Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2010 Jul 25, 2010 6:46:41 PM -   #91 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Susan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Thank you Scott! That is what I thought. I didn't have any problem putting on my decal without the liquid.

The Following User Says Thank You to RockRebel For This Useful Post:
CyberSultan (July 25th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2010 Jul 25, 2010 7:47:28 PM -   #92 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Exactly! The fluid just makes the decal easier to apply for customers. Not needed at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
CyberSultan (July 25th, 2010), RockRebel (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 25th, 2010 Jul 25, 2010 11:24:33 PM -   #93 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestar
Here is our first go at it... we created a Swarovski design (to show what we can do) along with some vinyl lettering underneath for some easy marketing. WOW.... we LOVE it.... the sparkle in the FL sun is HOT!

Who can provide some TSF links to info about how to create the quality vinyl lettering? Would love to offer the client a combo- like we have done in these photos (we outsourced the vinyl).

Thanks TSF pals!

http://www.regaliarags.com/images/Re...Decal_edit.jpg

http://www.regaliarags.com/images/Re...ecal2_edit.jpg
Great job,

Old July 25th, 2010 Jul 25, 2010 11:31:53 PM -   #94 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemaxine
I'm having some issues with my cutter and the decal material so for the time being I am trimming by hand and not doing as good a job as I would like. This actually is my second decal. I did a star yesterday but my trim job isn't good and I don't want you to see that one. I had trouble getting a shot of it on my truck without my reflection being in the picture so I shot this one at an angle. I didn't get much sparkle taking the picture at an angle but better no sparkle than the reflection of me in my jammies.
Jane you are doing great,, hang in there,, each one will be better than the last,,,,
It looks great,,

The Following User Says Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
lizziemaxine (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 25th, 2010 Jul 25, 2010 11:36:21 PM -   #95 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifestar
YAY! Thanks- it means alot coming from our TSF peers!
LIfestar i love the lights too, but what if you took the vinyl off and put black rhinestone decal dots, now,, woohoooo..

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:43:26 AM -   #96 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Susan

I am wondering if the liquid is even necessary to use with the rhinestone decals. I am curious what others think about it.

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:51:13 AM -   #97 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjidohair
LIfestar i love the lights too, but what if you took the vinyl off and put black rhinestone decal dots, now,, woohoooo..
Thanks SandyJo! Hahah... we have actually had several people say that to us.... we know that the vinyl, as is, does not create any problems with violating any laws in our state regarding taillamps. But we are definately looking in to a "What if" we used rhinestones on the lights!!!

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 6:55:28 AM -   #98 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRebel
I am wondering if the liquid is even necessary to use with the rhinestone decals. I am curious what others think about it.
I am curious about this too.

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 7:17:29 AM -   #99 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Although the application fluid is not required for application of rhinestone decals...I think because of what people will be paying for each rhinestone decal, you might decide to provide the application fluid as a safety precaution so that the customer has some repositioning flexibility during application.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberSultan For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 7:25:22 AM -   #100 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla1217
I am curious about this too.
If you guys/gals would just read a little further back in this thread you'll find the answer. Just to be nice, I'll put my $.02 worth in. No, its not necessary. What it does do is allow some re-positioning of the decal while applying it in case someone were to get a wrinkle or fold or something that would mess up the decal's appearance necessitating pulling it up which could damage the decal permantly. It will also allow for easier removal for a short time after application
in case they decided it should go on the other side or maybe in the middle. Good luck.
Terry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 8:54:09 AM -   #101 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Amy

What exactly is the clear decal material the rhinestones attach to? Is it just a clear vinyl?

Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 10:32:32 AM -   #102 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cindy

Hello..my name is Cindy and I am the one that owns the website that all of you, except for one, tore apart. First off...I discovered the paint protection film months and months ago and never did anything with it. I then saw Matt getting his stuff and selling the heck out of it, so I contacted him and that sort of pushed me into getting my stuff off the ground. My prices reflect the prices that I can get around where I live (TN). There is no way people will pay $20-30 for a decal or t-shirt. So in order to sell and make a little bit of my money back on my original investment, I have used this pricing structure.

Yes the designs are digitally put on the cars, but it gives the buyer a little idea of what it will look like and the actual sizes are listed as well.

I am happy that you guys are doing so well with your designs and sales..I am just one little person trying to make a living out of the small things I am capable of doing. I do lurk alot, don't post alot, because I see how people can get bashed if they say the wrong thing...don't need that..and don't say its constructive criticism because some of it is not. Really Matt has posted alot of good info here and, unless something miraculous happens, I don't see where there can be huge differences in the making of these rhinestones decals. I do have to say that I do not like the rhinestuds, they fade..so I am totally not going to use them. I am also looking for a cheaper manufacturer of the protection film. And you don't need any special formula to install the decals to anything..just make sure the area is clean and stick..the solution is only for people who need more time to reposition the decal..and this is told to them in their instructions by me.

Now that I have written my one novel for this board, I appreciate the comments made and thank whoever found the mistake for the $5.00 mom decal..that was a mistake and is being fixed now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you

Cindy

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ccourtenay For This Useful Post:
BML Builder (July 30th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), CocoVee (July 26th, 2010), CyberSultan (July 26th, 2010), DTFuqua (July 26th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010), Leg cramps (July 26th, 2010), MrRudeDog (October 7th, 2010), RockRebel (July 26th, 2010), Ruby MHarvey (July 26th, 2010), SandyMcC (July 26th, 2010), sjidohair (July 26th, 2010), TheDecalWorld (July 26th, 2010), tla1217 (July 26th, 2010), vgary (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 11:06:15 AM -   #103 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt

Cindy is perfectly correct on this. It all depend on where you live and the demand for these. Here in Florida they LOVE them and will pay top dollar for a good design. However in some states it may be different. You just need to know your market and sell to that market. Just because I am selling them for $20-$25 doesn't mean that YOUR customers in your are are going to pay that price. Believe me, once you make alot of these you will start knocking them out QUICK. You will start making larger template with 3-4 of the design to complete 3-4 at one time. They do take a little time to make but just know your market and what is going to sell for you. I have people at events say that they would pay $30-$35 for the MOM designs. Just because they are so unique and cool! But that is different, it is with a live customer on-site and they will receive the custom item right then. BIG difference then online sales. Everyone keep up the great work!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
BML Builder (July 30th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), CyberSultan (July 26th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010), Leg cramps (July 26th, 2010), SandyMcC (July 26th, 2010), tla1217 (July 26th, 2010), vgary (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 11:51:50 AM -   #104 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay
Hello..my name is Cindy and I am the one that owns the website that all of you, except for one, tore apart. First off...I discovered the paint protection film months and months ago and never did anything with it. I then saw Matt getting his stuff and selling the heck out of it, so I contacted him and that sort of pushed me into getting my stuff off the ground. My prices reflect the prices that I can get around where I live (TN). There is no way people will pay $20-30 for a decal or t-shirt. So in order to sell and make a little bit of my money back on my original investment, I have used this pricing structure.

Yes the designs are digitally put on the cars, but it gives the buyer a little idea of what it will look like and the actual sizes are listed as well.

I am happy that you guys are doing so well with your designs and sales..I am just one little person trying to make a living out of the small things I am capable of doing. I do lurk alot, don't post alot, because I see how people can get bashed if they say the wrong thing...don't need that..and don't say its constructive criticism because some of it is not. Really Matt has posted alot of good info here and, unless something miraculous happens, I don't see where there can be huge differences in the making of these rhinestones decals. I do have to say that I do not like the rhinestuds, they fade..so I am totally not going to use them. I am also looking for a cheaper manufacturer of the protection film. And you don't need any special formula to install the decals to anything..just make sure the area is clean and stick..the solution is only for people who need more time to reposition the decal..and this is told to them in their instructions by me.

Now that I have written my one novel for this board, I appreciate the comments made and thank whoever found the mistake for the $5.00 mom decal..that was a mistake and is being fixed now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you

Cindy
Cindy,
It will be amazing to have you here, with us with all the decals and rhinestone stuff..
Thanks for posting
MMM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
BML Builder (July 30th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010)
Old July 26th, 2010 Jul 26, 2010 1:47:23 PM -   #105 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccourtenay

Thank you

Cindy
Hi Cindy,

I sincerely apologize if anything that I said was taken as bashing. I would never intentionally do that to anyone, ever.

I completely agree with you about different areas and understand that what Matt might get in Florida, you might not get in TN. Thanks for reminding me because it's very true.

I wish you the very best with your sales and I'm happy to see you here.

Last edited by tla1217; July 26th, 2010 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Incorrect word used.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tla1217 For This Useful Post:
BML Builder (July 30th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 26th, 2010), MDsUnique (July 27th, 2010), sjidohair (July 26th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in