Small glue dots on shirt under my design - what did I do wrong? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Small glue dots on shirt under my design - what did I do wrong?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2011 Mar 2, 2011 2:52:38 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Leap
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Small glue dots on shirt under my design - what did I do wrong?

I just printed a few shirts for a customer. One of them has light circles underneath the rhinestone design. The rhinestones spell the word WONDER. Underneath the stones saying WONDER is the word wonder in small dots -- I guess they are glue dots. The "glue dots" word and letters are backwards.

What is this and what did I do wrong??? I was turning the shirts inside out for the second press. Did I lay the transfer tape on the shirt after I removed it? Would that matter? Did I get glue dots on the teflon sheet and then put it inside the shirt?

Has anyone had this happen? It ruined this shirt in my order and I don't have another shirt in this size, so I have to purchase another. Blech. I don't know what I did wrong......

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2011 Mar 2, 2011 3:08:22 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default Re: Small glue dots on shirt under my design - what did I do wrong?

My guess would be that when you pressed the shirt, the glue went through the shirt to the heat press pad and when you pressed it inside out, the glue adhered to the shirt. I have a teflon pad but I've never used it so I don't know if it somehow slipped down with glue on it or something. If the glue went through the shirt, you probably pressed it for too long. You want all of the glue to stay between the rhinestones and the shirt.

The Following User Says Thank You to DivineBling For This Useful Post:
leapoffaith (March 2nd, 2011)
Old March 2nd, 2011 Mar 2, 2011 3:32:05 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Leap
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Stephanie,
Thank you! That totally makes sense.

Now that you say that, I think this may have been the shirt that looked wrinkled, so I pressed it a third time, right side out. I'll bet the glue dots were on my heat press pad from the second press. I always feel like the more I press it the better, but I guess that's not true.

I swear I learn one lesson from every job. I'm kind of ready to quit learning so often. haha.

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to make sure not to "over" press in the future -- especially on these thin Bellas.

Old March 2nd, 2011 Mar 2, 2011 3:35:16 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

You're welcome!

I've learned from experience that if you press for too long, the glue can evaporate and the stones won't have enough left to stick to the shirt and will fall off in the wash!

The Following User Says Thank You to DivineBling For This Useful Post:
leapoffaith (March 3rd, 2011)
Old March 2nd, 2011 Mar 2, 2011 4:08:49 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I agree with Stephanie, that when pressing Stones or studs on garments ,, to always put a liner in side the shirt to protect the shirt,, from the glue going thru the garment and gluing itself to itsef,,

You can also use Beside Teflon sheets you can also use parchment paper, too,

The Following User Says Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
leapoffaith (March 3rd, 2011)

This is a discussion about Small glue dots on shirt under my design - what did I do wrong? that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in