[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet - Page 2 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

Like Tree7Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 4:49:52 PM -   #16 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet

BP
they only sent the 4 white cartridges that came with the purchase
no i didn't call for the initial startup (because i didn't see the tiny note until afterwards) but i followed the instructions to the "T" in the manual by first filling the purge lines then the print lines
all dampers filled up to the metal spring inside (approx halfway)
i called right away afterwards when i noticed the tiny note and the tech just had me turn on the fill pumps again for both side for a few seconds each
everything was somewhat OK in the very beginning but i could never get a clear nozzle check on all the colors and all they would say is it will get better with use
the #5 channel white would have air gaps that would go away after circulating the white ink but then come back after awhile and the damper would go empty and stay that way
they showed me how to access the hidden menu to get to the individual pumps and turn them on and off, clockwise/counter clockwise high speed low speed etc. to try and resolve the ink clogs they thought were there
this did get rid of the reappearing air gaps but it did nothing for the empty damper
they even had me replace the white ink valves at the cartridges because they were 100% confident the white ink had dried up and was causing the problems (it wasn't - i dissected the valves after i removed them and they were completely wet with no dried ink anywhere)
they also had me completly flush the entire system (purge & fill lines) and let the printer sit for an hour with the cleaning fluid in it then reinstall the ink just like i did the first day purge lines first then print lines
this didn't help either except to get both white channels to have full dampers (after $450.00 worth of ink & cleaning fluid)
i have talked to tech support and they keep consulting with the engineers and get back to me but nothing has worked at all
now they want to see photos of the capping station and wiper blade which i clean everyday as well as check the humidity around the printer which was at 70% all day until the end of the day it went down to 60% which is still higher than the minimum 45% they require
i have ask for a replacement & or a refund with no luck yet but they haven't heard the last of me
if i have to get a lawyer involved (which i don't want to) i will because they leave me with no choice
i wish i leased it so i can have the leasing company help fight this battle
do you know of other industry forums out there i can go post this info at?
i want everyone in the garment world to hear how anajet puts out an inferior product which also happens to match their inferior service
i guess they are 100% consistent in that way!
thanks for listening to my rant
Jersey Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 5:07:39 PM -   #17 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i agree i wouldn't think the ceo of a multi-billion dollar auto company would talk to little old me but i bet the dealership pres or owner would if he had an ounce of decency and pride in the product they are selling thanks for putting into perspective how miniscule anajet really is in the grand scheme of things in the world and they are basically nothing but a startup company in this industry compared to others
Jersey Joe

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 5:16:01 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Joe
i agree i wouldn't think the ceo of a multi-billion dollar auto company would talk to little old me but i bet the dealership pres or owner would if he had an ounce of decency and pride in the product they are selling thanks for putting into perspective how miniscule anajet really is in the grand scheme of things in the world and they are basically nothing but a startup company in this industry compared to others
Jersey Joe
While I do think that these companies are small enough that senior managment should address some of the issues, as in your case. Anajet is a respected company in the DTG world and has been around for a good part of DTG history, as short as it may be.
In the past they have done a good job and produced a reliable DTG, it seems that this new line of printer has caused them a few problems. Still think the CEO or President should get involved before this becomes a nightmare for them. This may just be the tip of the iceburg. I know several other companies that would have already done this.

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 5:34:56 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andy

I too had problems in the beginning too... However I feel it was a learning curve for one and a few mechanical issues. The firmware was a big help with the ink lines. For the last month I have NOT had any issues. I have well over 1500 shirts and bags. With any new equipment there will be issues and bugs in the software. I feel I made the right decision going with Anajet. Anajet like my company are going threw growing pains and there will be bumps in the road! IMHO

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 5:59:53 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by essigns
I too had problems in the beginning too... However I feel it was a learning curve for one and a few mechanical issues. The firmware was a big help with the ink lines. For the last month I have NOT had any issues. I have well over 1500 shirts and bags. With any new equipment there will be issues and bugs in the software. I feel I made the right decision going with Anajet. Anajet like my company are going threw growing pains and there will be bumps in the road! IMHO
Amen to that brother! I think we've all had our fair share of issues with the printer. IMHO...its a cut above anything else out there. Granted I've not researched all DTG's out there....but when compared to anything that runs on an epson based printhead.....believe me....this MP5 is a beast. Apparently you got yours to work on the new firmwear...mine doest like it. I just hate to hear a fellow colleague sound off like this in frustration and what appears to be a lack of service after the sale.

We had a recent similar experience with Kelli from Abilene, TX. Her printer never really ran form the first day. Through the forum we emailed each other and I reached out to a few people at Anajet and the next day she was getting a new printer and her old one was being taken back. I dont blame Jersey for at this point being out of patience. 25K isnt pocket money. There could be a happy ending to this however. Shoot me an email [email protected]sbcglobal.net. Got some info to give you to see if we can turn this ship around.

The Following User Says Thank You to onthespotgraphix For This Useful Post:
essigns (May 17th, 2012)
Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 6:09:14 PM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthespotgraphix
Amen to that brother! I think we've all had our fair share of issues with the printer. IMHO...its a cut above anything else out there. Granted I've not researched all DTG's out there....but when compared to anything that runs on an epson based printhead.....believe me....this MP5 is a beast. Apparently you got yours to work on the new firmwear...mine doest like it. I just hate to hear a fellow colleague sound off like this in frustration and what appears to be a lack of service after the sale.

We had a recent similar experience with Kelli from Abilene, TX. Her printer never really ran form the first day. Through the forum we emailed each other and I reached out to a few people at Anajet and the next day she was getting a new printer and her old one was being taken back. I dont blame Jersey for at this point being out of patience. 25K isnt pocket money. There could be a happy ending to this however. Shoot me an email [email protected]sbcglobal.net. Got some info to give you to see if we can turn this ship around.
BP where all your inks lights on GOOD before you updated the firmware?

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 6:26:32 PM -   #22 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ralph

If you leased this equipment DO NOT sign the final acceptance portion of the lease under any circumstances until your are 1000% happy with the equipment in house!

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 6:59:18 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I too had problems at first, but fortunately got excellent tech support. Its doing good now. I hope it gets better for you joe. Anajet should make this right, pronto. I'm still on the first firmware. Scared to move up and break the machine. From what I hear on the forum.

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 7:22:18 PM -   #24 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
I ask to speak to the CEO and I did not get to that day but the next day he called me. Been a loyal Corel guy ever since
I agree that is awesome customer service and the way it should be done. Personally, I think companies should go above and beyond to fix customer service issues at the 1st level of support. But you have to admit that your situation was the exception rather the the norm

My point was that if I got a bad Honda and asked to speak to the CEO, I'm not sure how far I'd get.

We don't know the whole story about how the conversation progressed or both sides of what's going on, so I'm not trying to make a judgment. Just that one point stuck out to me.

Old May 17th, 2012 May 17, 2012 9:32:39 PM -   #25 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Joe
do you know of other industry forums out there i can go post this info at?
Joe I know you think you've given Anajet enough time to satisfy you, but I can tell you DTG very rarely a "plug and play" operation. No matter how easy they make it seem or assurances by sales people ( who've never ran a machine in full production in their lives!), it will take months for the end user to get really proficient. Yes, I was printing the first weekend I got my Anajet, but it took me a while to really know what I was doing and not be ruining a high percentage of shirts. I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate gripe or that there may not be something really wrong in your situation, but looking for more places to post "this info at" will not help your case. When you are combative to tech support and use a tone such as you've used here, you can be sure that they are documenting all of that. I suggest that you try to give them as much room to help you, and document all the steps that are being taken (or not) so that this will work out better for you. Every step you take on the phone, in e-mail or here in these forums will either add or take away points.

You've got to believe that no company wants someone who is as dissatisfied as you seem to be. Demand satisfaction for sure... you deserve it as a customer, but not as an adversary

The Following User Says Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 7th, 2012)
Old May 18th, 2012 May 18, 2012 12:59:16 AM -   #26 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
... you deserve it as a customer, but not as an adversary
Agreed Z, that says it all.

Old May 19th, 2012 May 19, 2012 8:37:07 AM -   #27 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: K-DuB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Joe I know you think you've given Anajet enough time to satisfy you, but I can tell you DTG very rarely a "plug and play" operation. No matter how easy they make it seem or assurances by sales people ( who've never ran a machine in full production in their lives!), it will take months for the end user to get really proficient. Yes, I was printing the first weekend I got my Anajet, but it took me a while to really know what I was doing and not be ruining a high percentage of shirts. I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate gripe or that there may not be something really wrong in your situation, but looking for more places to post "this info at" will not help your case. When you are combative to tech support and use a tone such as you've used here, you can be sure that they are documenting all of that. I suggest that you try to give them as much room to help you, and document all the steps that are being taken (or not) so that this will work out better for you. Every step you take on the phone, in e-mail or here in these forums will either add or take away points.

You've got to believe that no company wants someone who is as dissatisfied as you seem to be. Demand satisfaction for sure... you deserve it as a customer, but not as an adversary

Couldn't agree more took the words out of my mouth.

Sometimes being an *** gets you hung up on... lol (been there done that, bought the t-shirt... ARR ARR).

I love my machine, glad I made the decision. There is a learning curve and its a newly designed machine. I understood that when making my decision and that there would be problems and updates for awhile. People I think don't understand that sometimes. But with that said it takes time and testing. Knowing that I could do that and suggest things for updates and knowing they are actively working on it.

When I got my machine it wouldn't turn on. I had a bad power supply. They next day'd one to me and apologized about 10 times. I was up and running the next morning.

As far as all these problems with firmware. I honestly think users aren't doing it correctly. I had no problems updating mine and am happy with the additions and I look forward to more updates.

This is how I updated my firmware and my theory....

So from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 they added ink percent available in each cartridge. Well the second you fire up your machine on 1.0.1 WITH ink cartridges in the machine it recognizes those as 1.0.1 cartridges and essentially programs those cartridges that way (gives them a memory). So if you try and use those on the new firmware 1.0.3 they can't be (for lack of a better word) re-programed to understand what percent of ink is available because those cartridges weren't programmed to know that in the first place. There isn't a scale in the machine weighing the cartridges to give you what percent or the amount of ink that is left. The firmware is finding that data based on giving each cartridges a memory or programming it, when you install a NEW cartridge.

Now hopefully that the firmware (1.0.3) is updated with how much ink is left we won't have to use new ink cartridges with each new version of firmware that comes out, cause that would be a bummer. The only reason I can see that having to happen is if they make an adjustment to the formula that calculates the percent of ink that is left. We shall wait and see.

I could be way off base with that theory...?? I dunno

So when upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3

I was out of white ink but all my others still seemed to have about 1/2 left. So I printed a bunch of prints just practicing and trying things (without white obviously).

1. Removed ALL ink cartridges (even the ones that wheren't empty.)
2. Updated the firmware to 1.0.3 (just as they described in the instructions)
3. The machine turns off automatically
4. STILL NO INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MACHINE.
5. Flipped the main power switch off (switch on the back of the machine)
6. I waited about 10 sec and flipped the main switch back on.
7. STILL NO INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MACHINE.
8. Powered the machine back up from the front panel. (It said v1.0.3 on the top of the screen after it was all booted up)
9. Then it showed no inks on the bottom of the panel (obviously).
10. Opened up new (still sealed in plastic) ink cartridges and installed them and it took about 2 sec as I put each cartridge in for the panel to recognize each one as GOOD.

Presto.

Now if I where to try and put those 1/2 used color ink cartridges back in the machine I would have problems errors because of my theory above.

I still have those 1/2 full color cartridges (and wasting ink would just suck) I'm just going to save them and if I get a bunch of NON white prints I need to do I can revert back to 1.0.1 (takes a matter of minutes) use those up. I even saved the empty white cartridges cause I will put those back in even though I won't be printing white so the machine doesn't suck any air and create self inflicted problems (which some users I feel enjoy doing that to themselves and then ***** about it later).

Anyway that's my rant on this subject.
BrendaPhoto likes this.

Last edited by kdub718; May 19th, 2012 at 08:52 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to kdub718 For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 7th, 2012)
Old May 19th, 2012 May 19, 2012 9:33:43 AM -   #28 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Chad

I would say the learning curve can be 2-3 months to get the best quality and technical abilities are a must. One of our very first orders were about 40 black shirts, front and back. We probably printed 80 by the time we had successful pre-treat prints, etc, that we would consider selling.

But we had to learn how to pre-treat and i am probably the only one that can pre-treat at the moment, just because I have developed my way I know that works. Others in the office can learn to pretreat, but I would need to give them 10-20 shirts and let them develop their way of treating.

I did 20+ pretreated shirts last weekend and only 1 was wasted and that was not a pre-treat issue it was a printer issue.

Yes the current MP owners are working thru issues, bugs, etc. and while I have a working printer it has not been without frustration and issues, and I am sure some more wil come up.

I feel you do need somewhat technical, logical out look on most issues to try and resolve yourself, alot of it is ruling one cause out and determining what else it could be.

These are all things anyone will probably experience and I have learned how to remedy:

Run cleaning carts to clean and re-fill lines
Clean the angle valves where the ink carts connect the print lines
Use the line purge / line fill functions
Remove air gaps in lines
Fix ink starvation in white dampers (due to ink separation)
Properly clean my print heads, maintenance station
Adjust print table/platen alignment (mine was slightly angled)
Weight ink cartridges to determine ink usage

There are probably some other things, but alot of those i have seen come up often.

There are bugs I have found in both the rip and printer firmware, and it would be nice for more frequent updates to both, so hopefully they are working on the updates. I think some updates to fix some bugs would reflect well on the MP systems and show that progress is being made. I do think they may have been released early but I also think they will get alot better.

Overall I like the Mp5 I have I think when it runs as it should, it is great, my prints across the board are better now than ever. Every issue is a learning experience for sure.

Without this forum and the people I have spoke with I would have probably been on the return/refund route as well. Others have provided great information, and there are many great topics with good information. I try to share what I have learned on this forum and with and others I speak to. I have people call me to ask about the printer and my experience.

Anyway, I look forward to the improvements that should be forthcoming with this system, and hope they ramp up all aspects of support/development soon at ANAJET so users can get the answers and fixes they need.

Because if the machines are not working we cant make money and provide a product, its that simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to killerwebs For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 7th, 2012)
Old May 19th, 2012 May 19, 2012 10:01:00 AM -   #29 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by essigns
BP where all your inks lights on GOOD before you updated the firmware?
My inks are all on GOOD until I update the firmwear. Then after I print the first shirt...some electronic glitch causes both WHITES and BLACK to display the COMM FAIL...and the CYAN shows WRITE ERROR.

Regardless of what cartridges I use....I get the same result....so I'm forced to stay at 1.0.1 firmwear.

My issue right now is the black ink line bleeding all over my prints with lines and nothing I do is resolving this.

Old May 20th, 2012 May 20, 2012 1:03:39 AM -   #30 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub718
1. Removed ALL ink cartridges (even the ones that wheren't empty.)
2. Updated the firmware to 1.0.3 (just as they described in the instructions)
3. The machine turns off automatically
4. STILL NO INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MACHINE.
5. Flipped the main power switch off (switch on the back of the machine)
6. I waited about 10 sec and flipped the main switch back on.
7. STILL NO INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MACHINE.
8. Powered the machine back up from the front panel. (It said v1.0.3 on the top of the screen after it was all booted up)
9. Then it showed no inks on the bottom of the panel (obviously).
10. Opened up new (still sealed in plastic) ink cartridges and installed them and it took about 2 sec as I put each cartridge in for the panel to recognize each one as GOOD.
Presto.
Interesting to hear you have got it to work by taking out the cartridges. We tried it firstly by switching the cartridges to new ones and then updating, had a few cartrigde read errors so we are back on 1.0.1. If that is the fool proof way of getting the cartridges to read correctly then I think Anajet should know about it so they can update their upgrade instructions.

Last edited by abhobden; May 20th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: quoted wrong again:)

This is a discussion about [Anajet] frustrated with my MP5 purchase from anajet that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in