Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 9 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 4:12:32 PM -   #121 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ruby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Yes, I am using Sandy Jo's instructions, I print out what I need in mirrow image on the computer and using the different fonts makes it fun, I sometimes have to play with the stones and remove some and slant different and all that good stuff, but I love the finish products.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), sjidohair (July 26th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 4:14:55 PM -   #122 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Thanks that would be great my niece would love it she is at camp right now and will be there all week I would love to surprise her with a new blinging shirt.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 4:16:01 PM -   #123 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Thanks,Yes, this is the one I use I have it in my favorite window.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 26th, 2010)

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:09:18 PM -   #124 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay
Hello..my name is Cindy and I am the one that owns the website that all of you, except for one, tore apart.

Cindy

Hi Cindy - So sorry to sound as if I was bashing, that was certainly not my intent. Being very new to this myself I was concerned when I saw your site and wondering if I would be able to make any money at this after all. While you may not be able to garner as high a dollar in your area, your website will certainly come up should anyone in any state do a Google search. Thus, they will be able to compare and the low price made me wonder about my own thoughts regarding pricing.

I am really glad the $5 was a typo, LOL! Just curious, but why do you think that the higher price won't fly where you live? I live just up the road in Kentucky and when I tell people that the decals are $25 they are not batting an eye. I'm talking about folks that make very modest wages. I think it's all a matter of perceived value, possibly, and if they value it worthy, they will buy the product.

Of course, we all do what we need to do to get the product sold and money back in our pockets. Please don't take my comments as criticism, just discussion, I'm learning too. Oops, now I've written a novel!

The Following User Says Thank You to vgary For This Useful Post:
tla1217 (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:19:24 PM -   #125 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt

Ok, Testing out a few new template materials now to compare with the DAS black material. Just cut my first with the Hartco and I think that may already be the winner. It is nice to not have to worry about the glue on the bottom and your stones. Some people have mentioned weeding and close stone issues. I did the first cut, but then I used the same method I use with the DAS material and run 2 rotations and that stuff comes off like butter compared to the DAS. Now I do have about 3 more material to try, but this one may be hard to beat. Once I get done with all of these orders I have piling up this week I plan to start up all of the videos I have been promising all of you. Sorry, been crazy busy, but I will get them done soon. If you do have any question post and I will answer to help everyone I can. (PS The custom stone decals are blowing up right now! I just had 6 teams/Businesses email today for custom logo quotes on anywhere from 20-75 decals. Also, just sent out a quote return and samples for a 1,200 shirt and decal combo order. LOL if I land this can I get everyone on the forum to fly down to FLA and help me place some stones and press.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
MDsUnique (July 27th, 2010), vgary (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:20:56 PM -   #126 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

By the way, what happened to this being the SAMPLES thread. LOL We just jump around everywhere. LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
vgary (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:23:06 PM -   #127 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LOL, Great, I would love to come down and help out I have a few weeks left of vacation time.
Keep up the good work!

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:40:52 PM -   #128 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Ok, Testing out a few new template materials now to compare with the DAS black material. Just cut my first with the Hartco and I think that may already be the winner. It is nice to not have to worry about the glue on the bottom and your stones. Some people have mentioned weeding and close stone issues. I did the first cut, but then I used the same method I use with the DAS material and run 2 rotations and that stuff comes off like butter compared to the DAS. Now I do have about 3 more material to try, but this one may be hard to beat. Once I get done with all of these orders I have piling up this week I plan to start up all of the videos I have been promising all of you. Sorry, been crazy busy, but I will get them done soon. If you do have any question post and I will answer to help everyone I can. (PS The custom stone decals are blowing up right now! I just had 6 teams/Businesses email today for custom logo quotes on anywhere from 20-75 decals. Also, just sent out a quote return and samples for a 1,200 shirt and decal combo order. LOL if I land this can I get everyone on the forum to fly down to FLA and help me place some stones and press.
But you forgot to say which Hartco your reffering to. the 425 or the 930.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:43:19 PM -   #129 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

LOL my bad Terry. It is top secret and I won't tell! Umm Hartoc 593.8. LOL

No, It's the green 425. sorry about the lack of info in the post.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), DTFuqua (July 26th, 2010), vgary (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 7:36:43 PM -   #130 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Matt,
Do you think the 12" US Cutter will cut the template material?

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 7:38:47 PM -   #131 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I will of course try. Just need to get all of these templates made for customers and want it to be nice clean cuts for those. But I will try, that will be big at events if MH's do cut it nice.

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 8:21:04 PM -   #132 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

OK, I am in the middle of making some new videos for the site, but wanted to see if this is the results everyone is getting from the Hartco 425? Much easier for me than the DAS Black which is all I had used before. Let me know your results on this same material if you have used it.

YouTube - Rhinestone Template Material Weeding Process

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), vgary (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 8:27:21 PM -   #133 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: PJ

I'll have to get some of that, I struggle with the weeding of the DAS stuff. Thanks.

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 8:30:06 PM -   #134 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I know Boom. I was amazed. It was like butter. I was like DAMN! I still have a few other to test out, but this was so nice I had to post it as it may help some people if they are struggling. The best part is it is not crazy sticky on the back at all! You also don't need any baking soda! I will update when I test the others I have as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), MARLA (July 27th, 2010), tla1217 (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 11:18:58 PM -   #135 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK, I have used the Hartco 425 and yes it does real good. Beware that it is still best to powder the template because there is sometines residual glue trying to hang up your rhinestones. It cuts easy but is a little rubbery and I am not sure how close you can put the cuts for the stones. I guess I'll have to depend on someone else/ya'll to see just how close they can cut without tearing through to the next hole. I'm sorry but I have all my time devoted to a sick family member, I just check in here when I get a few minutes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 27th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010), MDsUnique (July 27th, 2010), tla1217 (July 27th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in