[Anajet] Why shouldn't I buy the Anajet - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] Why shouldn't I buy the Anajet

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 15th, 2010 Jun 15, 2010 12:40:34 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why shouldn't I buy the Anajet

Wow, I just received a call from AnaJet Corporate. Apparently the owner has been so concerned about threads like this and some of the bad press that AnaJet is getting of late that they've completely re-organized with the customer in mind. The CEO of Anajet has brought back some of the older employees and created a number of new customer service oriented positions. I'm told that according to the CEO's briefing to all hands, it's not about the money, but it's about pride. All employees, especially Tech Support, have been informed that AnaJet is going back to the original values of having a dependable machine that has OUTSTANDING technical support which the owner felt has not been the clear objective for the past year or so. And to that end, they have given Tech Support more authority when it comes to solving your individual problems. Long story short, they want to hear from any of you who are not using your machines or have any outstanding problems, and make happy owners out of you. Seems like it's worth a try for those who are not happy or not using their machines.

This is a bunch of malarky they care about nothing but money for something that would cost them a few dollars they leave me with a bitter taste and the urge to tell everyone who asks not to buy or trust Anajet. I see my posts are being deleted because I tell the truth. Karl posts that they will help but they back off when you try to get help, not even a phone call hope they enjoyed my money never get another dime from me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2010 Jun 15, 2010 1:05:34 PM -   #47 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,113 Times in 847 Posts

Sorry you've had a bad experience. I've had mine for almost 2 years, and I'm still on the original printhead and capping station. AnaJet has always been very helpful when I call, and I would buy another printer from them if I could.

Old June 15th, 2010 Jun 15, 2010 1:20:19 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I love the way the machine printed and was planning on buying another one until I began to have problems and it was money, money, money then they send email about refrub and then back away from that with the discounts that most companies the size of Anajet get they could have refurbed my machine for a small amout kept me happy and buying ink and supplies and even possibly another machine but they chose to say hit the highway we don't want you as a customer. I am bitter and upset at their treament of me and ask why help some and not others. The CEO comes out with his pledge but it is as worhless as a politican's speech I'm for you yeah right!

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 12:15:10 PM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Don,
AnaJet is offering a free refurbishment for customers currently under warranty, an additional 6 months have also been extended on this. This is not available for customers who have purchased a used machine from a private party unless they have purchased a warranty. Customers in this situation can receive the Refurbishment for 50% discount. I believe you purchased a used printer. AnaJet tries to do its best for all but when you buy something used the same things apply across the board, cars, computers, etc. Please feel free to contact Paul Green at AnaJet about your issue and see what can be done for you if you feel that 50% is unfair to you.

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 1:53:33 PM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

It was a brand new machine I bought from a company that bought 4 and when the economy tanked they sold 2 of them. If I buy a used car with warranty left it is honored but not with Anajet why should I have to pay for the right thing to be done. Why do they not want me as a customer, I guarantee that I can be as postive as I am negative and thought thru all the talks I had with Anajet that they were a company with integerity and ethics but I was wrong. If they would just fix this machine I would be glad to help them promote. I only want to be able to print not look at it sitting there doing nothing. I was excited when Anajet started moving in the direction of customer service and thought man this thing is going to rock, but once again boat sank.

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 3:14:57 PM -   #51 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildindian
........I guarantee that I can be as postive as I am negative and thought thru all the talks I had with Anajet that they were a company with integerity and ethics but I was wrong. If they would just fix this machine I would be glad to help them promote.....
Don,
I can understand your frustration. However, I think that you've made at least a couple of decisions here that are working against you. If you purchased a second-hand machine at a discount(from a 3rd party) and you are offered a refurb at a discount, you should consider taking Anajet up on their offer and not bad talking a company that you know very little about...based on you having a problem. I have had my machine for over 3 years and in MHO, you are mistaken about the "integrity and ethics" of this company, and by spending time venting in this forum, you are making it more difficult for you to realize a return on your investment

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 3:23:40 PM -   #52 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You are right I did make a bad decision, buying an Anajet. The only reason I am upset is that the machine was brand new in the box never had a print. You may have been in this for a while but I'm telling you that in 42 YEARS this is the worst I have ever been treated by a company. I'm glad that you are printing w/o problems but does not have anything to do with my problem. Sure I'm venting and will continue to do so because I have been treated unfairly, and until you walk a mile in a person's shoes don't try to tell them how they should act or feel in a situation.

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 6:27:19 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 1,113 Times in 847 Posts

how can AnaJet support a printer that they did not sell? just because you show zero prints doesn't mean that something wasn't damaged in the process of getting the printer to you from the other company. AnaJet has offered to refurb your machine at a reduced cost and yet you still complain about their ethics? this doesn't add up. are you upset that your machine that you paid $$$ for doesn't work??? absolutely! buy why then would you risk so much of your hard earned money and buy 2nd hand? you didn't buy directly from AnaJet, so the resolution to your problem should be handled through the people who sold you the printer. bash them for selling you a printer that doesn't work, not AnaJet.

i bought my AnaJet too long ago to take advantage of this refurb offer, so personally, i think you're foolish to not take advantage of this opportunity. then you can start making some money for yourself. we run a 6 figure business with AnaJet as our workhorse, and their tech support has been top notch. but again, THEY sold me the printer, not some unlicensed print shop that sold something they didn't need.

for you own sake, i hope you get your issue resolved, but i have to side with Ian on this one.

Old June 16th, 2010 Jun 16, 2010 8:32:41 PM -   #54 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Glad you are making money with your printer. My comapny makes money been in this business 42 years and have bought much equipment, and will probaly buy more. My problem is that Anajet produced a machine with problems that need to be resolved. Firmware 89 cleanings in 24 prints my word more ink in waste tank than on shirts, waste tank would not empty because no hole had been drilled for waste line, lines clogged first day and had to buy replacements, machine shuts off in middle of print cycle and lose shirt, #8 never printed a drop of ink, damper stripped had to buy new damper, etc. The machine was still sealed in the Anajet box when I purchased it. It would probaly cost Anajet $100 to pick up refurb and ship back this printer and for that they would have had loyal customer, but they chose to say no after sending email. I will get it going and make money with it but Anajet will not get my money for ink, pretreatment or anything else I can buy somewhere else. If Anajet had the courtsey to call and talk to me instead of releasing information in a public forum it would have been much better. Anajet not only violated my warranty they also violated my privacy by revealing information about me in a public forum. As I said before you think you know it all but until you sink 18,000 bucks into a machine that does nothing you don't know how I feel so walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me off.

The Following User Says Thank You to wildindian For This Useful Post:
son.of.a.fish (June 17th, 2010)
Old November 23rd, 2010 Nov 23, 2010 2:47:47 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Former Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildindian
Glad you are making money with your printer. My comapny makes money been in this business 42 years and have bought much equipment, and will probaly buy more. My problem is that Anajet produced a machine with problems that need to be resolved. Firmware 89 cleanings in 24 prints my word more ink in waste tank than on shirts, waste tank would not empty because no hole had been drilled for waste line, lines clogged first day and had to buy replacements, machine shuts off in middle of print cycle and lose shirt, #8 never printed a drop of ink, damper stripped had to buy new damper, etc. The machine was still sealed in the Anajet box when I purchased it. It would probaly cost Anajet $100 to pick up refurb and ship back this printer and for that they would have had loyal customer, but they chose to say no after sending email. I will get it going and make money with it but Anajet will not get my money for ink, pretreatment or anything else I can buy somewhere else. If Anajet had the courtsey to call and talk to me instead of releasing information in a public forum it would have been much better. Anajet not only violated my warranty they also violated my privacy by revealing information about me in a public forum. As I said before you think you know it all but until you sink 18,000 bucks into a machine that does nothing you don't know how I feel so walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me off.
I visited AnaJet at an open house to speak with them before I bought their product. They had a 3 hour show and tell, then showed me how to use it. I met the tech support managers, who showed me what to expect. I have had no problems to date, because I was informed on what to expect.

I think some things have changed within the company, maybe you should try them again. It beats having a boat anchor.

The Following User Says Thank You to MantisMB For This Useful Post:
Geraldine64 (February 12th, 2011)
Old November 27th, 2010 Nov 27, 2010 9:31:36 AM -   #56 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I bought an Anajet sprint in February this year and I totally regretted it.

It has always give me problems since day 1 like banding issues, misalignment issues and auto system maintenance issues. None of them has been solved for me.

I have changed about 4 printheads in 6 months. The latest printhead is giving me banding problems for cyan after 1 month. The technical support tells me they have heard of magenta banding but not cyan banding so they do not know what is happenign and suggest to me that I have to change the printhead again.

When I print on dark shirts, the white underbase and colour ink do not lie perfectly on top of each other. I have sent the printer back to repair it and they told me they had no problems with it. After it was sent back to me, I had the same problem. So, the technical support came down and they saw it with their own eyes the misalignment and they could not fix it on the spot themselves. Up till this day, I still have this problem.

During printing of my garments regardless if its light or dark garments, the printer will sometimes go into auto system maintenance halfway. The problem comes in when after it finish its maintenance and prints again. There will be 1cm of the image that is printed darker than the rest of the image. For example, if the picture is 10cm. The printer may print 5cm of it then go into auto system maintenance, then continue to print. the 5th to 6th cm will be printed much darker than the rest of the image. 7th to 10th cm will be the original colour that was first printed. Due to this, I have to throw away the shirt because of this problem. I have told support about this and they said it is normal for anajet to have this auto system maintenance. Up till now, I am still having this problem.

I totally hate this machine and I wish I have never bought it.

Old August 14th, 2011 Aug 14, 2011 5:41:20 AM -   #57 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: adam

2011 update; Anajet SPRINT reliability.

The SPRINT that I have is not reliable. It is my second SPRINT in three months.

The first SPRINT had mechanical problems. AJ sent me a new unit.

The second SPRINT had a major print head issue after about a month and AJ sent a new print head.

The second print head is having issues with channels 3, 5 and 6. I was able to clear 5 and 6. Channel 3 is hosed no matter how many ink charges I perform with cleaning fluid.

Yes I've diagnosed every possibility to determine location of clog which would include swapping ink lines. It is in the head.

Humidity is generally between 50%-60%. I've done everything according to the book and tips from this forum. But still have an unreliable printer.

The tech support folks are nice and knowledgeable but the printer itself is unreliable.

AJ Tech support probably wonders why so many of us in the field have a problem when their training printers never fail. Well, that's because their printers are in a CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT 24/7 unlike those of us end-users in the field where temp and humidity constantly varies.

This is a discussion about Why shouldn't I buy the Anajet that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in