, and a custom ventilation /circulation system. I have two 3000sq humidifiers running wide open in a room that's about 3-400 sq to keep the humidity at 75% despite of the air circulation. Air temp stays around 68 during work hours. These things are critical to make that operation work. Without them, I'm sure u will have issues.

Old March 3rd, 2014 Mar 3, 2014 3:18:55 PM -   #84 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Frustrated in South Dakota, with the Anajet. Have been offered free shipping both ways,to repair the machine. oh I will have to pay 932$ before they will send the call tags. Funny, I played the new car deal with the BBB of California also. Which I will add the BBB did nothing but forward my complaints to Anajet.

Old March 3rd, 2014 Mar 3, 2014 3:20:56 PM -   #85 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

BBB does absolutely nothing and is a complete joke. A business pays BBB $500 per year to allow consumers to post complaints, BBB then checks up on complaints. BBB is not a Govt institution but privately owned so if a business doesn't have an account with them they can screw you any which way

Old January 8th, 2015 Jan 8, 2015 10:34:53 AM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

I have owned a mPower 5 for 2 years. After 9 months we started having problems. Called Anajet, they picked up the machine for service. They found the heads were clogged. They were able to unclog 2 of them and replaced the 3rd at no charge. After getting it back it worked great. Then about 2 weeks ago started have issues of no ink printing. We found that the station was not working right and 1 white cartridge had air in it which clogged. Called Anajet and they sent a new station, new cartridge, circuit board for white ink and needle valve. Since the station was no working right the ink in the lines had started to dry. Took a syringe and sucked out the dry ink. After removing the lines. Then with a syringe pushed CF there all the lines to clear them of any loose dry ink. The reason I am posting this is I read lots of people with problems and putting down Anajet. Ray at Anajet has been a great guy in working with me on this any other problems we have had. I do believe that as long as you do the maintaince on the machine is works as stated. It would be like not doing routine maintaince on your car or your house. If ignored you will start having problems. I know this because I own a classic car and have to do routine maintaince to make sure it runs tip top. I am also own a construction company and I see small problems turn into big problems when ignored. I could go on and on but I think you get my point. In closing I will say that do know that there are lemons in every field. Just look at are the cars that have recalled because of a problem. Anajet will work with you.

Old January 8th, 2015 Jan 8, 2015 11:27:04 AM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Maintenance was not an issue for me. I cleaned it spotless daily and kept the room dust free and at 60% to 70% humidity always. It was shipped back to AnaJet 3 times and would work good for a few weeks then start having problems until I filled the print lines with about 1/2 a cartridge and then I'd get a couple more weeks (including doing daily head cleans) before having to do it again. I was finally told that was pretty normal....even though the sales person told me that it only wasted about 25 cents of ink per day as long as I printed at least one shirt per day. (Ray's response to this was basically "She's in Sales and this is Tech Support. Not much I can do about that.")

I ended up having to shut the business down because it was costing me much more in ink and repairs than I was able to sell the shirts for.
aubsmith likes this.

Old February 17th, 2017 Feb 17, 2017 7:50:09 AM -   #88 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,279 Posts

:: Just a heads-up to everyone: It is a Verticalscope network-wide policy to keep legal matters out of the public forums. Discussions on any civil suits that are pending, or that will be filed, or that have been closed, are not allowed.

If members would like to discuss the short-comings of the company, they can post a review of the product, with all the facts, in a civil manner. They just can't discuss any civil suits that are pending, or that they will be filing, or that have been closed. ::
24kPrinting likes this.

This is a discussion about [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in