T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Hotfix Era Software thread

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 7:32:37 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hotfix Era Software thread

There is something you should consider regarding the export....

The software was really designed with the automated rhinestone machines in mind... Not really for vinyl cutters... You can export PLT files and import those into about any program including ACS... I use KNK Studio which is somewhat similar to ACS and the PLT import fine...

There is a but here though... The PLT files exported by Hot Fix have 42 nodes per rhinestone circle... YIKES!!!! We definitely don't want this... Not unless we want to spend forever and a day cutting rhinestone templates... The more nodes in our vector artwork the longer it takes to cut.

For an extra $100.00 so for $399.00 you can purchase the Vector Output version which will export Enhanced Metafiles which only have 4 nodes per rhinestone circle and these will cut perfectly as expected....

Just something to consider....

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 7:32:53 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: sally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have the driver I need to export to das in the demo. And it works yipee so all I have to do is find out the final cost and I think it is a done deal

So glad I have kept reading here and decided to try the demo. Jasmyn your posts and picture are what really got me interested

Old October 25th, 2012 Oct 25, 2012 8:23:51 PM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I need to find out how to get the driver to send to a cutter. Right now, I can only send to my machine. Here's a design I did recently. I dreaded it when I first thought about doing it, but it took waaaay less time than I thought it would and was much easier than I thought! I would say about 30 min and only because I had to trace the book because I'm a horrible artist lol.... I love this software!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg College of Library2.jpg (378.6 KB, 51 views)

Old October 26th, 2012 Oct 26, 2012 5:26:55 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sandy

I have sierra too Jasmynn, how big is that design? I like working with 10ss (less problems) but you can do so much with 6ss. When u say trace, do you just bring in a pic and trace or vector some??

Old October 26th, 2012 Oct 26, 2012 7:26:18 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I used all ss10 stones and the design was about 10x11. I only use 6's if i have to. I traced the book using the bezier tool. I don't really like using the vectorizing tool, sometimes it limits what I'm trying to do. Although if it's a simple design, I will use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jasmynn For This Useful Post:
Texaslady (October 26th, 2012)
Old October 27th, 2012 Oct 27, 2012 12:50:37 PM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I have a lot of eps vectors I would like to use in hot fix era. Is there a way I can use them . I have access to acs .stone cut pro and corell (which I don't know much about)

Old October 27th, 2012 Oct 27, 2012 1:22:39 PM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brenda

Sally, all you need to do is convert them to .wmf files. Hotfix ERA can open a .wmf file.

Old October 27th, 2012 Oct 27, 2012 1:39:15 PM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I can do that but am having a problem . When I get back to my computer I will explain what happens

Old November 9th, 2012 Nov 9, 2012 10:13:20 AM -   #69 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Red face Re: Hotfix Era Software thread

Hey! I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered. I've been searching to no avail!

I'm new to this Hotfix software. I've got my design all finished and ready to go, but when I click on "sort hotfix" under the Hotflix tab, I get 14 palettes instead of the 4 I need... what I'm trying to figure out is how to condense the palettes so all my ss6 clears are in one, all my ss10 reds are in one, etc.

Does this make sense? I hope so!

Old November 10th, 2012 Nov 10, 2012 4:29:10 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisforcats
Hey! I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered. I've been searching to no avail!

I'm new to this Hotfix software. I've got my design all finished and ready to go, but when I click on "sort hotfix" under the Hotflix tab, I get 14 palettes instead of the 4 I need... what I'm trying to figure out is how to condense the palettes so all my ss6 clears are in one, all my ss10 reds are in one, etc.

Does this make sense? I hope so!

If you put the same size/color stones in sequence the next time you open "sort hotfix" they will be grouped

Old November 16th, 2012 Nov 16, 2012 6:54:19 AM -   #71 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Just got an email from HotFix about a a new version coming out soon. (v.11.30 - free for all users of any version of 11.xx). Also some new fills, textures, fonts - but WOW! Those are not free and are quite expensive if you ask me. The "Spectaular Fill" is $199 - promo price $149! You got to be kidding! Font packs are $499 - but there are 3 (30 fonts) and promo price is $199. You can get everything for a Super Promo Price for just $349! OUCH!

Don't think I will be buying any of those.

Anxious to see what the update does - says "Version 11.30 adds more features, improvements and also error fixes"

Carol

Old November 16th, 2012 Nov 16, 2012 8:20:58 AM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I got that too. Yes, I think those prices are outrageous. I wonder why they didn't inform us what's included in the update.
I think I will purchase the one fill. I've been wanting to use that for a while. I don't like any of those fonts, and we already have all of those, they just aren't digitized. Who cares. It's so easy to convert your own fonts to stones, why spend all that money? Most of those I will never use anyway.

I'll never use any of those fills in that 100 fill pack either. So, I guess I'm gonna just get the one

Old November 16th, 2012 Nov 16, 2012 8:23:37 AM -   #73 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I contacted them to ask what changes had been made in the program. They will not release that until the update is released. Too bad, because I'm not investing any more money in their software until I find out if some of the things I have already contacted them about are included in the new release. If not, oh well -- I'll do without and not give them any more money

Old November 16th, 2012 Nov 16, 2012 8:27:50 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndagayle
I contacted them to ask what changes had been made in the program. They will not release that until the update is released. Too bad, because I'm not investing any more money in their software until I find out if some of the things I have already contacted them about are included in the new release. If not, oh well -- I'll do without and not give them any more money
The update is free, but those other fills, and fonts aren't.
Also, did they say when it would be released? They shouldn't have even bothered telling us if they weren't going to release what they were updating. Also, those fonts are the same fonts that have been available on their website.

EDIT: Oh, ok you contacting them about some issues, and you want to make sure they are in the update right?

Old November 16th, 2012 Nov 16, 2012 8:29:22 AM -   #75 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

They did not say when the new version would be released. They may be waiting to see how many purchase the the fill and textures, etc.

This is a discussion about Hotfix Era Software thread that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in