Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 3:15:57 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoVee
Matt, Thanks again. I must apologize also because I know that you wanted to share decal designs in this thread. Those of us that don't have a vinyl cutter and so anxious to get started have lots of questions. When we find someone that can answer our questions and give us details we are all in. I too don't want to go into debt with cc or loans to get goin in this business. I'd rather pay cash.

Sharon
No problem Sharon, Once we get you all started making them, that will just be more people that can post some new images of what they are doing. There's million of customers out there, no need for me to hoard them all. LOL. You better get on it though or I am going to steal them all. LOL. J/K let me know if you have any other questions or need help with anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
CocoVee (July 22nd, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 3:31:46 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Terry

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Thanks for all the info Matt! Now that the President has signed the unemployment extension, I'm good for a few months and can really kick it in gear to make it happen. Yikes! Totally under pressure here! Can't wait to get that darn cutter as this could really help to grow my little biz. Not to keep us off topic but I'm wondering if the Funtime software will be compatible with the mh365. I'll ask them a US Cutter and let everyone know.

Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 5:23:42 PM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ruby

I will be attending a NNEP show in Houston August 6th and 7th and they will have people there with rhinestone machines, I can't wait to see what I can afford to come home with. I just hope they have something in my price range, if not I will continue to depend on Matt to make my templates until I can afford to get what I need.

Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 7:50:00 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Vida

Hi all - you guys keep jumpin' around, I'm havin' a hard time findin' ya, LOL! I'm into it now!

Just posted on the original thread that I sold my first 20 bling shirts to a long time restaurant customer.

I'm spending my free time designing. I've set a goal of two school designs per day till I build up my files. I work a "regular" job during the day so this is job two.

Anyways...here's a photo of an earlier completed decal...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7040010a.jpg (135.0 KB, 127 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vgary For This Useful Post:
Amandazon247 (April 18th, 2011), CreativeInk (December 10th, 2011), Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 8:02:18 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

By the way, I just noticed this site: Car Window Rhinestone Decals - on a side-bar Google Ad on the forums here. When I checked it out, this site is selling the decals for $15 apiece!?! I hate it that some will go low and not keep the value up.

Old July 23rd, 2010 Jul 23, 2010 2:52:39 AM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Very pretty decal Vida! I am doing the same thing. I'm making local School letters to show and then I'll hit the bricks and get some orders and I'll post them on my site.

Old July 23rd, 2010 Jul 23, 2010 3:18:26 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

vgary, I understand what you mean,but this is america.Not to many doing this application so based on supply and demand I would think they could raise their price and make more profits but hey to each thier own.I like the web site,I think the only comment I have is the decals are mocked onto the car and the scale does not look right to me.they look more like 6x10 decals not 3x8.congrads to whoevers site it is and good luck!

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 1:55:28 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mrs. Bacon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgary
By the way, I just noticed this site: Car Window Rhinestone Decals - on a side-bar Google Ad on the forums here. When I checked it out, this site is selling the decals for $15 apiece!?! I hate it that some will go low and not keep the value up.

Here is her other website... Rhinestone Car Decals
...and they are even cheaper on there.

She is ccourtenay here on the forum https://www.t-shirtforums.com/members/ccourtenay.html
I so wish that she would post some of her tips & instructions! I really like her decals!

Good ole' America! I LOVE it!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashamutt For This Useful Post:
DTFuqua (July 24th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 2:02:34 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Oh No! $5.00 for Football Mom????

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 3:26:21 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla1217
Oh No! $5.00 for Football Mom????
I'm really, really hoping this is a typo!?

If a lot of sites start cheaping out, that will mean I'm workin' for nothing basically.

I better get out there and make mine while the stones still bling!

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 3:36:42 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Sometimes, waiting can be a smart thing to do. The custom ones are still going to be premium.

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 4:11:22 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric

whos gonna sell em for $1.99? LOL...Im starting "The Rhinestone Conglomerate" and I say set them at $20 for now.supply and demand people.Im just thinking...that web site selling the basketball mom for $5...how much profit you think they are making?Theyd have to sell 6 of them to make the profit for one at $20.Capitalism 101!To join the "The Rhinestone Conglomerate"pm me to find out where to send your dues.LOL

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 4:30:20 PM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua
Sometimes, waiting can be a smart thing to do. The custom ones are still going to be premium.
I have to agree with that. I do way more custom rhinestone transfers than I do my stock designs.

Quote:
Easy to apply all that is needed is a drop or two of liquid soap, water, and alcohol sprayed onto the back of the decal and VOILA, a one of a kind decal that will grab everybodies attention!!

This is a 6" decal that can also be placed on a tshirt as well.
The above information was taken from her listing. Can anyone tell me how it's possible for this decal can be applied to a window as well as a t-shirt? Also looks like she is having her customer's mix up their own application solution. I personally don't think that is a very good idea because if they don't mix it correctly you may not have a happy customer.

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 4:37:55 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I agree that the custom designs will be the huge market. Just remember that you are all selling a top quality product and no corners have been cut.

I'm not trying to be rude to the seller but I can't imagine how you would put a car decal on a shirt since the design has been pressed onto vinyl if done correctly.

Old July 24th, 2010 Jul 24, 2010 4:59:26 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Here are my first two designs before being pressed onto the vinyl. Done by hand so, still making adjustments to the designs. Can't wait to get my vinyl, bottles and spray! Then the cutter and software will soon follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD Grosse Isle.jpg (479.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg CD THS.jpg (777.1 KB, 58 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tla1217 For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 27th, 2010), Leg cramps (July 24th, 2010), taricp35 (July 26th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in