Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 14 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:03:38 PM -   #196 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Vida
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjidohair
Awesome,,,,,
It is simple, do what you love,, and you will love doing it,, ( no matter what time of day or night)
I can relate to the late nights and 80+ hours a week. I just wish I could spend the ENTIRE 80 on creating designs and bling! Unfortunately I have to spend 40-60 of them at the resort, LOL! And then there is that family thing...laundry...meals...spouse.

Quick fun poll: How many of you work out of a shop/store and how many of you work from home (a room, a garage, a basement)?

Me, I live and work on the resort property but have a separate shop space that is all mine here on the property. I sometimes think it would be easier if it was attached to my house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:05:43 PM -   #197 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
It is sweet because the PPF acts as a laminate for the decal underneath to protect it from the weather.
What is PPF? The Xpel? Also, are those clear stones? They really look clear in the photo, I mean even more so than usual.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:12:09 PM -   #198 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

I work out of my house (basement, back porch, living room, kitchen, where ever I can find space at the time). My husband has vowed to put one of those large storage sheds or a trailer type thingy out back so I can have a dedicated space and he can have his house back without falling over shirts/templates, etc. This morning he told me he found a couple of those template "boogers" stuck to the milk carton in the refrigerator. Boy do I need my own space!!!

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:16:15 PM -   #199 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhamps
This morning he told me he found a couple of those template "boogers" stuck to the milk carton in the refrigerator. Boy do I need my own space!!!
Ha, ha, ha...that's funny!

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:25:56 PM -   #200 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgary
What is PPF? The Xpel? Also, are those clear stones? They really look clear in the photo, I mean even more so than usual.
Yes, Vida the PPF Is paint protection film. They are clear stones in the design. It is just the white in the background that make them jump out more.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:35:26 PM -   #201 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Matt,looks great!keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to Leg cramps For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 1:42:45 PM -   #202 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ruby

I started out in my bedroom and then we added another master bedroom and I got that. I had so much stuff my husband told me I had to get out. I came home from work one day to find a portable building in the yard, so I am blessed to have my own space.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
allhamps (July 28th, 2010), CyberSultan (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:03:01 PM -   #203 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

Ruby, that is EXACTLY what he intends to ge me. I've been doing some price comparisons and trying to figure out what size, but I'm not REALLY sure where to start. I just don't want my husband and the boys to get me out back in that portable building and forget about me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allhamps For This Useful Post:
CyberSultan (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:11:33 PM -   #204 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I work in my basement...although as many rhinestones as I find all over my house you would think that I work in every room.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlingItOn For This Useful Post:
CyberSultan (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:14:42 PM -   #205 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

He put mine in the front on the side next to the driveway, I am between the house and the road so when people come they don't have to go in the back yard, and it is close enough to the house that if I need him he can get to me quick, I work at night sometime.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:19:39 PM -   #206 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I was blessed we got a repo that still looked new My husband ran the wire to the building for my lights and ac. he put up the sheetrock and the shelves, it is nice to have a place I had to wait two years before it happened but if finally came. try to get you one large enough that you want out grow it. I have two sewing machines, two sergers, a home embroidery machine a commerical embroidery machine and my press in mine. besides all the plastic bins and my tables that everything is own. I use the top part of the building for storage. Hope you gets yours soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:21:33 PM -   #207 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LOL even though I have a building when my daughter comes over to help me we use the kitchen table and the bar, I don't like my grandkids in my shop to much for them to get into. I to have stones everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby MHarvey For This Useful Post:
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:28:32 PM -   #208 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: PJ

I had used our 2nd bedroom for years for my art stuff, but then we started the business, I packed up everything into totes (and I mean lots of totes, big ones) which now reside in my dining room including the enormous work table. I have yet to find a place for my sewing machines and serger which is still in that bedroom. Best thing about working in the house is that there is no spare bedroom for relatives that want to visit me in the winter in FL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boomerbabe For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 2:29:28 PM -   #209 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: PJ

Oh yeah, and I have 3 weaving looms in my living room

The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerbabe For This Useful Post:
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 3:21:23 PM -   #210 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have a retail brick and morter shop, for the retail sales, shipping and pickups,, and taking orders,,

Then i have a Basement in my home which houses all the vinyl cutters,, presses, computers, screenprinting goodies, as well as sewing machines and sergers,,
One room alone is stocked with Rhinestones and Rhinestuds, templates and Template material , transfer tape and Transfers for Retail and ready for shipping.

The Basement of my building under my shop downtown, stores my
Sign vinyl , heat press vinyl, and large rolls of Transfer tape, as well as huge rolls of 3m vinyl and others,,,
all the big bulk items stay there,, mask, and clear tapes as well as all the shipping boxes and packng materials,, I only keep about 10 yards of stuff at home,, at a time,,
And 2 rolls of template material, of different sizes at home.

I think I want to take over the Garage and turn it into a shop,, and have my hubby build another,, for him,, a bigger one,,
and bring everything together,,,
And with making signs and banners we have to have huge tables,, or huge metal walls,, for sticking the signs,
those i have in the basement of my building,, so each night I pack up what I need from my building and cart it home,, each morning i cart all the shipping boxes to the post office on my way to work,, I not only have template boogers everywhere but i feel like a pack camel,,,lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in