[Anajet] High ink cost and wholesale pricing - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Ricoh DTG
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Ricoh DTG owners.
Sponsored by: Ricoh DTG

[Anajet] High ink cost and wholesale pricing

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 21st, 2009 Nov 21, 2009 8:01:03 AM -   #31 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Harry
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 922 Posts

Default Re: High ink cost and wholesale pricing

This thread was about the cost of ink using the Anajet ink cartridges. The information on the ink costs is correct as it applies to the Anajet printers.

The vast majority of digital direct to garment printers in the marketplace use bulk ink bottle systems. The ink costs for these printers will always be less then cartridge or bag systems. One thing that should be considered when evaluating ink costs for cartridge systems is that up to 10% of the ink is left inside when the cartridge reads empty. You can also purchase ink in larger volume sizes for greater savings with bulk bottle systems. For example, we carry inks in 125 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 liter and 2 liter bottles. The larger the bottle the less per milliliter. Cartridges or bag systems generally come in only one smaller size.

With regard to the performance of the systems - we have found that our bulk ink bottle systems work extremely well. We feel they represent the optimum ink delivery system, both in terms of operation and ink cost. The market place seems to agree since the cartridge and bag systems represent a very small segment of the printers in use worldwide. To say that the only reason distributors sell bulk ink bottles is because they "do not need to mess with the ink what so ever" is a groundless statement. Any searching of the T-Shirt Forum will come up with many threads reporting issues with both cartridge and bag systems. In fact, with proper maintenance and use, any of the digital garment printer brands out there can deliver good performance, using any ink delivery system. The one fact that does not change is that the ink cost for bulk ink bottle systems is less expensive then the inks for cartridge, and bag, systems.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 21st, 2009 Nov 21, 2009 4:09:29 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
The vast majority of digital direct to garment printers in the marketplace use bulk ink bottle systems
That does not mean it's the best way, you know that.
The original printer that US Screen brought to market had OEM cartridges installed. They opted to put cheap over seas bulk systems because that was the only chose that was available.

Quote:
The ink costs for these printers will always be less then cartridge or bag systems. One thing that should be considered when evaluating ink costs for cartridge systems is that up to 10% of the ink is left inside when the cartridge reads empty.
This is true for the Anajet and Brother carts, but we do not need to sense the ink left in the cart because it's not in one and now is clear.
Quote:
With regard to the performance of the systems - we have found that our bulk ink bottle systems work extremely well. We feel they represent the optimum ink delivery system, both in terms of operation and ink cost.
Belquette does not feel open systems work extremely well especially with textile inks. We have had both and feel much more confident when we supply ink to our customers with our closed system.
Because we have designed our own filling system we can keep our cost in line with open systems "both in term of cost and better operation'.

Old November 21st, 2009 Nov 21, 2009 5:28:18 PM -   #33 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Sean
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I remember noticing prob. more than 10 percent ink left in my Anajet due to Anajet at time having tainted ink censor or cart. can't remember which it was but I was ticked.
This was actually what broke the camels back for me when it ran outta ink without telling me...

No trien to stir nothing up but I also remember at one point when Anajet was filling there cart. in house they were putting less ink in cart. Was in a thread awhile back.

I am with you Belq. that bulk system arent necessary better.
It leave for more thngs to go wronge, more clogs, more purge ect.

I'd rather spend an extra quarter per shirt in ink cost to have my sanity and not having to worry about cleaning machine ect.

All I know is when it comes to cleaning a clog, its just a press of a button, not 5 minutes of getting hands dirty.

Old November 22nd, 2009 Nov 22, 2009 7:49:18 PM -   #34 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Mark, I've been checking out your bag system for a while and I think that's the logical next step for us that believe that the "closed" system is best. The only way I've seen them on the mod is on a table to the side of the machine. With your system, is the level of the bags as important as it is in the bulk bottles?

Old November 24th, 2009 Nov 24, 2009 5:38:48 AM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
I am with you Belq. that bulk system arent necessary better.
It leave for more thngs to go wronge, more clogs, more purge ect.
This is especially true with the white ink as it does start to change it's proprieties when exposed to air, this is visually apparent by the crust formation that forms around the top of the open bottle, then there are other properties that you cannot see that effect correct jetting that are effected by the environment in addition to the entrained air that enters the ink-head every time you shake the ink.

An ink in a closed bag can be shaken violently without introducing air molecules and as an added bonus has the benefit of a longer shelf life.

Quote:
With your system, is the level of the bags as important as it is in the bulk bottles?
Yes, its' important but since our bags lay flat they keep the intended head pressures more constant and the system can balance the ink pressures much more effectively since the dampers used in our system where designed for a closed system . The ink tray moves up and down with the printer so it maintains the correct relationship. There is no playing the filling game to try and maintain the correct ink levels as with an open system.

Last edited by Belquette; November 24th, 2009 at 05:44 AM..

Old November 24th, 2009 Nov 24, 2009 9:23:25 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

A bag with a view...

Old November 24th, 2009 Nov 24, 2009 4:58:53 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belquette
.Yes, its' important but since our bags lay flat they keep the intended head pressures more constant and the system can balance the ink pressures much more effectively since the dampers used in our system where designed for a closed system .. ...
Mark, So they can't hang (IV style) like in your show pictures?

Ian

Old November 25th, 2009 Nov 25, 2009 6:16:23 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Mark, So they can't hang (IV style) like in your show pictures?
No, the original ink configuration was setup differently, we found it was not optimum and now lay our ink bags flat.

Old November 27th, 2009 Nov 27, 2009 6:07:59 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Don

My question is this if printing dark shirts uses 8-12 times the amount of ink as a light shirt and the industry average is .52 ml for a light shirt how can a dark shirt use 25 ml of ink? Th .52 times 12 is only 6.24 ml, multiply this times .68 for the anajet white ink and you get 4.24 for the white at 25 ml he cost would be 17.00 and that would make a dark shirt sell for far more than most people would want to pay. The math seems a litte off to me.

Old November 30th, 2009 Nov 30, 2009 5:16:43 AM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
the industry average is .52 ml for a light shirt
Actually I stated .5-2 ml. Meaning one half to two ml per light shirt for ink consumption. Not .52 ml.

Hope this clarifies it a bit.

Old October 26th, 2015 Oct 26, 2015 3:45:01 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I highly suggest bulk containers

Old August 4th, 2016 Aug 4, 2016 5:35:23 AM -   #42 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Christian

Quick question...what would I need t buy if I want to start using my Anajet Apparel Printer with bulk ink? All I have is old used empty cartridges (when I say old I mean 4 years old)
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Old April 16th, 2018 Apr 16, 2018 10:20:14 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Dennis

im printing with a MP5i I recently got from anajet, that my large rear shirt designs are only costing me .90 including white. Its probably a 13x9 design, but not solid fill in all that area...

this is a cut throat industry as its majorly saturated but you just gotta find your niche and customer base and your set as long as you do it properly and keep everyone satisfied...

This is a discussion about High ink cost and wholesale pricing that was posted in the Ricoh DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in