Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 15 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:28:54 PM -   #211 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Di (Diana)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby MHarvey
Diana those look great!
Thanks Ruby. The first time I created the design, I put the circles too close together so the entire design "punched out"...not good. And that was after taking almost a whole day to space out the circles. So then the next day I wised up and put them a little further apart.

One thing I started doing for the fill is using the Raster instead of the Hatch (if you have the DAS system). Then if I'm working with a letter or shape that can mirror half of itself I space out one side, copy the whole design or letter (in case of mess ups), delete the bad side, copy the good side, mirror the copy and line up both sides. Then of course you still have to make a few adjustments, but it works real well for some things. Of course I'm a little freakish about the whole spacing thing and things looking "even" My husband makes fun of me all the time about this. He looks at a design and says it's fine....but then I have to still go move some stones around to appease my OCD...ha ha ha.

Di

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:38:14 PM -   #212 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Di (Diana)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua
I have thought of cutting twice and intended to try it when I cut again. I know to just make two of the design, one directly on top of the other and it will cut twice. There isn't a cut twice option in the Graphtec cutting plug-in for Corel Draw. I have bought a "clean-cut" blade for my cutter so maybe that will make a difference. Maybe just leave a small portion of a design to cut once by deleting a few dots from the second copy that will get laid on top of the first. I used to hate when downloaded art would have multiple layers on top of each other but now I see where that can be a good thing sometimes.
I have a GCC Jaguar IV cutter and have my over cut set to .45. My circles never come off when I first pull the design up. But I flip the backing for the SS material over and lay the template on the back side, rub my fingers over the circles and about 99-100% of them come out. I did try the double cut method and it totally screwed up my design. It was at the very end of a 2,000+ rhinestone design and stopped because of an error. The circles started popping out and jammed up the cutter and I had to re-cut the whole design. So I'm sticking with the one cut and making sure my over cut is set correctly.

Of course I do realize not all cutters have the over cut feature and maybe this does work better for others. Just be careful with that method.

Di

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:40:08 PM -   #213 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ruby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

LOL I know that is the good thing about working in the extra room.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:44:20 PM -   #214 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Oh my, you need lots and lots of space, I have a hard time keeping up with my little supply of just getting started how in the world do you manage?

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:49:25 PM -   #215 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I really like the look of the 2mm stones, I will be so glad when I get my cutter, although reading all the different post it makes me wonder if I am going to be able to do this when I get my cutter. I am hoping to find one next week when I go to the NNEP show in Houston.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
tla1217 (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:13:08 PM -   #216 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg cramps
Matt I didnt know this either,I figured you can make any thing you want for yourself as long as your not selling it,especially if it is used just as an example.Ho hum.

U.S. Copyright Office and www.trademark.gov have great answers to clear that misconception up. Actually, if you do not hold the C or TM, you do not have the right to re-create it, even if not for sale, but, that is a discussion for another thread. One that has been created many times over on the forum already.

But the rule this is sited is not regarding copyright or trademark according to the law. It is a TSF guideline that was sited, because at TSF, breaking C or TM is not with the spirit of the forum. Many folks on here design, and can appreciate the respect extended to holder of the C and TM's.

I hope you can as well.

It is just as easy for Matt to create a video for the products he wants to demonstrate using a design he holds C to.

The point of the lesson is not the design, but the process.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:23:11 PM -   #217 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: PJ

Di
I'm with you on the getting the spacing correct. I know most people wouldn't even see if a stone was slightly out of line. I've become very good friends with the alignment tool in SCP

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:24:19 PM -   #218 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Multi decoration has gone to a whole new level. Ok, The new creation has past copyright inspection and can now be released. My fault for the delay and not knowing the forum rules. Thanks for the heads up Kelly. We call this one the "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" lol. Just a regular rhinestone decal with some extra JUICE! This way the logo will not lose any of its detail or quality and can be as detailed as they want!! But, It will BLING out of this world! It almost look 3D on the car. You should see this thing outside. This right here is some BLING CHA CHING! for cheer and dance teams.
Thank you, Matt!!! Way to be Great Forum Member on many levels all at once!! Nice job, and thanks for sharing in a way that does not risk crossing lines or getting anyone in trouble.

Copyright holders have come here before and looked for their designs, not in a friendly way. It's best all around the way you just did it. Great job and Thx!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girlzndollz For This Useful Post:
ashamutt (July 28th, 2010), Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:25:47 PM -   #219 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mrs. Bacon

....and a breath of fresh air seeing you here again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ashamutt For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:32:53 PM -   #220 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgary
We must all be busy...it's kinda quiet on these boards lately, LOL!

I don't know if this is appropriate, but I wondered if anyone has already set up a skull and crossbones design yet and if so would consider selling or trading?

I'm in need of one to do a custom decal ASAP and I'm just overloaded right now. So I thought I would see if anyone has already done the work and save a step or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allhamps
Vida, I have a skull & cross bones set up. It's about 5x5. PM me if you still need it and let me know how you want the file, or if you need an actual template.
Rodney has made a request that files not be requested nor offered on the boards. Sorry to be the bearer of what might be considered bad news, folks, but his board, his rules.

Here is the link to the rules on filing requestion/sharing. Please look:

https://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-i...tml#post547755

It says:

We Do Not Allow File Sharing at TshirtForums:
T-ShirtForums is a friendly discussion forum for the t-shirt industry.

Our members love to share helpful information and sometimes may not realize that sharing digital files that they didn't create could violate copyright and licensing agreements for those files.

Digital artwork (like clipart, vector files, etc) are considered intellectual property, and although you may own the right to use a set that you own, it often violates the licensing agreement when you share those digital files with people who did not purchase the digital files from the copyright owner.

Please do not use T-ShirtForums to ask for digital files to be sent to you.

Please do not offer to send someone a digital file that you did not create.

You can ask where you can buy a particular vector file or piece of clipart, but you can't ask someone to send you the files or to contact you via PM so they can send you the files.

Please help us out by pointing people to the places where they can legitimately buy the digital files they need

Thread Note:
I am dropping this information right into this thread because I see alot of new names here. Now everyone is more aware of the rules and how things work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Girlzndollz For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 29th, 2010), BlingItOn (July 29th, 2010), SandyMcC (July 28th, 2010), TheDecalWorld (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 8:20:55 PM -   #221 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

Wow, some of you have a lot of stuff!! Maybe if I get hubby to read about how much stuff you all have and how much space/spaces you need, maybe I can get that little building a whole lot quicker. I was waiting for my middle son to go away to college, he just graduated, but he announced that he was going to a local school and HE DOESN'T WANT TO STAY ON CAMPUS. So much for moving into the top floor of the house

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 8:42:19 PM -   #222 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhamps
Wow, some of you have a lot of stuff!! Maybe if I get hubby to read about how much stuff you all have and how much space/spaces you need, maybe I can get that little building a whole lot quicker. I was waiting for my middle son to go away to college, he just graduated, but he announced that he was going to a local school and HE DOESN'T WANT TO STAY ON CAMPUS. So much for moving into the top floor of the house
Hi Slick, did you see the post above yours? There's info in there you need to be aware of, thanks.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 9:19:54 PM -   #223 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Vida

Oops! I made a forum boo-boo, so sorry Kelly and all. I totally understand the meaning behind the rule and will be happy to abide in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to vgary For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 9:48:46 PM -   #224 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry

Well I finaly made the file for a basketball template so I could actualy participate and needed something to keep my mind busy too. Doesn't look right though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg basketballdots.jpg (44.8 KB, 30 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
CyberSultan (July 28th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 29th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 9:55:10 PM -   #225 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo

A basket ball is a hard one,, as the lines curve,,
you did great,,
each one you do will be better,,,
just remember to curve your lines with the designs that need them.
MMM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 29th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in