[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 20th, 2012 May 20, 2012 11:33:25 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: K-DuB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhobden
Interesting to hear you have got it to work by taking out the cartridges. We tried it firstly by switching the cartridges to new ones and then updating, had a few cartrigde read errors so we are back on 1.0.1. If that is the fool proof way of getting the cartridges to read correctly then I think Anajet should know about it so they can update their upgrade instructions.
If the machine is powered on with firmware 1.0.1 and you insert a new cartridge, its going to automatically read that cartridge and give it a memory (program it) to 1.0.1. the second it reads that new cartridge. Therefor that new cartridge is now 1.0.1 for life. So then if you upgrade to 1.0.3 with that same cartridge in your machine at anytime your going to get errors, cause that cartridge is already programmed to 1.0.1.

Last edited by kdub718; May 20th, 2012 at 11:39 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2012 May 20, 2012 2:03:04 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub718
If the machine is powered on with firmware 1.0.1 and you insert a new cartridge, its going to automatically read that cartridge and give it a memory (program it) to 1.0.1. the second it reads that new cartridge. Therefor that new cartridge is now 1.0.1 for life. So then if you upgrade to 1.0.3 with that same cartridge in your machine at anytime your going to get errors, cause that cartridge is already programmed to 1.0.1.
This information istn necessarily correct. I followed directions to a the letter and ordered a fresh set of cartridges just for this update and still did not work. In fact my CYAN recognizes any cartridge as BAD CSUM....only the orginial cartridge sent with the printer has ever worked. Its dated Februray 16, 2012. SO what I do when I get new cartridges is crack them open take the ink bladder out and put it into the only cartridge the frigin machine recognizes....just so that I can keep porinting on it and not piss off any more customer.

If this was entirely true then all cartridges would fail being recognized....when I updated it never would recognize both WHITE, BLACK, and CYAN.

Old May 20th, 2012 May 20, 2012 2:38:44 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: K-DuB

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthespotgraphix
This information istn necessarily correct. I followed directions to a the letter and ordered a fresh set of cartridges just for this update and still did not work. In fact my CYAN recognizes any cartridge as BAD CSUM....only the orginial cartridge sent with the printer has ever worked. Its dated Februray 16, 2012. SO what I do when I get new cartridges is crack them open take the ink bladder out and put it into the only cartridge the frigin machine recognizes....just so that I can keep porinting on it and not piss off any more customer.

If this was entirely true then all cartridges would fail being recognized....when I updated it never would recognize both WHITE, BLACK, and CYAN.
It was suggested to me to make a new thread on this subject... https://www.t-shirtforums.com/anajet/t187972.html

Old May 22nd, 2012 May 22, 2012 7:58:11 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I feel ya Jersey Joe, I don't have a MPower but I purchased a Sprint last year and there was always some kind of issue with the printing. I took it back twice to the AnaJet for some problems but I never was 100% happy with the performance of the machine. What I found out that there was a lot more work to get a good print from this machine as I found out after I purchased the machine and went to the training. I don't even use white ink anymore cause I had too many problems getting a good print. I wasted too much ink doing test prints trying to get the perfect combination. While the machine worked good one the day the next day I was back to step one again.
There are a lot of people out there who have good experiences with the AnaJet printers but there are a lot of unhappy people as well. When you make a large investment in a product, it should perform a 100% all of the time with minimal problems.
AnaJet printers work well for some, they also perform horribly for others. If AnaJet printers worked so well, there wouldn't be post like Jersey Joe's and this one. I would have to say this was the worst investment I have made for my business. I'm surprised I haven't heard of a class action against AnaJet.

Old May 22nd, 2012 May 22, 2012 11:38:31 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthespotgraphix

I updated firmware when on old carts, but been having print problems and eventually decided to purge and fill lines which took most of my ink. I decided to just renew all the carts , all ok except CYAN, will not recognise it no matter what, I am still on the old one in there with WARNING VERY LOW message. Thanks for the tip about swapping the bag from one to another.

John

Old May 27th, 2012 May 27, 2012 5:11:25 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Michael

Hello jersey joe i wanted to know if you got your money back and if not would you like to join me and a lawsuit against "Anajet" because im haveing all the same problems im gonna give them 10 more days to get the same problems you have addressed fixed iv'e waisted alot of time,lost alot of customers im so ready to go back to screen press they have been such a joke but im not joking i have contacted a lawyer that is willing to help me its false advertising.Iv'e done everything you have done i am gonna fly back over there with my lawyer,i dont care how long it takes and i will go to all there conventios with big ole signs saying "do not buy from Anajet they are liars.

Old May 27th, 2012 May 27, 2012 10:17:27 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I don't have a MPower, I have a Sprint. But if you are filing a class action law suit based on bad performance, mis-leading information, etc. on all there printers, I'm on board.

The Following User Says Thank You to nikko1995 For This Useful Post:
fuzzytees (May 27th, 2012)
Old May 27th, 2012 May 27, 2012 1:05:35 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Robert

From the intorduction of the mp* series, there have been red flags. Demanding full up front payment and constant delays in delivery, reports of lies and misrepresentation. If you go back and look at post from December and January, I don't know how anyone would trust this company or send them a dime.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hoghead1 For This Useful Post:
fuzzytees (May 27th, 2012)
Old May 27th, 2012 May 27, 2012 2:50:43 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mabuzi
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

A good supplier is a good as a good customer.
You know when you have a good supplier is when there are problems and they fix them.

Anajet does have some representatives on this forum, please letx hear from you. I have intended to buy one of these machines so this will be an interesting space to watch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mabuzi For This Useful Post:
fuzzytees (May 27th, 2012), stevegamble (July 28th, 2012)
Old May 28th, 2012 May 28, 2012 2:00:05 AM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Alan

We and several other users on these forums have MP5's and are actively working through getting issues fixed and are getting good results. Agreed, Anajet maybe were too early releasing the machines. Having said that, our distributor has been extremely helpful and so far Anajet have backed that support up. I would guess that Anajet aren't entering forum discussions because based on some of the comments I have seen on these forums, they will get attacked by the minority. I would rather they keep in touch on updates/fixes with us (the users) and get busy testing fixes for some of the issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abhobden For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 7th, 2012), fuzzytees (May 28th, 2012), Karl T (July 6th, 2012)
Old May 28th, 2012 May 28, 2012 4:11:51 AM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhobden
We and several other users on these forums have MP5's and are actively working through getting issues fixed and are getting good results. Agreed, Anajet maybe were too early releasing the machines. Having said that, our distributor has been extremely helpful and so far Anajet have backed that support up. I would guess that Anajet aren't entering forum discussions because based on some of the comments I have seen on these forums, they will get attacked by the minority. I would rather they keep in touch on updates/fixes with us (the users) and get busy testing fixes for some of the issues.
Well time is money we bought are machine and Feburay went to the training session in April have not made no money are customers are not satisfied.I Had Customer cancel a Check on me.Im sorry for being so harsh, but i will give it one more shot of ten days starting tomorrow.I love the concept of there idea but the quality is no good for me or My customers.

Old May 28th, 2012 May 28, 2012 1:43:41 PM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Alan

Do you have a distributor you can deal with? As its their job to deal with Anajet and get you results.

Old July 5th, 2012 Jul 5, 2012 12:30:44 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Our Compay purchased the anajet Mpower5 same as Jersey Joe. Our machine has thad the exact same problems as his. we also have had the same type of run-around as Jersey Joe. We are into our fourth month with this gigantic paper weight and do not know where else to go with this. We have just today decided to seek legal action. The last straw was last monday 6/25/2012. We installed all new ink, Fought banding, voids in out test prints and gave up for the day. We tried several other days in a row, with the same results. Finally on Friday 6/29/1012 thought I would try it again. Well, Guess what? All my ink was in my waste tank. So, another several hunderd dollars down the waste tank if you will. We have had our mpower5 for 4 months and I have spent more in ink than its worth. Anajet has sent me new circuit boards and had me replace them, So I guess I have become their repair service. I was misled when the warranty stated parts and labor. I did not know I was the labor. Any how we are frustrated beyond belief. Our Business is a new business, we had high hopes for our business apperal business. We have another business that has had to support the ink habbit our apperal business has. I would not recommed anajets mpower5! At least ours,

Old July 6th, 2012 Jul 6, 2012 3:36:36 AM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Phil

I was wondering, is anyone from Anajet going to say anything or do they really suck that bad? If there was even a hint of someone being upset with a product I sold, I'd jump in and take care of it immediately...

If someone already did and I overlooked it, i apologize. Haven't had my coffee!

The Following User Says Thank You to Philnwife For This Useful Post:
stevegamble (July 28th, 2012)
Old July 6th, 2012 Jul 6, 2012 10:50:06 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Hi all,
No doubt we have had customers that have had a bad experience with the machine and support. Please remember that forums are a small snap shot of the big picture and because of their helpful nature, tend to only show the problems.

I can tell you that we have made significant improvements to the support team, our phone system and our training. Despite the rocky start, we have well over 90% of customers operating at a very high level and doing very well with the machine. Unfortunately they are a lot less vocal on the forums.

Let me outline a few challenges we've had, and then I request that you allow AnaJet to work toward resolutions for anyone that is still having trouble.

The launch-
We started production on 50 machines before the launch to prepare for the demand. Before the first tradeshow we introduced the machine internationally to our distributors and they placed orders for every machine we had in production. By the end of the first day of the show we had a one month backorder. From there, as most of you know, we played catch up and weren’t able to keep up with the demand and further delays ensued.
Solution: We doubled the production staff, promoted “test leads” for quality assurance, and ran two shifts. We are currently shipping on demand

1st domestic shipments-
Once we started shipping printers domestically we quickly realized that the support calls were increasing and the support personnel was overwhelmed. Each new mPower owner needed a 1 hour set up call while we needed to continue to support the existing customer base.
Solution: We tripled the tech staff, added field techs, bought a new, high tech phone system to track calls, promoted a training manager, created 30+ TD&R documents, hosted and recorded monthly tech webinars and spent thousands flying customers in for training. All of this is ongoing and we are making additional progress in training end users every day. We have already seen a significant reduction in the number of calls and emails.

Firmware and RIP software/Ink cart reading-
Due to the quick launch and expedited shipping, we shipped the first few hundred machines without the ink chip sets activated. This meant that we did not program all of the ink chips on the carts to allow for their use in the machines and we deactivated the chip readers in the machines. This also meant that once we updated the firmware to include the reader and usage, we had to simultaneously update the software, and ink carts. As you can imagine, if the wrong cart was used with the wrong software/firmware, reading issues popped up.
Solution: We launched the new RIP and firmware in June and are working with a few customers to fully migrate to the new updates.

Training-
Many customers decided against coming to training despite being encouraged, considering this was a new, never before seen product. Almost 80% of all customers have never trained. Almost all tech issues are resolved once proper set up and training is achieved.
Solution: We promoted a new Training Manager that has been with AnaJet for two years and knows every product inside and out. We trained 6 field techs/trainers and have 10 more scheduled for on-site training. We are currently working on a Skype training set up. We continue to host and record webinars on printer operation and usage.

We are dedicated to every customer’s satisfaction and success with the printer. Now that our support department is better equipped to handle all of the calls and emails, please allow us to show you that we mean business and can help you with your machine so you can start making $$$ like over 90% of mPower users.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karl T For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 7th, 2012), kdub718 (July 6th, 2012), koroisthebest (July 6th, 2012), spiderx1 (July 6th, 2012), stevegamble (July 28th, 2012)

This is a discussion about [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in