T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

My first rhinestone shirt by hand

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 7:16:41 AM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: PJ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My first rhinestone shirt by hand

after I press for a few seconds to get the moisture out I fold the shirt in half lengthwise matching the underarm seams and side seams then I press a centerline . I find the center of my transfer and either lightly mark on the transfer tape or clip a little "v" at top and bottom then I line that up with the pressed centerline. I use a T-square from the edge of the press to make sure it is straight across the top or the bottom of the transfer (using the stones not the tape). That is how I do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerbabe For This Useful Post:
mrshicks2002 (September 3rd, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 7:41:02 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerbabe
after I press for a few seconds to get the moisture out I fold the shirt in half lengthwise matching the underarm seams and side seams then I press a centerline . I find the center of my transfer and either lightly mark on the transfer tape or clip a little "v" at top and bottom then I line that up with the pressed centerline. I use a T-square from the edge of the press to make sure it is straight across the top or the bottom of the transfer (using the stones not the tape). That is how I do it.
Ok thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrshicks2002 For This Useful Post:
analandry (September 3rd, 2011)
Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 3:00:17 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Katrina
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineBling
I charge anywhere from $23 to $35 for a tee shirt typically and no one bats an eye. In fact, I charged someone $27 for a shirt yesterday and she gave me $30 because she thought that was more fair. Just a few dollars but a very sweet and affirming gesture.
DB I think I need to relocate to where you are. All I get are photos from customers wearing their shirts which I hang on my bulletin board in the office. None willing to pay more than my quoted price, and very few willing to pay $35 for a rhinestone shirt. When you can get a custom designed rhinestone shirt on just about every corner, and many people realizing how easy it is to do them themselves, they not paying them prices around here.

Oh, I did get a pecan pie once from a customer. I told the customer how much I loved it but I really hate pecan pie. The guys in the back ate it though.

Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 3:49:56 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Sandra

Very nice shirt. I can only speak for myself, but I started out by hand setting rhinestones. I'm glad I did because it really gave me a feel for design and what you can do with them. You can really get some tight stone placements, which is what I really like. You will get to the point where you can buy a cutter and heat press, then you'll really be on your way. Good job.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty44 For This Useful Post:
mrshicks2002 (September 3rd, 2011)
Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 4:02:48 PM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty44
Very nice shirt. I can only speak for myself, but I started out by hand setting rhinestones. I'm glad I did because it really gave me a feel for design and what you can do with them. You can really get some tight stone placements, which is what I really like. You will get to the point where you can buy a cutter and heat press, then you'll really be on your way. Good job.
Thanks so much. I agree totally because I was able to add a little extra to the letters as well. I was also told by someone that does shirts by hand that you can add those extra touches to your shirt that will make a difference.

The good thing about my shirt was I was able to use a heat press that my brother owns and I really loved it. Hopefully soon I will be able to get one of my own thats not very expensive.

Old September 4th, 2011 Sep 4, 2011 1:36:24 AM -   #21 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub3
DB I think I need to relocate to where you are. All I get are photos from customers wearing their shirts which I hang on my bulletin board in the office. None willing to pay more than my quoted price, and very few willing to pay $35 for a rhinestone shirt. When you can get a custom designed rhinestone shirt on just about every corner, and many people realizing how easy it is to do them themselves, they not paying them prices around here.

Oh, I did get a pecan pie once from a customer. I told the customer how much I loved it but I really hate pecan pie. The guys in the back ate it though.
ROFL! That's awesome! I don't like pecan pie either! Around here, it seems like just about everyone and their grandmother makes bling shirts but we still can't keep up with demand!
I still get nervous quoting someone for a shirt because I'm afraid they'll think it's too high, but if I don't charge enough, it's not worth my time. I just try to keep my profit within a certain range.

Your pecan pie story reminds me that I've had SO many customers give me Starbuck's gift cards and I don't drink coffee. I have like $75 worth sitting in my drawer here. Now that school has started back up, I can give them to my girls' teachers.

This is a discussion about My first rhinestone shirt by hand that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in