[Anajet] Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother? - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 3rd, 2012 Jul 3, 2012 1:40:09 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLongtin
Yep! Standard CMYK graphic, nothing fancy. White shirts. You could go all the way to 14x18, but that's probably not a typical graphic.
Zoom - Send your graphic to me at [email protected]AnaJet.com. Any questions call me via the toll free line, 877 626 2538.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2012 Jul 3, 2012 10:20:24 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

zoom,
no matter how you slice it, this wont work.
he claims he'll keep the shirts. this probably means he will print with low quality, which you wont see in the clip he is going to share. you cannot tell if the print or graphic has no mistakes [aka banding..
he's got all the time inthe world to get the printer ready before taping..so its' pointless to show you nozzlechek and other steps

you dont ask for much when you mentioin the 3k shirt print because he claims its done every month. sounds highly unlikable they produce that number. As a result, he turns the original idea and makes a new one
and he opts out to do white shirts.

it all sounds too fishy

The Following User Says Thank You to reenatiger For This Useful Post:
stevegamble (July 4th, 2012)
Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 4:16:09 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

This production "real time info" Is best served from typical end users.
Multiples of them as not evreryone is efficient at their trade or maybe hobby.
part time vs full time.
so having a few end users report, even without video would be good with me.

Including, a report of typical down time each day for nozzel chk, flushes, bad prints due to banding and such,, then time to repair that situation.. and get going again.

then.. typical shirts per day. Then a report on their typical day.. 3-4 hours in morning.. 3-4 hours in afternoon ?
Not those crazy days os 12 hours of non stop with extra help.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevegamble For This Useful Post:
JoeLongtin (July 9th, 2012)

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 5:16:42 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenatiger
zoom,
he claims he'll keep the shirts. this probably means he will print with low quality, which you wont see in the clip he is going to share. you cannot tell if the print or graphic has no mistakes [aka banding..
he's got all the time inthe world to get the printer ready before taping..so its' pointless to show you nozzlechek and other steps

you dont ask for much when you mentioin the 3k shirt print because he claims its done every month. sounds highly unlikable they produce that number. As a result, he turns the original idea and makes a new one and he opts out to do white shirts.

it all sounds too fishy
Interesting - someone signs up anonymously without any information about their qualifications for making their accusations and it is their first and only message posted here on t-shirtforums and this person says someone else's message is fishy?

Look, I've had challenges with my MP5 so I'm not saying Anajet is perfect but these accusations for something that hasn't even been completed yet are totally baseless. Even if part of what reenatiger says is true, so what? We still will see a good example of the output that could be achieved with this printer. Maybe people won't be able to match the output in the real world but surely with experience they should be able to come close to Anajet's production rate and/or use it as a goal to improve their own production rate.

I'd suggest you build some credibility here before saying others sound "fishy" because frankly, your message is the one that sounds "fishy" to me.

Eric

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ericwin For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 8th, 2012), JoeLongtin (July 9th, 2012), MZDEELO (July 10th, 2012)
Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 5:55:25 AM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I agree why do white shirts vice black shirts.. that is the real test for a 20k machine.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 8:25:09 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: AJ

If I could give my 2 cents to this heated conversation please. I've been doing Heat Applied Graphics for over 30 years now. I still have yet to see a DTG Come even close to the Sharpness, Vibrancy, Vivid Colors of a Canon 550 color laser printer. That was until I proposed my question to all DTG makers. Which was...Can Your DTG Match My Heat Applied Graphics? Not only did the DTG Match My file, I was totally blow away with i'ts quality. The first thing I did was inspect my type. That is very important aspect of how sharp an Image is. I really care about how sharp a DTG can produce text. It Blew me out of the water! Now, which machine was this? well, it was actually 3 different ones. First and foremost was the DTG Viper(I know there are those that don't like the machine) With that said, I was very impressed with what it did. They did my file on a White Shirt, and a Black Shirt(they had to pre treat the black shirt) It was stunning! #2 Kornit Breeze was also stunning. The breeze has a pre-treat built into the unit. So you dont have to have a second pre-treating station like you would the Viper. #3 was a company called Melco which I see them advertise alot on here. the one in question was the Melco Jet G2. All of the DTG machines are very affordable under or around 19,000. The Kornit Breeze might be a tad more expensive. You guys are harping on speed. Speed is crucial if you are doing alot of shirts. Speed is good. I have seen both of the AnaJets and they are good and fast. So, that is my 2 cents for today! As far as fast goes. Viper can do 2 shirts at the same time. They are all fast.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 8:54:30 AM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

What a great and sometimes Heat exchange of ideas and solutions to this Phenomena called AnaJet. All to often we are enamored with the ADS. We get all "Warm And Comfy" with the Hype of this DTG or that DTG. All things that have Moving Parts will break-down or stop working. That is the nature of the beast. DTG are no exception. HP has all these great ads to get you to buy only HP but let your warranty expire and they don't even know you. So, be careful of the Hype. With all that said, I just recently Switch from doing Heat Applied Graphics to a DTG. It took a lot for me to switch over. The most pressing issue was How Sharp the Type was. I really care more about type than the graphics. Graphics are important heck, Type, Graphics, Vibrancy, Sharpness, are really important to me. I sent my file to 3 manufactures of DTG's. Anajet was not one of them! I sent my files to Viper, Kornit, Melco. I will be testing the New Brother this week. All came back in this order. Viper Hands down # 1, Kornit # 2(kornit has a built-in pre-wash) #3 Melco. I want to let you all in on a secret. Pre-treating a White Shirt is the key. It makes the Image really Pop out. I know what you are thinking.."You only Pre-treat Blacks to lay down the white underbase" Which is so true. But, using the Pre-Treat on whites too will give it that extra Pop. Will you or can you notice the difference between a Pre-Treated White vs a non treated white? yeah there is a difference there. I will say this about the bother machines...They don't get the press that the Anajets, or Vipers, or Melco get but, from what I have been told they are reliable machines. That is what I've been told. Only time will tell when I look at them next week.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 8:57:59 AM -   #53 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

What a great and sometimes Heat exchange of ideas and solutions to this Phenomena called AnaJet. All to often we are enamored with the ADS. We get all "Warm And Comfy" with the Hype of this DTG or that DTG. All things that have Moving Parts will break-down or stop working. That is the nature of the beast. DTG are no exception. HP has all these great ads to get you to buy only HP but let your warranty expire and they don't even know you. So, be careful of the Hype. With all that said, I just recently Switch from doing Heat Applied Graphics to a DTG. It took a lot for me to switch over. The most pressing issue was How Sharp the Type was. I really care more about type than the graphics. Graphics are important heck, Type, Graphics, Vibrancy, Sharpness, are really important to me. I sent my file to 3 manufactures of DTG's. Anajet was not one of them! I sent my files to Viper, Kornit, Melco. I will be testing the New Brother this week. All came back in this order. Viper Hands down # 1, Kornit # 2(kornit has a built-in pre-wash) #3 Melco. I want to let you all in on a secret. Pre-treating a White Shirt is the key. It makes the Image really Pop out. I know what you are thinking.."You only Pre-treat Blacks to lay down the white underbase" Which is so true. But, using the Pre-Treat on whites too will give it that extra Pop. Will you or can you notice the difference between a Pre-Treated White vs a non treated white? yeah there is a difference there. I will say this about the bother machines...They don't get the press that the Anajets, or Vipers, or Melco get but, from what I have been told they are reliable machines. That is what I've been told. Only time will tell when I look at them next week.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 8:58:07 AM -   #54 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenatiger
zoom,

you dont ask for much when you mentioin the 3k shirt print because he claims its done every month. sounds highly unlikable they produce that number. As a result, he turns the original idea and makes a new one
and he opts out to do white shirts.

it all sounds too fishy
I've been printing DTG for 5 years so I do know what to look for...... For "realities" sake I realize that printing on the lowest resolution at the lowest interweave will not be for every job and probably not for most jobs. I'm not worried about Joe tricking me in the video. I DO want to see a room view of 2 guys pumping out (print and curring) 25 shirts as fast as possible. I'm thrilled that they are willing to do this. I don't see a point in them wasting this opportunity to show us.... not to mention 25 shirts with a really ugly design

Last edited by zoom_monster; July 4th, 2012 at 09:45 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
JoeLongtin (July 9th, 2012), MZDEELO (July 10th, 2012)
Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 9:11:09 AM -   #55 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Here is my 2 cents while 2 cent is worth 2 cents in the USA Happy 4th

I went to the NBM show to buy a New Brother, and did not buy anything. I started looking at the M10 and Neo.
The test print file to ask all to print was the reason I still have not bought a white ink printer. I am a happy GT541 owner for the last 4 years and have sold many Little Sister Systems to other Brother owners and hope to sell many more.
I was not impressed with the test printed shirts that Brother did for me. I hope they get it figured out soon and I'm sure they will with Mark and Matt advicing them.
Then I looked at Anajet M 10 The sales girl pushed me hard and even wrote up a contract for me to sign. She handed it to me and walked away. She never returned to me after I made 3 visits back to her booth. Bad sign!!! During those 3 visits Chuck a user not a sales person tried his best to print my test print without Banning. The Banning was on all 5 shirts he printed after many head cleanings. $35,000 Grand --- NOT. Machine look really good, but banning NOT.

Then I went to Neo flex. Test print was awesome.
People seem to care about getting me answers to hard questions. I am not a newbie. I am still investagating the replacment part issues I was told about by by other printer companies. I am also waiting for test prints on Glass using the solvent heads.

Will buy within the next few months if test go as I need them to.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 9:19:00 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegamble
This production "real time info" Is best served from typical end users.
Multiples of them as not evreryone is efficient at their trade or maybe hobby.
part time vs full time.
so having a few end users report, even without video would be good with me.

Including, a report of typical down time each day for nozzel chk, flushes, bad prints due to banding and such,, then time to repair that situation.. and get going again.

then.. typical shirts per day. Then a report on their typical day.. 3-4 hours in morning.. 3-4 hours in afternoon ?
Not those crazy days os 12 hours of non stop with extra help.
Steve,
I could not agree more. Most jobs for dtg are very short run, so whether or not I can do 100 shirts in an hour of one design is only "academic". However, If you look at the implications of doing 25 shirts(a pretty standard large run for DTG) in a quarter hour verses close to and hour, then the wholsale price comes down to a more "market reasonable" price. If (as they say) this new technology is less intensive from the reliability and maintenance perspective of the epson standard out there, then we are indeed "moving ahead".

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 1:23:31 PM -   #57 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix
I agree why do white shirts vice black shirts.. that is the real test for a 20k machine.
few reasons , its easier to do white
you dont worry about your white inks and pretreatment. that being said, you save time when you dont print a white layer. theres less time to cure for white shirt.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 1:32:09 PM -   #58 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

from eric 'We still will see a good example of the output that could be achieved with this printer.'

quality and speed is what we consumers are looking for. afterall, thats what anajet is promoting the product to produce

therefore, the output has to be of quality. who wants to buy an bad printed shirt from your business? you can bake an enormous amount of cookies, but if they dont taste good, no one will buy them. speed is not the only key

so printing a bad product and then drafting a doc about it doesnt prove much. itd be best to leave it to the consumers to their numbers
and please do share

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 2:49:09 PM -   #59 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

That is funny anajet's own both could not print without banding. LOL maybe they should call their own tech support and they can go through the same carp we do. Blame it on the humidity and cleaning.

Old July 4th, 2012 Jul 4, 2012 3:19:36 PM -   #60 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

They cleaned and recleaned and still the banning was big time.

This is a discussion about Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother? that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in