Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 16 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 8:58:54 PM -   #226 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua
Well I finaly made the file for a basketball template so I could actualy participate and needed something to keep my mind busy too. Doesn't look right though
Great start Terry. Just go in an play around with the circles a little in the open areas. You have to do this on most designs. I little adjustment and you will be good to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 9:37:34 PM -   #227 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

I'm with Matt, Terry! Great start!! Really great! I was happy to see it! Especially after watching and reading some many of these rhinestone posts from how far back did we start reading them Terry? And God bless you, diving in. I still feel like I am waiting for the right thing... which I think has arrived. What you are using. It seems to fit the bill. One of these new programs. And get a different cutter. I can't be bothered with my old Graphtec. Too much to do to get it all set up bc of that driver. Can be done... but by someone with more drive/energy than me to do it. :P

If you tweek this design, will you weigh in on how hard it was or wasn't to manipulate? Thanks alot, Terry. As always a pleasure. I love your posts. I always smile when I read them lol.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 10:03:41 PM -   #228 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Way to go Terry!

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 4:11:53 AM -   #229 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

Sorry, Kelly, I was rushing and not thinking. I will be more attentive to the TSF rules in the future. This rhinestone decal thing just has me soooo excited. My apologies to all on TSF

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 4:14:27 AM -   #230 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjidohair
A basket ball is a hard one,, as the lines curve,,
you did great,,
each one you do will be better,,,
just remember to curve your lines with the designs that need them.
MMM
Ok, MMM now you have my brain in a twist. How do you "curve" your lines of rhinestone placements

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 5:19:42 AM -   #231 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry

Actualy, that was with a whole lot of tweaking. I just used Corel Draw and the contour function and Luis's macro, FDO2P. I wish I could get the DAS system but Santa Claus don't come to my house anymore. Does the DAS need a whole lot of tweaking when doing fills? I have funtime and will figure out how to get some images into it and try again sometime when Cathys resting easy again. Thanks for the encouragment and the well wishes. Ya'll are pretty great to have on my side.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 5:24:02 AM -   #232 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yes, Terry. There is still alot of tweaking the the DAS software as well. For a design like that it is never just going to fill perfect. It gets much quicker the more you do it though.

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 7:34:52 AM -   #233 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhamps
Ok, MMM now you have my brain in a twist. How do you "curve" your lines of rhinestone placements
Slick,,
You are to funny,,,,
ok this is what i meant,,with terrys basketball if he leaves all lines straight,, he will end up with the unfilled areas, in the design,,,

so at some point you just need to get into that design and start to take some of those lines and start to place the dots so they form a curve,,, to fill in the blank areas,,
Most likely this will be done by hand moving the dots around untill you are comfortable with the spacing,,,,

All of the lines should flow,, and not make your eye stop,, on the design anywhere,,
When you look at it, you should see the basketball,,, then the outline, then the inside contour lines, and then the ball itself,,,,

When you are done and can stand back and see your design in that way,, you are done..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 29th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 8:07:31 AM -   #234 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Di (Diana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua
Actualy, that was with a whole lot of tweaking. I just used Corel Draw and the contour function and Luis's macro, FDO2P. I wish I could get the DAS system but Santa Claus don't come to my house anymore. Does the DAS need a whole lot of tweaking when doing fills? I have funtime and will figure out how to get some images into it and try again sometime when Cathys resting easy again. Thanks for the encouragment and the well wishes. Ya'll are pretty great to have on my side.
Terry,
This is a volleyball I'm working on right now. You might be able to see the vector outline in the background. I first did the outline including the lines to define the inside of the volleyball. Then I did a Raster fill just to have stones on there but I have moved every single one so far to put it where I want to. With rounded and arched designs, I tend to start on the outside and work with the curve as much as possible then work my way into the inside. Then when you get to a point where you can't do that, kind of scatter or space the stones so that there isn't a major gap in space.
Attached Images
File Type: png Volleyball in making.png (315.7 KB, 22 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diana13t For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 29th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 8:16:21 AM -   #235 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Darn MMM. I was hoping you had pulled out that magic wand of yours and had figured out how to tweek the fill parameters in DAS or some other system so that it would do that for me. You know, DAS needs to give a seminar on playing with the various "functions" in those 3 fill types (random, hatch, island). I heard Craig mention in another webinar that they had "done some cool things with the fill patterns", but for the life of me, all I get are straight lines.

Oh well, on to the next design

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 9:34:43 AM -   #236 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kathy

What you need to do if you are using the smartcut pro, is when you use the placing tool, choose "user". This will bring up a second window. This is where you can make a lot more changes witht the fill and outline features. Unfortunately the users guide doesn't do a great job explaining this section, and as far as I know there are no webinars available. I'm going to be on vacation next week and I'm hoping to be able to write up some instructions/ tutorials using this feature. If you create a simple circle outline and then just start playing with the different settings you will see what I mean. It is confusing though. I will let everyone know when I have something ready.

Kathy

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SewMuchMore For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 29th, 2010), BML Builder (July 30th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 29th, 2010), diana13t (July 29th, 2010), sjidohair (July 29th, 2010), TheDecalWorld (July 31st, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 9:38:36 AM -   #237 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhamps
Darn MMM. I was hoping you had pulled out that magic wand of yours and had figured out how to tweek the fill parameters in DAS or some other system so that it would do that for me. You know, DAS needs to give a seminar on playing with the various "functions" in those 3 fill types (random, hatch, island). I heard Craig mention in another webinar that they had "done some cool things with the fill patterns", but for the life of me, all I get are straight lines.

Oh well, on to the next design

oh I wish i had a magic wand,
I did post another post over at the Decal area,,, on this as well,, check it out,,
It is a lil hint to make it alot easier,, I forgot that some might not know it,,,,
Hope it helps slick,,, and anyone else..
Just make sure your image is vectorized and ungrouped to use it,,
Sandy jo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 29th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 9:39:31 AM -   #238 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewMuchMore
What you need to do if you are using the smartcut pro, is when you use the placing tool, choose "user". This will bring up a second window. This is where you can make a lot more changes witht the fill and outline features. Unfortunately the users guide doesn't do a great job explaining this section, and as far as I know there are no webinars available. I'm going to be on vacation next week and I'm hoping to be able to write up some instructions/ tutorials using this feature. If you create a simple circle outline and then just start playing with the different settings you will see what I mean. It is confusing though. I will let everyone know when I have something ready.

Kathy
Kathy,, that would help alot ,,,
But remember your Vacation is a time to relax and recharge as well....
Sandy jo

Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 9:40:54 AM -   #239 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewMuchMore

Kathy
I'm going to the NNEP Embroidery Mart South show here in Houston next Friday. DAS will be there. I'll ask them to demonstrate the fill feature and I'll post the info.
Any other questions you would like me to ask them?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lizziemaxine For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 29th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 29th, 2010), DTFuqua (July 29th, 2010), sjidohair (July 29th, 2010), vgary (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 29th, 2010 Jul 29, 2010 9:45:59 AM -   #240 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemaxine
I'm going to the NNEP Embroidery Mart South show here in Houston next Friday. DAS will be there. I'll ask them to demonstrate the fill feature and I'll post the info.
Any other questions you would like me to ask them?
I love your new avatar,,
MMM Sandy jo

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in