T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

What Rhinestone Fonts do I need

Like Tree1Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2013 Sep 23, 2013 5:09:00 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What Rhinestone Fonts do I need

I am new to the Rhinestone decorating. I do have a couple of rhinestone software programs along with CorelDraw.
My question is starting out can someone give me some idea as to what fonts a newbie should get starting out. I know there are a lot of sites that sell them and some are a little different for each other,but I am needing some guidance on a few styles I should get. I think starting out I along with my customers can get overwhelmed with to many choices. No sense in buying 100 fonts to just start. But I would like to get idea of several that you all feel they are a must have font and where you purchased them.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2013 Sep 23, 2013 6:31:58 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: What Rhinestone Fonts do I need

Before I got my machine, I would use the fonts from rhinestonealphabets.com
You want a single line font, a very small font, a script font and a double line font and perhaps a large athletic font for School initials to start out with.
This should give you a range to work with. I know she used to have specials where you get so many fonts for one price and she has instructions (chart) explaining what to set your font size to, to get the stone size holes you need. I used to also get some from Synergy 17. Only thing is they didn't have a chart and I had to guess on the font size. Things may have changed since. I'm not sure.
Does anyone know if they give a way a free font on the 17th of each month still?

Old September 23rd, 2013 Sep 23, 2013 10:02:01 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmynn
I would use the fonts from rhinestonealphabets.com
Rhinestone Alphabets is awesome for typable fonts but if you want fonts where each letter is it's own template then I use these:

1 Inch Block Rhinestone

Old September 23rd, 2013 Sep 23, 2013 10:17:45 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Dora
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmynn
Before I got my machine, I would use the fonts from rhinestonealphabets.com
You want a single line font, a very small font, a script font and a double line font and perhaps a large athletic font for School initials to start out with.
This should give you a range to work with. I know she used to have specials where you get so many fonts for one price and she has instructions (chart) explaining what to set your font size to, to get the stone size holes you need. I used to also get some from Synergy 17. Only thing is they didn't have a chart and I had to guess on the font size. Things may have changed since. I'm not sure.
Does anyone know if they give a way a free font on the 17th of each month still?
Yes, Synergy17 does still give away a font on the 17th of each month from 12.01a.m. I know that their "CAJ" prefixed font supply a conversion chart and I also believe their fonts that were not part of the monthly freebies. I agree with your font choices and maybe a multi media font and a more fun font like a child like handwriting font

Old September 27th, 2013 Sep 27, 2013 5:11:03 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Make your own!!Your rhinestone programs should have fonts. What do you got for rhinestone software? I know kevin has an affordable macro for corel draw and lots of tutorials.https://www.t-shirtforums.com/members/katruax.html

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 9:26:48 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

First I want to thank everyone that has responded. However, I am confused. I am do have CorelDraw, and OOBling Pro. I do have the capabilities to make some fonts but they are not really looking that good at this time. Maybe with practice. Where I am confused is if most people have the ability to make there own fonts, why are so many offering them for sale. I know Digital Art includes fonts with their software and I know that people can make fonts using there software. So I guess my question is what are fonts being offered if most everyone can make there own?

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but at this point my fonts that I have made are not that great looking.
Your comments are appreciated.
THANKS!

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 10:53:00 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Fonts can be very time consuming to do so that's why most people prefer to purchase ones that are already done. There is no software program that is going to give you perfect results when you convert a font into a rhinestone font. There is a lot of tweeking that needs to be done but once you do it you can save it and use the letters for other designs. What i have found when I purchased pre-stoned fonts is that they still need some cleaning up. I have quite a few if DAS type able fonts but don't use any of them because whoever created them did not take the time to clean them up. It's frustrating to type out a word and have to contentiously move circles around to get a nice clean letter. Had I known this before I bought them I would have never invested the money. This is the case for fonts I have purchased from other sellers too.

Another reason to do your own fonts is you can make different size letters of the same font to fit your customers needs and your not be limited to only using the size you purchased. I typically make letters as I need them so it doesn't get overwhelming making my own.

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 2:21:31 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I have to agree with BlingItOn about some fonts that you purchase. I design typable Rhinestone fonts and I am VERY particular about stone placement and SPACING! It can take me days to finish 26 Upper case, 26 lower case 10 digits and some punctuaction! I don't want my customers to have to tweak at all. They bought my font to save time and money.
I also like to show a larger graphic representation of the font and that is why I choose to show just a few letters so when the customer zooms in on the graphic they can have a better idea of my stone placement choices before they buy.. You are limited to size however. All we need is for a program to reduce or enlarge a font but keep the stone sizes intact! Wouldn't that be awesome!

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 3:33:57 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks. Yes it would be awesome if our programs would act like our vector programs and allow us to increase or decrease and maintain the some size circles for the stones. I am sure that someone will come up with it and make it so anyone can do it without going to a lot of extra steps.
I know you cannot promote your own company but would you mind PM me and give me your company info and website. I would like to see what you have.

THANKS!

The Following User Says Thank You to biglar For This Useful Post:
fedoraoriginali (September 28th, 2013)
Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 7:35:49 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Why not start with a font like this for 99 Cents?

2 Inch Corsiva Rhinestone

Even if you don't like some of the stone placements, at least you have a starting point to do clean up work.....

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 10:00:24 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Riki

I am also interested in this subject. I am *very* small time. I use Illustrator. I have learned to type a character set, trace it, and convert it to a dashed line where the "dashes" are 3mm dots. Then I outline the dots and start adjusting. Takes forever! If I could find high quality font files, created by a designer as particular as I am, I would happily pay for that! And certainly more than 99 cents! More like 99 cents per character! Anyone know of a source? I've done enough of these by now that I have wondered if I wouldn't make better money selling my files than my shirts!

Old September 28th, 2013 Sep 28, 2013 11:50:46 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I am glad there is someone that appreciates the hard work involved. I like to make multi media fonts as well. Now THEY sure are a challenge!

Old September 29th, 2013 Sep 29, 2013 5:50:56 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

when you pick a script from your software to stone sometimes just playing with your outline/inline spacing and your stone spacing is all you need to do to get pretty good fonts. Some fonts work better then others and there usually is some tweaking involved.

Old September 29th, 2013 Sep 29, 2013 6:18:33 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by riki63
I am also interested in this subject. I am *very* small time. I use Illustrator. I have learned to type a character set, trace it, and convert it to a dashed line where the "dashes" are 3mm dots. Then I outline the dots and start adjusting. Takes forever! If I could find high quality font files, created by a designer as particular as I am, I would happily pay for that! And certainly more than 99 cents! More like 99 cents per character! Anyone know of a source? I've done enough of these by now that I have wondered if I wouldn't make better money selling my files than my shirts!
So more like this?

Bling 11- 5 Inch Tall School Letters B344

or this?

Bling 13- 1 3/4 Inch Tall Letters UPPER CASE B359

I attached a photo of the 5" Tall letters we did for a local school....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BHS.jpg (178.3 KB, 17 views)

Old September 29th, 2013 Sep 29, 2013 2:53:24 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Riki

Nope, those are nice, but I get requests for readable stuff. So I need a small simple font. Like this: (Don't know if this will work or not . . . I'm new to this.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg temp.jpg (158.0 KB, 23 views)

This is a discussion about What Rhinestone Fonts do I need that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in