T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Sizzix eClips and Rhinestone material

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leg cramps

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 24th, 2015 Apr 24, 2015 4:59:42 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Deana
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Sizzix eClips and Rhinestone material

I am having a problem with cutting a rhinestone template and I cannot find any help or information on the subject. I am using the original Sizzix eClips with eCal software. The template material I am using is Hartco 425S Rhinestone Material. It is approximately 25 mils thick. And the material is recommended for vinyl cutters with a minimum of 300 grams of down force cutting pressure.
I did a practice cut for a small 2inch heart rhinestone template. I had the blade set at 3, speed 4, and pressure 5. The heart cut perfect. I then tried to cut a 5 letter word and the cutting went crazy. It was cutting over itself and it was cutting out of the 12x12 area. And it was not cutting the shape of the letters.
I then placed vinyl in the cutter and cut on the vinyl setting and it cut all 5 letters just fine.
I have wasted a lot of rhinestone material. I don't understand why it cut the heart perfect and then just went crazy on the rest?

I would think the machine couldn't handle the material but it cut the heart template perfectly.

I would think maybe there was a memory problem but it cut it in vinyl perfectly.

What the heck am I doing wrong???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2015 Apr 25, 2015 4:59:48 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sizzix eClips and Rhinestone material

Device driver or sign cutting software settings.
USB cable intermittent contact.
USB port on PC intermittent contact.
USB port on cutter intermittent contact.
Static discharge (run static test, get string if needed)
Motherboard issue.
Artwork has overlapping or hidden / transparent entities.
Turn off your computer and un plug it for a few minutes. Unplug the USB from the computer. This will reset the USB port.
If that doesn't work it may be information overload on the usb. Switch to serial or ethernet cables
dcedar likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leg cramps For This Useful Post:
dcedar (April 26th, 2015)

This is a discussion about Sizzix eClips and Rhinestone material that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in