T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

ACS Design Studio VS DAS system

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 12:15:27 PM -   #76 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Di
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ACS Design Studio VS DAS system

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
I do agree Di that the Das stuff can give you a ready made art that you can offer your clients. I guess with me, I ended up using or making other artwork just for the fact that my clients were mostly more customized clients. They ended up not really wanting the artwork that everyone else had, or had available.

I found this alot, where my customers would tell me they did not want something that was available to all of my customers, they wanted their art unique, so this ended up being a big issue for me. I would tell them well you can take parts of each and make it different, but they just did not see past the whole art in a catalog thing. So much so that I really stopped even offering the templates much to them. .

I also give most of my clients customized art--I simply switch out the clients artwork/logo and name/font for the artwork in the template--it just helps me to have a general setup and size all done for me in advance OR to have some automation built in that will let me create from scratch faster if that's the way I choose to go. This is just my practice, but I generally don't ever show my clients a catalog of art/setups--I tailor everything that a client sees to them/their business before I ever show them anything. My first sales call is all about feeling them out for what they want and offering them some tailor made/personalized suggestions and working from there.

Quote:
I do agree they have great products, if its what fits your business model and you can afford it.
We are in complete agreement--each business must get what works for them--

Quote:
Remember with the smart designer if you sell it, there are also transfer of license fees as well, so that is also added on to the investment. Hopefully you will do so well that you will never be in that position, or life will not throw you something that completely takes you off track and you can get your money out of the product.
I've already made more than enough to cover my investment in my DAS software (including the $400 tranfer fee)---I did that in the first few months I owned it.
As a matter of fact, life DID throw me something this past year that could have taken me completely off track---it included emergency chest surgery, an 11 day hospital stay, and being on home oxygen full time since last January. But, PTL, with the amount of graphics work I was still able to do my business has survived this challenge. I know that I am blessed in that because many businesses didn't make it with the economy the way it is. But honestly, after my experience this past year my DAS software would be the LAST thing I would sell. That is just what's true for ME though--everyones needs and businesses are different and everyone needs to do what is best for their needs/business!
Di

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greeneyeddi For This Useful Post:
charles95405 (December 27th, 2009), sjidohair (December 27th, 2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 12:26:38 PM -   #77 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I can totally relate to the medical stuff Di, and I am glad you are doing well. I myself too have gone through a major change due to spinal cord surgery that unfortunately for me, left more damage then I could have ever imagined.

You are right, it does depend on what works for each business I am glad to hear that things have worked out well for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
greeneyeddi (December 27th, 2009)
Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 12:38:18 PM -   #78 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I'm so very sorry that your surgery gave you more difficulty than it did relief---mine was the same so I can totally relate to what you are saying.
I will lift you in prayer that things get straightened out for you! Keep your chin up---a new year is about to begin and there is always the hope that it will be better than the last. I recently heard a great saying that I quickly adopted "May the best of 2009 be the worst of 2010!"
Take care!
Di

Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 1:01:44 PM -   #79 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Charles
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,353 Posts

Di...Sorry to hear of your medical issues...If I can ever be of any assistance...just PM and I will do what I can. oh..BTW...love your avatar

Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 1:32:49 PM -   #80 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thank you so much, Charles---that is so very kind of you! I feel so blessed to be part of this forum and to be meeting wonderful folks like you.

I will say, there's nothing like a serious health challenge to
1.) help us put everything in our lives is true perspective
2.) make us truly thankful for what we have
3.) challenge our ingenuity and our faith
Looking back on everything that happened in 2009 I can say that I am honestly thankful for my health challenges this past year. That may sound odd to people, but, the truth is that while they were indeed difficult, they have brought me to a state of faith that I never would have reached any other way!
Thanks again so very much for your kindness!
Di

PS Glad you like the avatar! They really do rock in my book!

Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 1:48:12 PM -   #81 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Hi everyone

I just wanted to put a note that I have removed a couple of posts here in this thread. The reason is that this thread is a comparison thread of both ACS and DAS, but it should be honest feedback from present customers and questions for potential customers to learn more, and answers to questions by vendors if they are asked. In no way should it become a sales post for either of those companies. This is not a sales thread for any vendor and should remain free of any type of sales talk such as requesting for members to contact them.

If a member becomes more interested in a program I am sure they will feel free to contact the said company that sells it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
SandyMcC (December 28th, 2009)
Old December 27th, 2009 Dec 27, 2009 6:13:33 PM -   #82 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

Hey Di, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's good to know that I was at least in the ball park when I decided that it would be a benefit to using the DAS "package", instead of spending hours learning CorelDraw. I have learned some things in case I need them as a back up though. Also, I agree with you on the time saver in doing the artwork. ALL of my work has been custom designed. But unless the customer has their own artwork, the design has to START somewhere, and sometimes just looking through the clip art, etc. gets the "old" creative juices flowing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allhamps For This Useful Post:
greeneyeddi (December 28th, 2009), sunnydayz (December 27th, 2009)
Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 8:11:57 PM -   #83 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ok so which system is better?lol
at first i was thinking of geting a roland 24...After reading the post Im thinking of getting the knk 24" maxx rhinestone edition. I just want to clarify a few important issues I have.

1)I can cut rhinestone templates?

2)I can cut vinyl to heat press?

3)I can cut heat transfers printed from an epson 1400?

I think the answer is yes to all three...just wanna double check!Thanks Eric

Old June 10th, 2010 Jun 10, 2010 8:43:51 PM -   #84 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

SandyMcC's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Sandy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,117 Times in 518 Posts

The answer to all three is "yes." If you want more details, let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to SandyMcC For This Useful Post:
Leg cramps (June 11th, 2010)
Old June 11th, 2010 Jun 11, 2010 4:35:12 AM -   #85 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks Sandy,
I actually have three more questions(for now)

Its compatible with adobe illustrator cs5,
corel x5 and photoshop cs5?

Old June 11th, 2010 Jun 11, 2010 5:20:00 AM -   #86 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marilyn

Its compatible with adobe illustrator cs5,
corel x5 and photoshop cs5?[/quote]

Yes, both ACS and DAS are compatible to all three of the software in question. Though photoshop will not be as helpful as it works better to have a vector image to work with, but ACS does convert jpegs and bmps to vector. I don't know about the DAS software.

Old June 11th, 2010 Jun 11, 2010 5:22:02 AM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

SandyMcC's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Sandy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,117 Times in 518 Posts

You cannot cut directly from those programs. But you can export your files from Illustrator and Corel and import them into KNK or ACS Studio for cutting. With Photoshop, the files are normally raster images, thus will need to be vectorized before cutting... which can be done in KNK or ACS... or Photoshop actually has the ability to vectorize, as well. It's just not typically used.

Old September 8th, 2011 Sep 8, 2011 7:58:17 PM -   #88 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: DAS system

Hello,

I met you today at The NBM Show in Baltimore. Just wanted to say "Thank You" to you and Mike for your business advice and words of encouragement. I left the show with a whole new perspective. It meant a lot. Your product is great as well as the customer service I received from you and Mike.

Kind Regards,
Graphically Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASBoss
I wanted to clarify several statements about Digital Art Solutions products from the earlier post. We produce nearly all of our art products in-house. In the past 17 years, we have produced 28 different volumes of vector art and design templates in-house with our graphics team. We have two products in which we collaborated with Great Dane Graphics on the clipart, the balance of our products are built in-house by our design team. Smart Designer is not primarily for screen printing. One of the advantages of our system is that it is expandable into other production processes including embroidery, laser engraving, sign making, wide format digital printing, direct to garment printing plus screen printing. Smart Designer is a very powerful add-on software for CorelDRAW for all of these production processes. The majority of Smart Designer owners do not screen print, as the application is very versatile and is used for many other production processes. Smart Designer is not a “plug-in” and does not use outside technology. Smart Designer X4 is an add-on software that integrates directly into CorelDRAW X4 using the new Docker technology that was introduced in CoreDRAW X4. Smart Designer adds over 170 additional menu items to CorelDRAW X4 that automate and simplify the process of designing and outputting artwork in CorelDRAW. It is a separate program from SmartCut Pro, but it can be integrated with SmartCut Pro in a seamless fashion. It is not a requirement of the rhinestone system, but most of our existing clients that purchased rhinestone systems already owned Smart Designer and most new clients choose to purchase it with their rhinestone system because of the ability to easily produce custom graphics for vinyl and other processes. SmartCut Pro is a cutting and rhinestone design and production component of a complete graphics system that includes Smart Designer and CorelDRAW. SmartCut Pro also has the same level of design and production tools as CorelDRAW or Illustrator and can be used as a stand-alone program. Smart Cut Pro can also be integrated with both CorelDRAW or Illustrator via drag and drop file exchange or a transfer button that is installed in CorelDRAW or Illustrator. Because SmartCut Pro was designed for all cutting and engraving, it has many advantages over CorelDRAW or Illustrator for rhinestone production and cutting. For instance, the bitmap to vector conversion features is one of the software's most popular features. I am familiar with the Thumbnails Explorer and it is in no way comparable to Smart Designer as this is a single feature and Smart Designer is a very powerful program with 100's of features. Besides adding features to CorelDRAW, there are over 1,000 different editable effects built into Smart Designer plus 250 templates and other related images including athletic tails, product templates and clip art. In terms of a comparable thumbnail viewer feature, one of Smart Designer's most popular features is the integrated Clip Art Browser. This tool not only generates previews directly inside of CorelDRAW, but it also provides a keyword database for our clip art as well as the CorelDRAW clip art library. Smart Designer X4 allows the user to merge keyword clip art databases into a single master database. For instance, if you wanted to search for a Football image from our art volumes or the clipart included with CorelDRAW, you would just type in "Football", all the images would appear as thumbnails and you would click on the desired image to import it directly into CorelDRAW. You would not need a catalog or have to browse through folders. The Template Editing feature that was referred to is also very popular, but this is one feature out of over hundred features. In terms of comparing the capabilities of the ACS software and SmartCut Pro, a direct comparison is only possible if someone has access to both applications. My only basis for comparison for the ACS software is the videos that have been posted online. From viewing the videos, it is apparent to me that there is a significant difference in workflow, capabilities and feature sets between the two programs. SmartCut Pro is a key component in a very powerful graphics system. I think one of the key differences in our approach is that we focus on sales and marketing tools, not just software and materials. Training is a huge part of what we do, that is why our support and training team has produced hours of training videos, conducts free weekly webinars and have comprehensive written training guides.

This is a discussion about ACS Design Studio VS DAS system that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in