Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 12 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:54:08 AM -   #166 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sharon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Hey Terry, Thanks! FAR FAR from landed though. We were just contacted by someone to send samples of the product of what they want to see if they like it and if it will work for the project they are doing. Fingers are crossed and we will see. I think what I sent exactly what they want and I think it will work.
Congrats Matt!! They have obviously seen your work and like it enough to have "contacted you". I think this is great and I love to hear this type of story. It is very encouraging, especially since you have explained how you started. I know it does take hard work and dedication. My fingers are crossed with you. You deserve it.

Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to CocoVee For This Useful Post:
TheDecalWorld (July 28th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:58:40 AM -   #167 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Terry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingItOn
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm? I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.

If this design doesn't work as a car decal it would look awesome on a t-shirt or hoodie. Nice work!
The different sized stones might work if someone were to press the smaller stones first and then the larger ones? Maybe someone with time on their hands could try it with a small decal to see?

The Following User Says Thank You to DTFuqua For This Useful Post:
Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:04:17 AM -   #168 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt

Yes, Terry. We are tested this last week and it seems like it is working. Just a little tricky with the time and stuff with making sure the stones are secure without over pressing the decal material.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
DTFuqua (July 28th, 2010), Girlzndollz (July 28th, 2010)

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:14:15 AM -   #169 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Gotta read the rules, Matt. First important step when joining a forum. And no need to apologize, most of the members are very aware of the guidelines.
No worries. I don't want to break any rules and I was unaware of that. Glad you got me before I posted it. Sorry for getting your hopes up TSF it was my fault for not knowing the rules. I wanted to make a sample of this design as thought it would look cool and am going to present it to a company with Licensing to see if they want to add it to their current inventory. That Licensing is way to expensive and I need to find someone that I can work under. If anyone would happen to know a company, please share.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:16:52 AM -   #170 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm?
Quote:
I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.
If this design doesn't work as a car decal it would look awesome on a t-shirt or hoodie. Nice work!
UGH! Thanks, I must have missed that one somehow. They are 3mm and 2mm stones. Hmmm....

They are already using this design on hoodies and t-shirts and are pretty excited for car decals. Hope I can make it work! It's not my design, I'm just making it into a decal for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to tla1217 For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:17:44 AM -   #171 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric

Matt I didnt know this either,I figured you can make any thing you want for yourself as long as your not selling it,especially if it is used just as an example.Ho hum.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 6:21:34 AM -   #172 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla1217
UGH! Thanks, I must have missed that one somehow. They are 3mm and 2mm stones. Hmmm....

They are already using this design on hoodies and t-shirts and are pretty excited for car decals. Hope I can make it work! It's not my design, I'm just making it into a decal for them.
Terry, That is not a very detailed design. If I were you I would just re-create it in all ss10 or 3mm and you will be GOLDEN! That will look great as a car decal and they will love it just as much as all one size stone. All your doing is creating more work for yourself when you use multiple size stones. Keep it simple and it will increase your production time which in turn increases your profits!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
CocoVee (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:33:56 AM -   #173 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Oh for Pete's sake! Why didn't I just think of that. There aren't that many 2mm stones on there. I'll just pull them off and replace with 3mm. Thanks!

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:35:01 AM -   #174 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MMM/sandy jo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.
Great design,,, and I think that will work,,

What I want you to do is peel the top sheet off after pressing, like we do

and what I have found for decals like this,, or seperate letter decals, like my kids rocks,,

Put that piece of transfer tape back on, the image,,
Peel off the back to losen it, put it back on,, and send it,,
tell her when she applies, to peel the back,, off
leaving the top carrier sheet,, to help apply,
she will do fine..
If you have any questions,, let me know
MMM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjidohair For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:36:36 AM -   #175 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks bunches Sandy Jo!

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:40:20 AM -   #176 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Unhappy Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
No worries. I don't want to break any rules and I was unaware of that. Glad you got me before I posted it. Sorry for getting your hopes up TSF it was my fault for not knowing the rules. I wanted to make a sample of this design as thought it would look cool and am going to present it to a company with Licensing to see if they want to add it to their current inventory. That Licensing is way to expensive and I need to find someone that I can work under. If anyone would happen to know a company, please share.
Matt ,
That is exactly what I do,, when i have a logo that i think would look great blinged out,,,

I contact the company before i do anything,, if they show interest I get permission to use there logo for a proof,, for them,,only..

Design it,, and send it to them ,,,

Dont think of using their logo,, think of working for that company,,,, with a one time use permit,,,, with that design,.

That way you dont have to buy anything,,, you are working for them..... under there license,,

but dont touch the logo untill they say go......

I was looking forward to your decal on steroids,,, video

TheDecalWorld (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:44:22 AM -   #177 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm? I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.

I have to say,, I have made a ton of 2mm stone decals,,, that have been awesome,, and all the stones have the lil cups under them just fine,,,
I think everyone should expierment on their own,,,,
the 2mm bling like crazy,, the cheer mom i posted was a 2mm -6ss stone.
Maybe the pressure needs to be a lil more with the 2mm to make the cup,,,
If someone else tries them let us know,, as they are doing great for me ,,,and this cannot be a climate thing,,lol

mixing the sizes of stones again could be a problem with the pressure thing,,,,,possible,,

DTFuqua (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:45:29 AM -   #178 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Yes, Sandy is correct. What we are doing now if using our vinyl transfer tape for this process. The hot fix tape just gets a little dented and doesn't look quite as good for the customers. (But works) That is how I was able to apply that K Monique design I posted. Very easy that way. Just like applying a vinyl decal. I have a video from few months ago applying it like that posted on here somewhere. May have been the original posting for the decal stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 7:50:54 AM -   #179 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjidohair
I have to say,, I have made a ton of 2mm stone decals,,, that have been awesome,, and all the stones have the lil cups under them just fine,,,

mixing the sizes of stones again could be a problem with the pressure thing,,,,,possible,,
Yes, Sandy the 2mm stones look awesome in the designs. They work perfect every time if you use all 2mm. We have used 6's 10's 16 and 20's all perfect. The one post I was just pertaining to mix stone size decals. Because the 3mm are higher than the 2mm and the pressure doesnt get all the way down to the 2mm. Hope it didnt confuse anyone. If you have a detailed design use 2mm and it will work perfect. If all the stone are the same size you will have no issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010), vgary (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 8:20:00 AM -   #180 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Di (Diana)

Quote:
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.
That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I have been applying the decals the way DAS suggests: peeling the backing off, spray design, press and peel topping. I usually wait a few minutes before peeling the top and it all depends on how much you spray (the more you spray the longer it takes to dry). But I have not had one problem with it yet. After I peel the transfer film off, I press with the paper towel again.

So if you use this method with that design, I think it would be just fine.

Di

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diana13t For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 28th, 2010), sjidohair (July 28th, 2010), tla1217 (July 28th, 2010)

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in