heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Resolute DTG
A forum to discuss the R-Jet 4 and R-Jet 5 direct to garment printers from Resolute DTG (in the UK and US)

heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2020 Jan 5, 2020 4:53:23 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines?

So,

After my 10th heavy head clean the white ink lines are not fully clearing up. I have however cleared the nozzle check so I am not getting any patterns for any of the colours. What could be the cause of the white ink lines not flishing out properly?

My assumptions are:
1) The dampers: This must not be clearing properly perhaps
2) a blockage some where which is slowly disolving away

- The capping station is pumping and emptying
- The wiper blades are moving as it should
- The print head produced a near 100% nozzle check for the white after the 3rd heavy head clean which cleared all the ink lines but the whites persisted until the 10th heavy head clean.

Are there any other components that could cause this? or any ideas at all? also as my R Jet5i is discontinued where is the best place to get them?

Thanks in advance.

Shimon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2020 Jan 5, 2020 9:48:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Colin
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIMSTAR
So,

After my 10th heavy head clean the white ink lines are not fully clearing up. I have however cleared the nozzle check so I am not getting any patterns for any of the colours. What could be the cause of the white ink lines not flishing out properly?

My assumptions are:
1) The dampers: This must not be clearing properly perhaps
2) a blockage some where which is slowly disolving away

- The capping station is pumping and emptying
- The wiper blades are moving as it should
- The print head produced a near 100% nozzle check for the white after the 3rd heavy head clean which cleared all the ink lines but the whites persisted until the 10th heavy head clean.

Are there any other components that could cause this? or any ideas at all? also as my R Jet5i is discontinued where is the best place to get them?

Thanks in advance.

Shimon
Hi Shimon,

Apologies as in my last reply autocorrect changed your name and I didnít notice.

White lines will rarely fully clear on this type of printer. The ink bays, lines and dampers are all one consumable part that can be changed as a single part. If the cleaner is coming through I would not worry about it.

Just because the printer is discontinued does not mean you cannot buy parts. These will be available well past the printers expected lifespan.

If you are getting a good nozzle check with the flushing solution you should be able to refill the system with ink and continue to print. If when the ink is loaded it does not print correctly you might need a new ink system or printhead. This assumes your inks are not out of date and brushing a shirt caused the original issue.

One thing to remember is, when printing a nozzle check it is a minute amount of ink and no effort for the printhead. When you print a t shirt the head is working hard, sometimes when the ink fades off while printing it could mean the printhead is simply worn out. I have seen many printheads generate a perfect nozzle check and then fade off halfway down a print. Hopefully this is not the case, do you know when the printer last had a new ink delivery system or a new head?

You can print off a usage sheet onto a4 paper or a nozzle check sheet to see how many prints it has done. You would expect to get approx 5000 prints from an ink delivery system and 12000 prints from a printhead. Both are consumable parts so these figures can vary depending on how the previous owner used it before you purchased it.

I hope this helps you get back up and printing.

Regards

Colin

Old January 6th, 2020 Jan 6, 2020 1:33:44 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi Colin!

No worries with the name. I have a very good service record of the machine from yourselves. Record as follows:
Please see below a summary of the parts you have had fitted to your machine:

Prinhead

Ink Delivery System

Capping station

Shirt Box

Printhead

Printhead

Printhead

Ink Delivery System

So, after seing this i quizzed why so many head changes and I was told that image armour white ink caused a lot of problems so that was switched to using Camtex white max and camtex dupont artistri inks. Also the reason why I was looking for complete clearance is because when i purchased the machine we managed to clear all the lines with 3 heavy head cleans with zero nozzles showing up so i was baffled why after 10 nothing i was getting a very faint white nozzle check. I will reload all the inks today and try to print some thing and see what happens. I hope for the best.

Thanks again colin!

Old January 6th, 2020 Jan 6, 2020 7:56:28 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Hi all,

Just an update. Colin was right. After reintroducting all the inks ans 3 x heavy head clean I am all back up and running. I messed around with some of the queues after the first print laud too much white making it smudge across. I noticed the vector queues do that. I also cross reference my old board settings against the new ones sent to me and now convinced the new board setting are off as i got far superior results using the old settings. I had my typical error i get after the white ink pass where it errors out and doesnt do the colour due to either a slipping box (I have determined by boxes are no good).so the good news is my print head is fine i think the printer just got confused.I did test prints of my brand logo to get mixed results. The inline setting gave slighty blurry results with less ink being laid so the textures of the weave showed through while my old board settings gave the best results with near screenprint like results. Ive attached pictures for your entertainment also feedback welcome.

leading onto my questions:

1) how do I get my settings checked onthe rip software for the boards
2) Is there anyone that can repair boxes?

Old January 8th, 2020 Jan 8, 2020 9:53:41 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Colin
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIMSTAR
Hi all,

Just an update. Colin was right. After reintroducting all the inks ans 3 x heavy head clean I am all back up and running. I messed around with some of the queues after the first print laud too much white making it smudge across. I noticed the vector queues do that. I also cross reference my old board settings against the new ones sent to me and now convinced the new board setting are off as i got far superior results using the old settings. I had my typical error i get after the white ink pass where it errors out and doesnt do the colour due to either a slipping box (I have determined by boxes are no good).so the good news is my print head is fine i think the printer just got confused.I did test prints of my brand logo to get mixed results. The inline setting gave slighty blurry results with less ink being laid so the textures of the weave showed through while my old board settings gave the best results with near screenprint like results. Ive attached pictures for your entertainment also feedback welcome.

leading onto my questions:

1) how do I get my settings checked onthe rip software for the boards
2) Is there anyone that can repair boxes?
Hi,

Great news about your printhead. Could you please PM your contact phone number to me.

Regards

Colin

This is a discussion about heavy head clean not clearig white ink lines? that was posted in the Resolute DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in