which cutter and software to get for hotfix rhinestones (low cost)? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Rhinestone Decoration

Rhinestone Category Sponsor

Discuss the different methods of adding some bling to your designs. Rhinestone and rhinestud transfers, templates, equipment, software and supplies are inlcuded in this forum.

which cutter and software to get for hotfix rhinestones (low cost)?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2010 Jul 13, 2010 4:13:23 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: daniel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default which cutter and software to get for hotfix rhinestones (low cost)?

hey to all i am completly new to all this and looking to get involved and start making clothing with hot fix rhinestones but to make stencils u need a cutter and software to convert everything ive been reading everyones post for couple of days now i am completly lost on what to get cutter and software wise i am in the uk and on a bit of a tight budget so at mo cheapest would be good can anyone help and explain

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2010 Jul 13, 2010 5:08:57 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: which cutter and software to get for hotfix rhinestones (low cost)?

Can you tell us which ones you're considering from the research you've already done?

Old July 13th, 2010 Jul 13, 2010 8:42:18 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Teach
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Try the Graphtec CE5000-40 Craft Robo Pro with Funtime or ACS Studio.

Old July 14th, 2010 Jul 14, 2010 1:21:28 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: daniel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i have found this bundle which i think will do it all just need to find out what prog i could use to make the rhinestone templates aswell

bundle link http://www.lovecut.co.uk/vinyl-t-shi...kage-380-p.asp

vinyl cutter link http://www.lovecut.co.uk/24-refine-v...utter-70-p.asp

its just all confusing as originaly i just wanted a vinyl cutter to make stencils for rhinestones but then saw a video u can make vinyl iron ons aswell there is a lot more than i thought simply buy then start making clothes lol

Last edited by milli.vybz; July 14th, 2010 at 01:47 AM..

Old March 16th, 2013 Mar 16, 2013 2:17:28 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milli.vybz
hey to all i am completly new to all this and looking to get involved and start making clothing with hot fix rhinestones but to make stencils u need a cutter and software to convert everything ive been reading everyones post for couple of days now i am completly lost on what to get cutter and software wise i am in the uk and on a bit of a tight budget so at mo cheapest would be good can anyone help and explain

thanks in advance
Being in the UK you might have limited options...

But don't think for a second on this listing...!!

Foison C24 vinyl cutter with assorted Vinyl | eBay

CHEAP!!! If it works this would be a great paired with KNK Studio... www.digitalcuttersplus.com $139 US...

I would just tell you this... For starting out... You don't need to spend a ton of money... Honestly you should be able to get going for under 400 euro at the very most...

Can you spend more money for a fancy cutter... You can... But I would suggest starting out with a basic inexpensive cutter and then as you make money decide if you really need more... I've been cutting templates the last 3 days almost non stop on a cheap chinese cutter I bought for $25.00 US... I've had the really expensive cutters... The really cheap and the middle of the road... I have a middle of the road and cheap of the cheap... Honestly for vinyl and rhinestone templates they all perform the same for me...

I can't stress enough to you though if that cutter linked to above is still available and it works... BUY IT!... It would be all you need... That and I would recommend KNK Studio as that software works great for rhinestone templates... $139.00 US... I'm sure that cutter linked to above has some software with it but it doesn't specifically say...

Another option for you...Budget wise....

REDSAIL OPTICAL CRAFT VINYL CUTTER PLOTTER FREE STAND& SIGNCUT SOFTWARE | eBay

I've had this cutter for years and it works great... When paired with KNK Studio... Do I sell KNK Studio... NO... It may sound like I do but I don't... But KNK Studio is what I use and it's AWESOME for Rhinestone Cutting... I bought mine from www.digitalcuttersplus.com.

To get started either of the cutters I listed here I think would work great for you for a long time and be probably the least you could get started for...

Here are my cutters....

24 Inch

My Baby 14" - LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!!

Kevin

This is a discussion about which cutter and software to get for hotfix rhinestones (low cost)? that was posted in the Rhinestone Decoration section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in