[Anajet] Humidity Problems. Fixed the Problem! - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Humidity Problems. Fixed the Problem!

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 17th, 2011 Jul 17, 2011 2:25:53 PM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Humidity Problems. Fixed the Problem!

Look for one similar to this. Mine has a wick and a larger tank. This is good for not having to fill the tank more than once per day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graphic1.jpg (1.27 MB, 72 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2011 Jul 17, 2011 4:30:16 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

this is a good idea, but why not take it a step further by getting a humidifier large enough for your work area. you can set the humidifier to a specific setting and it will turn on automatically when needed. this way you and the printer can work in a comfortable environment without covering things up.

Old July 17th, 2011 Jul 17, 2011 5:50:36 PM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhog
I appreciate the reply. That is the technology I need but that particular machine is overkill. 9 times the square footage I have in my printer area. .

What you will find is that the larger size humidifier does an effective job in smaller areas. The recommended humidity level in the space you have your printer in should be at least 50%. Many of the smaller humidifiers on the market that list being able to humidify a certain size small area are unable to get the humidity in that area to that level. It is much better to have a system that will go on and off as needed then one that has to run constantly to keep up.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old July 18th, 2011 Jul 18, 2011 8:11:50 AM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by equipmentzone
What you will find is that the larger size humidifier does an effective job in smaller areas. The recommended humidity level in the space you have your printer in should be at least 50%. Many of the smaller humidifiers on the market that list being able to humidify a certain size small area are unable to get the humidity in that area to that level. It is much better to have a system that will go on and off as needed then one that has to run constantly to keep up.

Harry
Equipment Zone
This is a good point. The one I have has a fan speed as well as a threshold adjustment. You want the measuring device near your Anajet (within a foot or 2 and at the level of the print head. The humidifier can be a few feet away preferably at floor level. You need a unit that can recover from people coming in and out of the print area and not necessarily be running constantly to achieve that.

In my case 35 to 40% is adequate for continuous printing. Your threshold may be different depending on your environment. A little "overkill" will mean that the unit will be able to hold the line without going constantly and be able to recover quickly from incursion of dry air.

Old July 19th, 2011 Jul 19, 2011 2:35:51 AM -   #35 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_monster
This is a good point. The one I have has a fan speed as well as a threshold adjustment. You want the measuring device near your Anajet (within a foot or 2 and at the level of the print head. The humidifier can be a few feet away preferably at floor level. You need a unit that can recover from people coming in and out of the print area and not necessarily be running constantly to achieve that.

In my case 35 to 40% is adequate for continuous printing. Your threshold may be different depending on your environment. A little "overkill" will mean that the unit will be able to hold the line without going constantly and be able to recover quickly from incursion of dry air.

We strongly recommend keeping your humidity level at a minimum 40% to 50%. You should also have a humidity gauge (hygrometer) right near your printer to keep an eye on the humidity level. They are relatively inexpensive. You can get a digital one at Home Depot or Lowes for $10 to $15.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old December 6th, 2011 Dec 6, 2011 5:07:13 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Do you make these covers for the Anajet? If so, I would like to purchase one for my Anajet Sprint. Email me at: [email protected]cleanfunpromo.com

thanks!
Paul Fusch

Old December 7th, 2011 Dec 7, 2011 1:18:42 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Keith

We have the same issues here in Michigan, and short of building a small print room, which is a popular solution, we use a shower curtain over the face of the printer, and keep a couple damp sponges inside the printer. That keeps us at 55%-60% at all times, but winter is starting to ramp up, and like the original poster, we too started in September and haven't made it through a full winter yet. Humidity is hard to keep up while keeping the building heated. We have a large humidifier running here as well, to try to help while the printer is in operation.

Old December 9th, 2011 Dec 9, 2011 2:35:42 PM -   #38 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Bob

go to WalMart get a Grill Cover wprk great

Old December 10th, 2011 Dec 10, 2011 11:40:18 AM -   #39 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Bob

Walmart a grill cover work great

Old January 6th, 2012 Jan 6, 2012 9:03:12 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Siege

I too have always had an issue of keeping the humidity at the correct percentage. After reading the extremely helpful posts from everyone, I immediately covered the machine with the original plastic my AnaJet Sprint machine came with followed by placing a tupperware filled half way with water and a cut up t-shirt fabric absorbed into the water inside within the plastic and it dramatically raised the humidity from 30% to 50+%. Thank you all so much for the tips. This allows me a bit more time to search the correct humidifier at a home improvement store to help with maintaning the levels correctly.

Old January 6th, 2012 Jan 6, 2012 9:20:29 PM -   #41 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegeINK
I too have always had an issue of keeping the humidity at the correct percentage. After reading the extremely helpful posts from everyone, I immediately covered the machine with the original plastic my AnaJet Sprint machine came with followed by placing a tupperware filled half way with water and a cut up t-shirt fabric absorbed into the water inside within the plastic and it dramatically raised the humidity from 30% to 50+%. Thank you all so much for the tips. This allows me a bit more time to search the correct humidifier at a home improvement store to help with maintaning the levels correctly.

Still the humidifier I would recommend:

5.5-Gallon Whole House Console Humidifier-4D7 800 at The Home Depot

Harry
Equipment Zone

Old January 6th, 2012 Jan 6, 2012 9:37:20 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you Harry, I will definitely take a look if I can find one at a home improvement store this weekend. All the posts helped extremely as it finally started getting colder here in Miami, FL and I wanted to protect the machine and the print heads.

Old January 7th, 2012 Jan 7, 2012 2:39:15 AM -   #43 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegeINK
Thank you Harry, I will definitely take a look if I can find one at a home improvement store this weekend. All the posts helped extremely as it finally started getting colder here in Miami, FL and I wanted to protect the machine and the print heads.

I believe that one is only available online. But they do give you free shipping.

Harry
Equipment Zone

_

Old January 7th, 2012 Jan 7, 2012 3:53:38 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

How quick doe that humidify your room, I was able to grab a honewell today place it underneath the plastic with the AnaJet and it keeps the RH at 75%, but obviously I'll need to get the room above 45% when in use. Currently I have the machine in an open, vaulted ceiling room about 1100 sq ft. So while this is a great solution for the machine in idle I have not tested it yet within the space.

Old January 7th, 2012 Jan 7, 2012 4:37:21 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: David

You don't have to worry about it when the printer is in use. The ink is flowing at that point and won't dry. It's only when the printer is idle that you need to worry about it.

This is a discussion about Humidity Problems. Fixed the Problem! that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in