Feedback on best cutting techniques for Rhinestone StickOns material - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Feedback on best cutting techniques for Rhinestone StickOns material

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 15th, 2011 Sep 15, 2011 8:50:28 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Donna
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Feedback on best cutting techniques for Rhinestone StickOns material

I purchased and really love working with the Rhinestone Designz new StickOns material for making decals - but would like to get some feedback from others as to cutting the material - especially on a Roland GX-24 machine.

I have been experimenting the past few days and still can't seem to get the process down to my satisfaction so that it cuts and weeds perfectly. I'm using the recommended Roland 60 blade, only about 70df and a .50offset...it works, but still don't seem to be getting a clean cut for the full design. Cutting speed doesn't seem to make a difference as I've tried lowering this too...

I have used Xpel and don't have the same issues with cutting that material - probably b/c it has a thicker backing - but I believe it is a bit harder to work with overall and certainly tougher to get quantities of at a good proce. I love the StickOns material for ease of application and just need to perfect my cutting process.

If you use this material and can offer some feedback on your GX-24 cutter settings - please post I'm looking for some practical advice - so as not to waste too much material with continued experimentation

BTW - The folks at Rhinestone Designz are excellent and have been extremely helpful - however, they don't have the same cutter to recommend exact settings -

Thanks very much in advance!!

This is a discussion about Feedback on best cutting techniques for Rhinestone StickOns material that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in