T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

List of Rhinestone systems and Rhinestone software

Like Tree5Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 5:03:22 AM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Krusty
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: List of Rhinestone systems and Rhinestone software

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJelly
I realize this post was in November of 2010, but I'm really curious about the problem you had, basically al little more detail about how the machine was behaving when it was not working right.

I got the second generation machine, CrystalPress II towards the end of last year. I have finally been able to get to it to get it going.

Once I figured out the Crystal Studio (not user friendly in the design mode) I sent designs to the machine and have had nothing but problems.

The current problem sounds similiar to yours and is related to the C-stick I think. I have not been able to get it to set more than 3 stones before it goes ga-flooie.

So I was wondering if you could describe how yours was acting up.

Thanks in advance for your time, I look forward to seeing your reply.
Hi Gjelly,

I'm with Ioline and I'd like to help. First of all, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up? I'm NOT a tech guy, but I would say there are two possibilities.

First, we would need to know what kind of stones you are running. The CrystalPress II can run many kinds and brands of rhinestones that are not sold by Ioline, but not every kind or brand of rhinestone. Some are just the wrong shape for the cups that hold the stones. Now, if you got the stones from Ioline, that's clearly not the issue, and we need to get with you and get more info to diagnose it more closely.

Regarding the issue of dust, some brands of inexpensive rhinestones are shipped with a lot of manufacturing debris in the bag with the stones. This was the case that caused CCourtney her problem. Though we had built in a filter to deal with dust on the the CrystalPress II, the amount of dust we were encountering in the field was much worse than what we found in our testing in-house, so we have added an improved filtering system since then. If you do not have this update, we need to get that to you. Again, if you DO have the update, get back to us and we will work with you to resolve the problem.

Krusty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 7:17:06 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Nick
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just an FYI for those that already have the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL2) program for their cricut or craft robo the newest version 2.028 now has the capability to convert images to a Rhinestone template. Keep in mind, that like funtime, you have to select a stone size 2-3 sizes larger for the stones to work in the template.

So far on my cricut for template material (green) that I got online I used a deep cut blade set to 3, pressure low, speed med. I then used the multicut feature in SCAL2, and set it to 3X and converted my graphic to rhinestones. This cut pretty well on my cricut and the low pressure with overcut gave pretty good round holes once weeded.

Nick

The Following User Says Thank You to ramdisk For This Useful Post:
papermama (July 29th, 2011)
Old January 12th, 2011 Jan 12, 2011 9:45:24 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty
Hi Gjelly,

I'm with Ioline and I'd like to help. First of all, I'm sorry you are having this issue. Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up? I'm NOT a tech guy, but I would say there are two possibilities.

First, we would need to know what kind of stones you are running. The CrystalPress II can run many kinds and brands of rhinestones that are not sold by Ioline, but not every kind or brand of rhinestone. Some are just the wrong shape for the cups that hold the stones. Now, if you got the stones from Ioline, that's clearly not the issue, and we need to get with you and get more info to diagnose it more closely.

Regarding the issue of dust, some brands of inexpensive rhinestones are shipped with a lot of manufacturing debris in the bag with the stones. This was the case that caused CCourtney her problem. Though we had built in a filter to deal with dust on the the CrystalPress II, the amount of dust we were encountering in the field was much worse than what we found in our testing in-house, so we have added an improved filtering system since then. If you do not have this update, we need to get that to you. Again, if you DO have the update, get back to us and we will work with you to resolve the problem.

Krusty

Morning Krusty, thanks for your reply.

You asked: "Have you been in touch with anyone at the factory about the stones not picking up?"

My machine was picking up the stones just fine. In my opinion, after it set them on the transfer paper, the sensors were not picking up enough light to tell the machine to get the next stone.

The pick tool kept pushing down on the stone it set, kind of like it did not get the message the stone had been set. It did not matter how many times I pushed the reset button, it would not move on.

Until I removed the stone from the transfer and hit the reset. Then it would move on, get the next stone, set it where it belonged, and start being naughty again.

I talked to the nice tech guys at Ioline and acually, my machine is at Ioline right now getting updated to the newest firmware, filters, etc.

As for the stones, I was running Ioline stones, but thanks for the dust info. I never thought about that, probably because it's so fine we can't really see it. I suppose a blast with some canned air on a new batch would help with that issue. Get the dust off so they will seal to the pickup tool and keep the dust down so the sensors will work at their optimum.

I think the people at Ioline are great. They are always helpful and nice and recognize the frustration experienced when a piece of equipment isn't working as expected. I just figure that any / all the fixes on this machine is going to make their next generation machine and software even better.

That's if for now. I need to get to work. Thanks again for your reply.

G.

Old January 20th, 2011 Jan 20, 2011 10:10:41 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles95405
I think the originator of the sticky flock is at
My Shirt Connection, LLC - Bella M/C Rhinestones, Swarovski Rhinestones, Sticky Flock, Rhinestone Transfers, Hotfix Rhinestones, Rhinestone Templates, Rhinestone Cover sheets, Rhinestone Apparel, Stone Foam and More! but also there are some youtube videos like YouTube - Sticky Flock Templates for Rhinestone Transfers
I ended up getting free samples from the company above and a friend gave me some Hartco stuff too. I found the flock stuff easier to use so I ended up ordering a starter kit. Everything showed up and I'm happy right now...

I'm heading to the ISS show in Long Beach so maybe I will see something else there too. The Iolone Rhinestone System Looks interesting. Hopefully they will be there?

The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDogy For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (January 20th, 2011)
Old January 20th, 2011 Jan 20, 2011 1:56:19 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

I too just bought the "new" Crystal Press II. If I do this correctly, here is a link to a thread that was started recently on the forum:

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/rhinest...n/t126366.html

Old February 7th, 2011 Feb 7, 2011 9:13:08 PM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

at this time rhinestone market is caos.
all cutter company make they own software.do not want share driver.
problem come from there.
1. knk.ace idesigner...--> all same program(engraelab)
they just trick driver for they own brand name.
2. smart cut pro? ---> it is co cut sign program.
3.funtime. winpcsign, finecut...---> all same plug in.

I do not like this caos market. because they are not special. all that from coreldraw.
what do you think photoshop work only epson print. paintshop work only hp. autocad work only samsung...
it is very funny... at this time most cutter have enough force througn same sandblust rubber.
hopely oneday someome make professional rhinestom template software like photoshop.
all software is very good but they need share to improve this world. do not just following money.
I saw one of best possible. it is corel macro. if they make more graphics icon for easy understand, that is best. main reason is most cutter support coredraw driver.
then we can buy any cutter(not only for rhinestone. for sign, for t-shirts, for screenprint, for bluprint,....)
let's make open this problem

The Following User Says Thank You to rjp739 For This Useful Post:
Leg cramps (April 9th, 2013)
Old July 28th, 2011 Jul 28, 2011 6:50:10 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Don't know when you all made this a sticky....but ummm thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Pearls For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (July 29th, 2011)
Old August 4th, 2011 Aug 4, 2011 6:19:23 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have a variety of Rhinestone programs and find the latest release of Wilcom Embroidery software with Rhinestone capability has them all beat. Granted, if you do not have a need for High-End embroidery software it can be cost prohibitive.

Old August 4th, 2011 Aug 4, 2011 6:24:50 AM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtogs
I have a variety of Rhinestone programs and find the latest release of Wilcom Embroidery software with Rhinestone capability has them all beat.
Wow this is really nice! Especially for those of us who already have embroidery software... easy add on.

Just out of curiosity, how much does the add on run?

Old September 29th, 2011 Sep 29, 2011 12:38:06 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Monica

Dang, wish I would have seen this months ago! This is an awesome list!

The Following User Says Thank You to RCouture For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (December 1st, 2011)
Old December 1st, 2011 Dec 1, 2011 4:47:51 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I have Wilcom, do you know how much the update cost if rhinestoning is in the update. Thanks.

Old December 19th, 2011 Dec 19, 2011 2:13:39 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

There is a best (and more affordable) software: HOTFIX ERA (d-era.com).
This software is sold as standalone (rhinestone / sequin design), or it may be purchased with STITCH ERA LIBERTY (to produce multi-decoration designs).
This software is compatible with vinyl cutters (for stencil making) as well as motif making machines (Decor, CAMS, Libero, etc). It is ideal for those who are looking to grow up (it doesn't make you slave of a specific machine brand, and you may re-use all the designs on different machine brands & models).

Old December 19th, 2011 Dec 19, 2011 2:28:41 PM -   #43 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Be careful in buying the hit fix era system...when I spoke with a rep at the last trade show you needed to by tbe driver for your cutter, which about the same cost of the software. I saw it working and was not very impressed....but to each his own

The Following User Says Thank You to charles95405 For This Useful Post:
dazzabling (April 11th, 2012)
Old December 19th, 2011 Dec 19, 2011 2:46:15 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yes, you are right.

The software includes many design and editing tools, but output options are not included by default.

It is important to select the right software configuration in order to earn money on unnecessary drivers covering all kind of machines.

If necessary, drivers for other machines can be purchased later.

Sierra Technology is offering demonstration systems (for a limited time) under demand. Those systems are full-functional, then there are no hidden risks.

Old December 19th, 2011 Dec 19, 2011 11:37:31 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: luis

I have Corel Draw X4 and have used a basic ioline Crystal program I purchased in Long Beach ISS Show. But it is vary basic. I just purchased a little program from MACROMONSTER Its called (Rstone) for CorelDraw. A guy by the name of Jeff made the macro add-on for Corel $50.00 yah 50.00 dollars and well worth it. Work like a dream, if you screen print you can make you screen to fit perfectly along with you rhinestones. Compared to what I had it a bomb. Thank Jeff.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigLousTees For This Useful Post:
Jeff Harrison (December 20th, 2011)

This is a discussion about List of Rhinestone systems and Rhinestone software that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in