R-JET 5 Printhead model - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Resolute DTG
A forum to discuss the R-Jet 4 and R-Jet 5 direct to garment printers from Resolute DTG (in the UK and US)

R-JET 5 Printhead model

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 25th, 2018 Jun 25, 2018 9:16:24 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default R-JET 5 Printhead model

Hello to everyone!

I am going to replace a print head in my R-JET 5 machine from the Resolute.

I found that the recommended model for my machine is Epson DX5 F187000. I also contacted one of the online shops in the UK that is offering these heads. They asked me to send them pictures of my previous head so they can check the serial numbers and advice me what sort of head I am going to need. And they told me that I need F186000 second lock head. My questions are:

- What is the CORRECT print head model for the R-JET 5? Is it F186000
OR F187000?
- Will both of them work just fine in my machine?
- What is the difference between F186000 and F187000?
- My previous head is second lock. Can I fit unlocked head in to that printer?
- Do I need print head for the eco-solvent or water based inks ? (From what I found water based is ok)

I am attaching the pictures of my previous head.

https://ibb.co/jiLJLT

https://ibb.co/gJHb78

Thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2018 Jun 26, 2018 1:53:53 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Tony
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: R-JET 5 Printhead model

You need the 187000, the R-Jet 5 is based on the Stylus 4880. From what I can see the 186000 is not for the 4880. It's a waterbased ink printhead, dtg is waterbased.

They need your serial number as Epson out more control over their printheads than an ex girlfriend with a mobile phone full of dodgy pictures

Old June 26th, 2018 Jun 26, 2018 2:00:05 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Ok thank you. So definitely I need to get the F187000. So it needs to be locked or unlocked? Or it does not matter? Seems like my previous head is second time locked. Its serial number is 15030101. I am wondering why the supplier I've contacted recommended F186000 for the 4880 based printers. But from what I've found F187000 is the correct model.

Old June 26th, 2018 Jun 26, 2018 10:23:11 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Not too sure on the locked/unlocked business but as long as it's a recognized epson spares dealer you should be ok

Old June 28th, 2018 Jun 28, 2018 2:58:29 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can purchase a new head from Resolute, you'll need your serial.

Or you can purchase one from an Epson dealer. They all come unlocked as far as I'm aware.

The first question has to be - are you sure you need a new head? With some TLC you can get a lot of heads sorted.

Old June 28th, 2018 Jun 28, 2018 8:38:12 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I know 100% that head is gone. I've ordered a new one already. Soon I'll be replacing it.

Old September 11th, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 2:08:14 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewers
I know 100% that head is gone. I've ordered a new one already. Soon I'll be replacing it.

Hey, how did you get on with this.... how much was the replacement head? I need one and don't know whether to buy a used 4880 or 7880 but the whole locked/unlocked thing is confusing.

Old September 11th, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 2:17:32 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOwned
Hey, how did you get on with this.... how much was the replacement head? I need one and don't know whether to buy a used 4880 or 7880 but the whole locked/unlocked thing is confusing.
If you can get a used 4880 with a full nozzle check and flush the head then you should be ok but they're few and far between at a cost which is less than buying a new head

Old September 11th, 2018 Sep 11, 2018 9:26:25 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Hi guys ! Yeah I got the print head replaced. Printer is working better than ever before. You can find the print heads at the FH-Union UK LTD Just email them or give them a ring to make sure they got them in stock. They are brilliant supplier. The print head is F187000 unlocked - it is working fine 100% confirmed. Later I will post some more info about replacing the head.

This is a discussion about R-JET 5 Printhead model that was posted in the Resolute DTG section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in