Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 10:29:14 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Hey Forum, I thought it would be pretty cool to get everyone to post samples of Rhinestone car decals that they are producing for customers. I think it would be nice to bounce ideas back and forth and see that amazing designs that everyone is producing. I know we are just cracking the surface with these things and can't wait to see all the awesome stuff everyone is doing!

Last edited by Girlzndollz; July 27th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: SP

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
alin3117 (April 19th, 2013), allhamps (July 22nd, 2010), American logoZ (September 2nd, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 21st, 2010), catago (September 5th, 2010), CreativeInk (December 5th, 2011), CyberSultan (July 21st, 2010), DCans (July 27th, 2010), Eview1 (July 21st, 2010), Krystle1981 (January 29th, 2011), lattemarie (July 30th, 2010), Leg cramps (July 21st, 2010), MDsUnique (July 21st, 2010), Rusty44 (August 5th, 2010), vividrose1 (August 27th, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 11:49:01 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Looks Awesome!!

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 11:53:45 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sharon

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

This looks great!!! Great idea on the new thread. Still no cutter yet but trying to be patient. Keep them coming.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:11:59 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Terry

Nice Decal! Me too, no cutter yet. I saw a video somewhere that said they got their cutter for $200. For the life of me, can't remember which video it was and can't find it anywhere.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:21:24 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

that was one of matts videoshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjhhVkUFPVU&feature=channel

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:40:46 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks! That's what I thought but when I re-watched most of them, he was using the GCC Jaguar I believe. Appreciate that you sent the link.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:48:57 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Yes, That was my video. It is a mh365 from US cutter. $225. Let me know if you have any questions on it. Nothing special but does the job.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:51:40 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You do not need a cutter. You can use scissors. Here is a video I did with scissors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1-NTB-olM4

Last edited by RhinestoneFetish; July 21st, 2010 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: forgot attachment

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RhinestoneFetish For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 21st, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010), sjidohair (May 22nd, 2011)
Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 12:59:13 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Yes, That was my video. It is a mh365 from US cutter. $225. Let me know if you have any questions on it. Nothing special but does the job.
Hi Matt,

As we see, all is well with you. That is great. I think my toiling back an forth on a cutter has been getting one that does contour cuts or not. I guess it depends on the focus of my business. Of course I would like to do it all but that's not realistic starting out. But I would like to do regular vinyl decals.

Would the mh365 be sufficient for decals? Also I believe it is 12 inches wide. What would be the limitations, other than the obvious?

Thanks to you. You are always so helpful.

Sharon

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 1:34:44 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Hi Sharon, We have 5 of these cutters. We use them for our on-site events and have over 1,000 custom sports decal designs that we have built up over the years that we produce onsite with these exact cutters. (Rodney if this is considered self promotion feel free to remove it just trying to show what these cutters can do) I promise I have no affiliation with US cutter. You can get these on there site or Ebay. If you go to my Decal world site and car decals look at the single color decals. Everyone of those White vinyl decals are produced with the $225 cutter. One of these cutters will pay for it self in a few hours at a good event. Hope this helps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
CocoVee (July 21st, 2010), MDsUnique (July 21st, 2010), sjidohair (May 22nd, 2011)
Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 2:44:02 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That is correct, you do not NEED a vinyl cutter to make these. However, if you purchase the $225 cutter and do multi-decorations with vinyl you will triple your business if done correct. We were at an even 2 weeks again with this $225 cutter and sold $625.00 in rhinestone Decals. Guess what, $475 of that was multi-dec. using this vinyl cutter to customize. So quick review- $150 in rhinestone decal sales if I used scissors without cutter, and $475 in sales using the cutter. Guess what that cutter just paid for itself plus $250.

Don't get me wrong, We have been teaching many of our customers the past month how to do the scissors method and it works great. But, everyone has or is going to by the cutter or a cutter once they have the money. Great for getting started though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010), MDsUnique (July 21st, 2010)
Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 3:31:26 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Hi Sharon, We have 5 of these cutters. We use them for our on-site events and have over 1,000 custom sports decal designs that we have built up over the years that we produce onsite with these exact cutters. (Rodney if this is considered self promotion feel free to remove it just trying to show what these cutters can do) I promise I have no affiliation with US cutter. You can get these on there site or Ebay. If you go to my Decal world site and car decals look at the single color decals. Everyone of those White vinyl decals are produced with the $225 cutter. One of these cutters will pay for it self in a few hours at a good event. Hope this helps.
Thank You so much Matt. That really helps me in making a decision on a cutter. For me it hasn't been an issue of to buy a cutter or not to buy. It has been which will work for someone just starting out and on a very low budget.

Thanks again.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 3:41:47 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jane
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinestoneFetish
You do not need a cutter. You can use scissors. Here is a video I did with scissors

YouTube - How to Make a Rhinestone Car Decal
That is very good info. Thanks for making and posting the video.

Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 6:10:48 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thank you Matt! I really want a cutter and feel that I NEED one for making rhinestone templates. My hand hurts from making transfers by hand. Nice to know there's a cutter to fit my budget. Sorry to get this thread off topic! Can't wait to see what you do to your wife's car. Thanks everyone...

The Following User Says Thank You to tla1217 For This Useful Post:
TheDecalWorld (July 22nd, 2010)
Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 11:57:36 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ruby

Hi Matt, I was going back looking at some different post I want a cutter so bad, but don't know anything about them. I see this post where you talked about the us cutter for $225.00 that is in my budget, but could you tell me what software I would have to get to go with it?

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in