[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2013 Aug 9, 2013 8:57:35 PM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Nader
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

WOW I cannot believe what some of you have had to go through. I bought a brother 361 3 months ago and I have not had any issues (I hope I did not just jinks myself) I can't even imagine what I would do in these situations as I took the last of my life savings to buy my printer and I depend on it 100% to work everyday or I am screwed. For anyone reading this who is thinking about buying a DTG do yourself a favor and look at brother. It may be more expensive up front by my goodness you won't be dealing with these issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using T-Shirt Forums

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2013 Aug 10, 2013 8:13:10 PM -   #62 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hey Jersey Joe! Can't leave you a "private message" due to your inbox being full but would love to talk to you about how this shook out for you. Hope to hear from you! Print~N~Go

Old August 17th, 2013 Aug 17, 2013 1:22:27 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: John

deja vu. with a few minor changes, this sounds like my life with AnaJet the last year.

Most of my problems are now boiled down to having to head cleans (at about $3 per clean) everyday. Some days one clean is good, other days it takes 4 or more. Getting really expensive just to be able to start printing and now I'm told that I also should be doing a head clean every 20 shirts to ensure it keeps printing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbry11
Here is my anajet saga which started in June of 2012. We our on our 3rd printer since then, all mp5's and all with the same issues. Printer simply does not work as sold. Anajet has worked with us but the resulting lost jobs, refunded orders and inability to sell has cost us at least $50K The following is our 1st letter to anajet. The second letter will be posted in another message.

Today, 8/10/13, our third printer after the revision C upgrade has stopped working after only about 300 prints. The revision c upgrade was done in April. Printer performed well until about 10 days ago. Since then red and blue nozzle checks are consistently horrible and we have not been able to print. Changed out the maintenance station and dampers, all for naught. The following is our saga.

Letter dated 8/26/2012

Hello, my name is Bill co-owner of Shirt Pro LLC.
About mid June 2012, my partner and myself purchased an Anajet MP5 printer. We attended Anajet University in late June. We launched Shirt Pro LLC, a direct to garment printing company the first week of July based on the idea that the Anajet MP5 could perform the way we had been told it could perform.

We had researched direct to garment printers prior to ourpurchase and concluded the Anajet MP5 appeared to be the best DTG printer for our needs. Since beginning to use the MP5 we have experienced consistent challenges with the operation of the printer resulting in hours of daily downtime, missed deadlines, poor quality prints, wasted products, lost jobs and a general lack of confidence and overall frustration in the MP5's ability to perform.

We have consistently phoned and have spoken with most all of your customer service people
averaging over several hours of phone calls, emails, pictures and prescribed remedies per week. We ask questions and the many polite Anajet tech's we have spoken to have the same answers for a variety of problems and none of the answers are helping us get a consistent, quality print out of our MP5.

Our MP5 is located in a small nook of our living area in our house. The printer is located on a
level, sturdy table. The area is sealed tight with plastic. We run two large humidifiers 24 hours a
day. The humidity in the room averages 60 to 75% and the temperature is usually in the mid 60's to mid 70's. Ambient temperature in the room is around 70 degrees. We are located in Colorado
at around 7400 feet.

A typical day with our printer is as follows: Check the humidifiers, refill if necessary. Do a
nozzle check. Since we have had the printer, it would be safe to say we have had only 6 days
where the initial daily nozzle check is acceptable. Most days we have poor yellow and black
checks, sometimes no ink is visible, other days the yellow and black are nothing but small lines.
We are religious about cleaning our printer at the end of each day including nozzles, print heads,
maintenance station and wiper blade assembly. Sometimes I have to inspect or wipe the nozzles
after a few prints because we start to see lines in our print, usually white. Phone calls to your
techs usually go like this. We explain the issue, usually the same one with black and yellow ink.
Responses from the techs are almost always the same. They have us do several ink circulations
followed by level 3 and level 1 cleans. This never works, almost always makes the issue worse or
the nozzle checks remain the same. We understand your techs are trained to solve symptom's and problems using predetermined procedures, however, what works for some is obviously not working for us.

It just so happens that in addition to being a direct to garment printer, we also design and
manufacture a very unique micro fiber cloth called the Handy Map. The Handy Map is a super
absorbent, lint free, static free micro fiber cloth which holds eight to ten times it weight in water.
After becoming extremely frustrated with our MP5's lack of performance, we decided to try a
new cleaning procedure on our machine. We have begun to mix a 50/50 solution of Isopropyl
alcohol and distilled water. We then soak our cloth in this mixture and once the cloth is saturated we squeeze out the excess and hold the cloth flat against the print head nozzles for 3 to 10 minutes. We then use a dry cloth and dab the print head nozzles dry. Once dry we conduct a
nozzle check. This is the only procedure which will result in an acceptable nozzle check. Some
times this procedure needs to be done twice. Once again, sometimes we need to this procedure
after a few shirts. This is unacceptable.
Even after perfect or acceptable nozzle checks, quite often we still get poor prints. Most often the
prints are either banded or have black and/or white streaks. Upon inspection of the print heads
after these poor prints we always have either black or white ink bleeding from the bottom of the
print heads. Apparently this is being caused by pressure in the system. Your techs instruct us to
run ink circulations to relieve the pressure. This does not work. Usually after running several ink
circulations followed by print head cleans, the nozzle checks result in no black or yellow ink.
The above issues are a daily occurrence resulting in hundreds of hours of downtime, countless
frustrations, lost production time, lost jobs, poor print quality and an overall lack of confidence
that we can even operate our business with an Anajet Printer.

Yesterday’s visit from an Anajet Authorized Service Representative provided some user tips, but left us in no better shape to print. When the tech arrived we experienced most all the same
challenges we have reported to you since the first day we have used the printer. Our challenges
are not limited to the following, but these are problems we deal with every day: Generally
unacceptable print checks, poor tolerances maintained by wiper blade/carriage action causing
continual maintenance and excessive build up, white ink dripping on finished shirts when we are
not using white ink in print, consistent problems with yellow/black print head causing mixing,
getting a good print head check only to get a bad print, black ink streaking, white ink streaking,
red lines appearing for no reason, air bubbles in all ink lines, air gaps in all ink lines.
Your tech rep experienced and witnessed some if not all the same challenges, called the factory
several times during the day and at the end of the day we have all the same difficulties. We are
technically savvy and frankly insulted with your attempts at asking us to perform the same tasks
your tech rep preformed unsuccessfully.
At present, we have no confidence our MP5 Printer will ever work. Thousands of dollars and
hundreds of man hours have been invested in the getting the machine to operate. The venture is
losing ground every day we go forward and some type of immediate action is required on your
part.

Our company is demanding an upgrade to an MP10 at no charge. Based on research conducted
both online and in speaking with numerous individuals in the garment printing industry, the MP5 has known issues similar to what we are experiencing and have been somewhat remedied in the MP10. Anajet printers offer some great features that other printers do not. No one wants our printer to work more than we do. Our entire business plan was based on the Anajet printer and it's tremendous capabilities. Our plan also calls for employees to run this equipment, and given the problems, we cannot reasonably expect an hourly person to be able to handle the challenges as they exist currently.
We realize the MP10 is a higher investment, however, we have thousands of dollars invested in
man hours and lost jobs due to our performance issues to date.

At this point a trade out for another MP5 is unacceptable. We feel the equipment has significant design flaws involved in the black/yellow ink delivery system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QQGreen For This Useful Post:
BigTees (August 30th, 2013), parkst23 (January 8th, 2015)

Old August 17th, 2013 Aug 17, 2013 8:16:39 PM -   #64 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Anthony Bruce Creek
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQGreen
deja vu. with a few minor changes, this sounds like my life with AnaJet the last year.

Most of my problems are now boiled down to having to head cleans (at about $3 per clean) everyday. Some days one clean is good, other days it takes 4 or more. Getting really expensive just to be able to start printing and now I'm told that I also should be doing a head clean every 20 shirts to ensure it keeps printing.
How many upgrades have you had to go through?

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 8:41:32 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I had to send it back to AnaJet twice - one month each. First time was December 2012 hophing they could fix problems. Second time, they had me do the mP5i upgrade myself. I still had problems after that and they had me ship it back to them (June) to do it themselves. I still had problems (yellow dropping out) after that. They sent me new yellow dampers to replace - which has helped a little.

My biggest problem is all the ink that needs to be wasted just to get it to print. (and since day 1, I have printed at least 1-2 shirts every day - using whites and using all colors).

The only other problems I have had in the last month or so is when the printer freezes in the middle of a print for no reason.

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 8:53:10 AM -   #66 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

That's a lot of head cleanings, are you maintaining the machine like cleaning wiper and capping station daily and putting cleaner in the capping station? I'm not too familiar with these machines so I try to get as much info as I can from the owners to see if maintenance can help but sometimes it is just the machine.

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 9:05:34 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

In my case I'm very anal about doing the maintenance. Maintenance station, wiper blade and nozzle plate cleaned every day. I've sent photos to AnaJet at their request and they have agreed that my cleaning is great. Humidity is always between 55% and 65%.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the higher viscosity of the inks needed for the Ricoh heads may be causing the problems. Either the crystals in the heads are not powerful enough to draw enough ink needed for continuous printing or the heavier ink has more difficulty getting through the nozzles if there is even a tiny bit of dried ink on them.

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 10:57:11 AM -   #68 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Ok good so we can eliminate the dirty machine as the culprit. You are probably correct on the ink or the head itself. I think that there is something there that needs to get dialed in. I have seen some people have great success with the machine so I know that they can work great. Where are you located?

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 12:11:59 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

NW Ohio.

(printer room is about 6 x 8. No vents. Humidity 60% +/- 5%. Temp: 77 to 80. Heat press in next room)

Old August 18th, 2013 Aug 18, 2013 5:38:02 PM -   #70 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

gotcha, and are you pretreating in the same room? Just want to know all the variables

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 6:48:31 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

no, pretreating in the opposite end of my building.

the AnaJet service tech that came out (twice) told me that my setup, environment and procedures are spot on. Nothing I could be doing better.

I wonder how people that have had their mP5 printer for more than a month and only print a few shirts per day compare to those that print for several hours a day. Does printing all day prevent the need for daily head cleans? Are they finding they need to do a head clean every 20 shirts? Do colors start to drop out? Do the printers freeze up more in the middle of prints? Do the whites start flowing heavier? (mine do that. after about 10 shirts, I have to be very careful as the white ink will start dripping down the shirt when I pick it up.)

Also, I think it was the OP that said he was on his third printer. How did you get a new printer out of AnaJet? I've been asking them for several months to just send me a new one since they obviously have no idea what is wrong with mine. They refuse and only keep sending out dampers or valves assuming that is the cure-all and offering to bring my printer back to the shop for yet another month. My assumption is they won't send me a new one because the new one will have the same problems.

(and sorry, I tend to get wordy and ramble on when I am frustrated. See, I'm doing it again.)

John

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 8:48:19 AM -   #72 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQGreen
no, pretreating in the opposite end of my building.

the AnaJet service tech that came out (twice) told me that my setup, environment and procedures are spot on. Nothing I could be doing better.

I wonder how people that have had their mP5 printer for more than a month and only print a few shirts per day compare to those that print for several hours a day. Does printing all day prevent the need for daily head cleans? Are they finding they need to do a head clean every 20 shirts? Do colors start to drop out? Do the printers freeze up more in the middle of prints? Do the whites start flowing heavier? (mine do that. after about 10 shirts, I have to be very careful as the white ink will start dripping down the shirt when I pick it up.)

Also, I think it was the OP that said he was on his third printer. How did you get a new printer out of AnaJet? I've been asking them for several months to just send me a new one since they obviously have no idea what is wrong with mine. They refuse and only keep sending out dampers or valves assuming that is the cure-all and offering to bring my printer back to the shop for yet another month. My assumption is they won't send me a new one because the new one will have the same problems.

(and sorry, I tend to get wordy and ramble on when I am frustrated. See, I'm doing it again.)

John
Printing all day would still need head cleanings, after about 20 prints my machine needs a small head cleaning but it still has to do its regular every 8 hour maintenance. Kinda ubsurd to head clean before every print though. I have guys with the MP5 that print just a few times a week without trouble. Did you get training on the machine? Just curious and did they really tell you a new machine will give you the same headache?

Old August 19th, 2013 Aug 19, 2013 9:22:14 AM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

What's the "regular every 8 hour maintenance" you do? I think I can only set my printer to do an auto-clean every 24 hours.

Head cleans are not required after every print. I only need to do 1 to 4 head cleans at the beginning of the day in order to get a good nozzle check. After that, I'm usually good. (I don't usually have to do more than several shirts in a day. I don't have confidence in this printer yet to heavily market it.)

I tried going the weekend without printing once. That was a big mistake. Took a lot of work to get a good nozzle check on Monday.

Yes, I went to the AnaJet training. That was a joke. He talked a lot about the RIP software and talked a little about how to clean the printer - but did not actually show us (or allow us to) clean an actual one. A lot of time was spent in class trying to address one of the students printers that has been having a lot of contamination problems and getting nowhere with tech support. Most of my questions about how to best clean the printer came from talking with tech support and from the service rep that came out.

And no, AnaJet did not tell me that a new printer would just have the same problems, I said I'm assuming that because I can't think of any other reason they would not send out a new printer but they have no problem sending out parts, people, and paying to ship mine back multiple times to try to repair it.

The really frustrating part is that if I do a fill print lines for about 30-40 seconds (after changing out dampers, getting it back from the shop, etc...) then it prints great for a week or two and then slowly starts to go down hill. One or more head cleans will get a good print - but just for the day. It's like the Fill Lines / head cleans are building up pressure in the system and then slowly losing the pressure but since the mP5i is using a direct feed ink delivery on the colors, there shouldn't be a buildup of pressure like on the older version with the purge lines.

Old November 14th, 2013 Nov 14, 2013 5:27:32 PM -   #74 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: lex

i for sure want my money back . mp5 nothing but trouble It needs to much attention even if you follow everything by the book , you always get horrible Nozzles checks untill you pretty much spent all your ink . I will not recommend this machine to any one , find something else .

Last edited by Rodney; November 15th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: removed solicitation

Old December 5th, 2013 Dec 5, 2013 7:24:12 AM -   #75 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Eugene

praetorians, I would like to send you a pm, could you empty your message box for more, thanks

This is a discussion about [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in