[Anajet] Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother? - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 6:19:21 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifighter11
I fully agree with you over time getting a viper or other pretreat system would be perfect in a perfect world. But when money gets tight and you can't afford to buy the best you have to do what you can to still achieve customer satisfaction. For me when I did my research for dtg printers and finally decided on Anajet. I paid cash for my printer. I didn't want to take out a loan I didn't want the pressure of have to make money to pay back a loan. I got this to do my church a favor because I saw a need. I didn't realize how big of a demand it was or how fast it would become a stand a loan business. So I am new to all this been doing this since February of this year. I am bound to make stupid mistakes. Lol. That's why I read this forum.
OK, In this situation, I can see it.
A part time (extra cash) Hobby business.

A full time business where you have a few employees or more.. would warrant equipment that is (a little) fool proof.. set dial to XYZ and push button type thing.

When payroll to staff is $3900 every week, you have a business and need to watch manage time/money etc..
Equipment that saves time and produces consistent results, has to be looked at.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 6:47:21 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegamble
Pretreat, ViperOne or Lawsons= $3900, no more guessing, no mess, efficient use less$ wasted, my gosh.. in the grand scheme it is pennies. My headaches and time are worth that in few days or a week, paid for.

I'm on here looking for feedback from good business owners/printers taking what they say to heart.. then read standing in front of $3 shirt spraying it with a gun wearing gloves and a mask..lol (get back on my chair here).. seriously anyone making a business of this will buy ALL the right equipment to make for smooth transition in Good DTG quality printing.
$25 - $35 K + $3900 is not a Huge deal.... ruining 1 customers experience due to bad treat or cure is Huge deal. In my business.
Just one persons opinion here...
At AnaJet, we pretreat shirts using the wagner for short runs but for large quantities we use the Viper. Both will give you great results.

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 6:50:17 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

I too love the new 2.0 rip software. It has some awesome features. And some still lack in how well the work. (ink levels). It would be nicer with a percent instead of a good
You CAN check the ink percentage levels on your mPower. Hit the menu button and then select Ink Levels.

The Following User Says Thank You to MZDEELO For This Useful Post:
stevegamble (June 28th, 2012)

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 6:58:01 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZDEELO
You CAN check the ink percentage levels on your mPower. Hit the menu button and then select Ink Levels.
Yeah but it would be easier just to see it on the screen all the time. But I'm prob just one of the few that want it that way. Lol

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 7:33:49 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix
The argument would be if they did they would have to raise prices..blah blah.. if they made a darn good machine this wouldnt be an issue.
Well as of last month apparently the prices have gone up about 15% I am told by a dealer.
So.. due to what ?

Newer model (fixes)?
Cover extra, unexpected repairs ?
I got no explanation, just that New pricing on units being built now.

Old June 28th, 2012 Jun 28, 2012 8:11:18 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Andy

Quote:
you know I havent had any issue with my mpower until recently last 3 weeks. Even with the issues my printer has been rock solid. I think that if the techs would of listened to me the first time I called when I told them what it was doing they could of sent me out the right part and the issues that followed would of never happened. But instead they guessed wrong on the ink slot controller when they should of sent me a chip reader. If I understood the parts that went into the printer better I could of told them what part to send. It would also be nice if they assign on tech to you instead of the ten people I talked to. Yeah write notes but some people take bad notes or don't put every thing in the notes. For me it made it harder because everytime I called them they wanted me to do the same thing over and over. I still believe that Anajet is a good company and I will buy again but will wait until they have field tested the product more. One thing is for sure when these issues Arise again I at least can tell them what it is.

I too love the new 2.0 rip software. It has some awesome features. And some still lack in how well the work. (ink levels). It would be nicer with a percent instead of a good

One thing I have notice that people with mpower 5 seem to have more issues. Especially with ink colors. The mpower 10 has one print head for each color. So it's less color issues. But not sure if the 3 extra print heads are worth a extra $10,000.

Still over all I am very happy with the mpower 5. Can't wait to get it back and try out the new software color controls.

Only thing I'm not happy with is how the pretreatment is applied. The Wagner sprayer sucks. The spray pattern isnt even. And buying a pretreat booth is so expensive. But I think I found the answer and once my printer is back and it works I will share it.
Hey Scifighter that was not aimed at you at all! I agree about the techs. When I had my problem early on I kind of had the same round around. It's funny I'm the one who figures the maintenance station was screwed up.

I’m not digging the Black and yellow problem. When doing orange I can get about 25 shirts (or prints) before I have to do a level one cleaning as a safety precaution…

On the pretreat I bit the bullet and bought a Viper One. Love it!!!! Easy and very consistent. I've done close to 500 just white shirts for 2 local businesses and they love them... I was looking at the long run for consistent pretreat that my 13 year can do...

Hey give me a call sometime if you have time you can get my number off Facebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to essigns For This Useful Post:
MZDEELO (June 29th, 2012)
Old June 29th, 2012 Jun 29, 2012 9:01:13 AM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by essigns
Hey Scifighter that was not aimed at you at all! I agree about the techs. When I had my problem early on I kind of had the same round around. It's funny I'm the one who figures the maintenance station was screwed up.

I’m not digging the Black and yellow problem. When doing orange I can get about 25 shirts (or prints) before I have to do a level one cleaning as a safety precaution…

On the pretreat I bit the bullet and bought a Viper One. Love it!!!! Easy and very consistent. I've done close to 500 just white shirts for 2 local businesses and they love them... I was looking at the long run for consistent pretreat that my 13 year can do...

Hey give me a call sometime if you have time you can get my number off Facebook.
Hey Andy I didn't take it that way at all. In fact I had to go back and re read the post. Lol. Yeah def will call. Always like talking to fellow dtg printers and graphic professionals.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scifighter11 For This Useful Post:
essigns (June 29th, 2012)
Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 9:10:46 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe

Excellent thread, I just wanted to throw out where we are getting speed/times from. It's not engineering, it's not marketing, it's not hype from Karl's imagination.

It's SGIA's digital equipment evaluations. They have technically reviewed and tested our printers.

If you are a member you can download the Digital Equipment Evaluation on the mP10, the SPRINT and the FP-125. We respect their copyright so I have not posted the report on our web site. T-Shirt Blog post here: SGIA evaluates AnaJet mPower Direct to garment printer | Blog | Defining Digital Apparel Printers | AnaJet

SGIA timed the mP10 for a sample 11x12 digital-quality graphic at 13 seconds, in production mode - a single pass, saleable print. We time it more conservatively at 16 seconds, because we measure from the moment that the operator pushes "print." They measured from the moment that the print heads began to move.

So a skilled mP10 operator, with another operator driving the two heat presses can definitely load, print and press 100 shirts with this size graphic, at this setting, in one hour. That's a reasonable rate of one and two-thirds shirts per minute. Basically you're taking longer to load and unload the shirt than the print pass takes.

Is everyone on t-shirtforums likely to require that level of speed - or have staff that can operate it at peak output? Depends. How strong is your marketing? How efficient is your shop? The printer has the stuff when you need it. There may come a day when you need its full capacity. There are owners who do.

AnaJet itself relies on a handful of 10s to bang out over 3,000 prints per month (samples, training, testing, demos) but this is a drop in the bucket compared to the big players.

The Following User Says Thank You to JoeLongtin For This Useful Post:
cochise (July 8th, 2012)
Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 10:09:13 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well spped means nothing if the machine doesnt print consistenly

Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 11:13:17 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLongtin

So a skilled mP10 operator, with another operator driving the two heat presses can definitely load, print and press 100 shirts with this size graphic, at this setting, in one hour. That's a reasonable rate of one and two-thirds shirts per minute. Basically you're taking longer to load and unload the shirt than the print pass takes.
Basically this is the problem with the "published" reports is they do not take the big picture into account. Loading, unloading, pushing the button, waiting for spits and wipes and maintenance, walking to the heatpress and back, and other factors.... are never factored in. If you can comfortably print half that, then the price of admission is worth it. I would challenge you to not tell us but to show us how it works in the real world.

Please post a video of a production run. A 7 1/2 minute vid, going balls-to-the_wall should do.....

PS I'm not saying that you should not tell us the ultimate. I just want people understand the qualified data and for us to be able to smile for all the right reasons

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
JoeLongtin (July 2nd, 2012), sodrisc (July 2nd, 2012)
Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 12:13:13 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
Basically this is the problem with the "published" reports is they do not take the big picture into account. Loading, unloading, pushing the button, waiting for spits and wipes and maintenance, walking to the heatpress and back, and other factors.... are never factored in. If you can comfortably print half that, then the price of admission is worth it. I would challenge you to not tell us but to show us how it works in the real world.

Please post a video of a production run. A 7 1/2 minute vid, going balls-to-the_wall should do.....

PS I'm not saying that you should not tell us the ultimate. I just want people understand the qualified data and for us to be able to smile for all the right reasons
Zoom thanks for the _excellent idea_. Please send me a PM with one or two graphics you want to see reproduced. (We'll keep the prints.) We'll try to configure a fair use case scenario and record the whole thing.

Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 3:42:19 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Hi Joe,

I was thinking a camera just filming the 3K shirts you do on a monthy basis would do well to demonstrate this. Having people see an efficient shop layout and a couple of workers really hustling would be very telling.

You're a marketing guy.... how about a web cam... an Mpower peepshow with a motion sensor?

Sorry, Not that watching a printer is good entertainment, but seeing a team take a machine to it's limit or just cruising, producing 100 to $200 wholesale profit per hour would have great value.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoom_monster For This Useful Post:
JoeLongtin (July 2nd, 2012), kdub718 (July 2nd, 2012)
Old July 2nd, 2012 Jul 2, 2012 4:16:05 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I was thinking a camera just filming the 3K shirts you do on a monthy basis would do well to demonstrate this...
Nah. We've got the plan already worked out from your first idea - just need an image or two. Go ahead and post it or PM it. People are going to flock to this video.

Someday maybe we'll have a dedicated shop area for a concept like you describe. Or a live upload and print link for prospective customers who want to see their graphic. Can't open the kimono just yet.

Old July 3rd, 2012 Jul 3, 2012 6:36:09 AM -   #44 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLongtin
Nah. We've got the plan already worked out from your first idea - just need an image or two. Go ahead and post it or PM it. People are going to flock to this video.

Someday maybe we'll have a dedicated shop area for a concept like you describe. Or a live upload and print link for prospective customers who want to see their graphic. Can't open the kimono just yet.

OK. Will do. So you are going to do a production run?

Old July 3rd, 2012 Jul 3, 2012 9:45:43 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
OK. Will do. So you are going to do a production run?
Yep! Standard CMYK graphic, nothing fancy. White shirts. You could go all the way to 14x18, but that's probably not a typical graphic.

We're going to print 25 shirts for this order to show folks how to make $200 in 20 minutes, end to end. We'll include a nozzle check, checking ink levels, maybe shake the whites... fast forward through most of the process.

We'll start recording Monday, hopefully have something put together a few days later.

This is a discussion about Should I go with Anajet or wait for Brother? that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in