T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone count

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 7:17:42 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Rhinestone count

We are new with rhinestones and trying to figure out how to accurately price rhinestone tshirts. I have researched a lot and even purchased the rhinestone calculator through rhinestone world. However I am learning the pricing is based off the amount of rhinestones used.... How do you determine how many rhinestones are being used? We are currently using sure cuts but open to purchasing new software if any one has any cost effective suggestions that would be able to help with rhinestone count. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 7:52:04 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: ifusion

Default Re: Rhinestone count

In winpcsign, they have a rhinestone feature that will give you the total count of each color and size in your design. I believe they will also calculate the costs from there too.

In coreldraw, if you use the trw macro or easystone macro, their programs will give you total stone counts for designs created within their macro and then calculate costs from there.

Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 8:36:21 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Many of the rhinestone software applications have counts in the bottom right of the screen. I know that Hotfix Era does. We usually recommend that stone count is a good way to track your costs, but shouldn't be the determining factor in what you charge for a completed shirt. Why not try coming up with a standard small, medium and large design price? Unless you're using pink/rose stones your costs for colors wont vary THAT much and it will be much easier to price your jobs.

Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 6:13:38 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Roger
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There are still a bunch of costs involved than just stone counts.

Old October 7th, 2014 Oct 7, 2014 9:15:59 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: King

CorelDRAW does too.
That's what we are using.

Old October 8th, 2014 Oct 8, 2014 12:37:49 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you everyone for the advice! We will look into getting rhinestone software. Also great advice on coming up with a standard cost for small, medium, large, and so on. That how we price our regular htv so it may make our life easier and able to provide better customer service for a quick price. As of right now we are completely clueless on where to begin with pricing though. Lots still to learn.

Old October 9th, 2014 Oct 9, 2014 5:51:25 PM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,128 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccunlimitedcreat
We are new with rhinestones and trying to figure out how to accurately price rhinestone tshirts. I have researched a lot and even purchased the rhinestone calculator through rhinestone world. However I am learning the pricing is based off the amount of rhinestones used.... How do you determine how many rhinestones are being used? We are currently using sure cuts but open to purchasing new software if any one has any cost effective suggestions that would be able to help with rhinestone count. Thank you
Watch this video. Freeze the frame of each design when the detail pop up appears. To freeze the frame click the left mouse button. Click it again to continue the video. Watch it in full view and highest resolution so you can see it up close. Turn off the music if it annoys you. Click the speaker icon to turn it off.

speed test.avi - YouTube

This is a discussion about Rhinestone count that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in