Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc - Page 11 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 5:20:05 PM -   #151 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Great job Di!!

The Following User Says Thank You to CyberSultan For This Useful Post:
diana13t (July 27th, 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 6:02:13 PM -   #152 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Matt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

New Custom Dance Logo for a team order of shirts and car decals. Had to get a little creative with this one. Have to apply this one a different way and might have found a new little trick. I am going to play around with it a little more and will let you know. Can't apply a decal like this with the sticker method. LOL

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
Boomerbabe (July 27th, 2010), CyberSultan (July 27th, 2010), Leg cramps (July 28th, 2010), MDsUnique (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 6:48:17 PM -   #153 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Terry

Nice design! I'm curious though, why can't you use the sticker method Matt? I have to make a decal from someone's logo and it's kind of fancy so I'm going to be watching with interest! I'll scan the design tomorrow to show you what I mean.

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 6:49:11 PM -   #154 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Very nice Di!

The Following User Says Thank You to tla1217 For This Useful Post:
diana13t (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 8:08:23 PM -   #155 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla1217
Nice design! I'm curious though, why can't you use the sticker method Matt? I have to make a decal from someone's logo and it's kind of fancy so I'm going to be watching with interest! I'll scan the design tomorrow to show you what I mean.
I tried it first with the sticker method and because the wording is so thin and contoured around it is very hard to handle. I was able to do it very carefully, but I have handled 500 of these things. There is NO WAY a customer would be able to and they would screw it up 90% of the time guaranteed. The other problem is as you all know that have created a decal the hot fix tape gets so stuck to the decals you can also not apply it like a regular vinyl decal because it would stick to the surface it the bond is stronger on the Hot fix tape. This is why everyone is including myself is doing dense designs. Single line fonts are difficult to apply. But, I have some stuff coming in this week I think may work? Who knows. I hope so. I just sent out a few samples to Victoria Secret yesterday. A rep contacted me about some stuff they want in their stores. If it works, ALL of their stores! LOL

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 9:47:38 PM -   #156 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

OK, new project in the works right now and I THINK it is going to work!!! Uh oh heads up Rhinestone world. I am going to call this process a "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" LOL. Will post a video and image in a few once the process is complete. About to make our current rhinestone decal designs look like a 80's look. Of course the sample I am using I can't sell but thought it would be a good tester. Boy if I only had licensing this would have insane sales! Imagine this process with regular high school, team, or business logos. I know quit talking and show me a "Rhinestone Decal on STEROIDS" lol

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDecalWorld For This Useful Post:
DTFuqua (July 27th, 2010)
Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 10:20:55 PM -   #157 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Will post a video and image in a few once the process is complete. About to make our current rhinestone decal designs look like a 80's look. Of course the sample I am using I can't sell but thought it would be a good tester. Boy if I only had licensing this would have insane sales! Imagine this process with regular high school, team, or business logos. I know quit talking and show me a "Rhinestone Decal on STEROIDS" lol
Sorry, Matt. According to TSF rules and guidelines, if you do not have the copyright to the image, or permission from the copyright owner, which you just said you do not, you are not permitted to post said image here on TSF.

Please see:

No Copyrighted Material

Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums or used as an avatar without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. The T-Shirt Forums shall not be held responsible for member-posted information that may violate copyright law.

Please follow this link for more information:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/forum-information/t4.html

If you would like to create a video with a design you do own the copyright to, please, with thanks, share on TSF.

Thank you for your cooperation. Good luck with the new product.

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 10:27:25 PM -   #158 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Ohhh no. Dang. I just finished it up too. Sorry forum, I am not allowed to post the "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" Man, I just wasted an hour of my life creating this.

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 11:28:06 PM -   #159 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDecalWorld
Ohhh no. Dang. I just finished it up too. Sorry forum, I am not allowed to post the "Rhinestone Decal on Steroids" Man, I just wasted an hour of my life creating this.
Gotta read the rules, Matt. First important step when joining a forum. And no need to apologize, most of the members are very aware of the guidelines.

Thanks for the great posts from you, and everyone else, in this thread.

But must always be careful to stay within the guidelines of the Forum. We all agreed to them when we signed on, and the major majority of members do adhere to them, so as a courtesy to each other, we all carry the same torch.

For everyone here as something to sell, something to promote, and at TSF, we also respect the law of copyright and trademark.

All of it is actually what makes the special blended flavor that is the forum we all know, love and appreciate.

Thanks, again, Matt.

Old July 27th, 2010 Jul 27, 2010 11:32:51 PM -   #160 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

I have read the thread through and as a courtesy to all the authors and future readers, have updated the title to more reflect the direction the thread has taken. Great info, please keep up the good work and best wishes to you each in your business/learning endeavors. Hi to some familiar faces in here. Best wishes to you and Cathy, Terry.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 3:26:08 AM -   #161 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc

Here is my niece's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daniel Training Center.jpg (1.69 MB, 40 views)

Last edited by tla1217; July 28th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 3:31:08 AM -   #162 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

QUOTE] I just sent out a few samples to Victoria Secret yesterday. A rep contacted me about some stuff they want in their stores. If it works, ALL of their stores! LOL [/QUOTE] [/quote]

Matt, you may have landed Victoria Secret? Congratulations on that. I hope it works out for you. Totally impressed!

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 4:18:01 AM -   #163 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Katrina
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?

Also, this is not my design, my neice is an artist and designed it herself. I'm just making it into a decal.

Really, Really nice Terry.

The Following User Says Thank You to veedub3 For This Useful Post:
tla1217 (July 28th, 2010)
Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:07:32 AM -   #164 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Hey Terry, Thanks! FAR FAR from landed though. We were just contacted by someone to send samples of the product of what they want to see if they like it and if it will work for the project they are doing. Fingers are crossed and we will see. I think what I sent exactly what they want and I think it will work.

Old July 28th, 2010 Jul 28, 2010 5:46:59 AM -   #165 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Here is my neice's logo that she wants as a decal. It's quite large at 9" tall. She is a horse trainer in Utah so, I won't be able to help her apply it. Do you think this will be a problem during application to the truck?
Great design Terry!

It looks like you used a couple of different size rhinestones in the designs? Are they 3mm and 2mm or 4mm and 3mm? I believe Matt posted somewhere a while back the 2mm rhinestones don't adhere well to the decal material and will come loose.

If this design doesn't work as a car decal it would look awesome on a t-shirt or hoodie. Nice work!

This is a discussion about Rhinestone Car Decals: show samples, discuss cutters, template material, application methods, etc that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in